MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

First too eps of Hawkeye we’re pretty good. Bishop and the Tracksuit Mafia for the win, but Hawkeye had some funny moments for a sour puss.

Story is pretty straight forward, so far, and no end credits scenes, but it was good to see Fraction with a Consulting Producer nod.

So we have WoT Friday and Hawkeye Weds. Will Expanse take the Tuesday or Thursday slot?

Just saw that Hanna dropped today too (whole season). Looks like all the the post-pandemic floodgates are open. 

6 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

"Bro, I found her!"  :lol:

This was good, although like Jeordhi said, more straightforward than I expected from an adaptation of Fraction's Hawkeye.

Yeah. Inwanted to come put that quote in this thread.  Just about my biggest guffaw. 

I'm absolutely loving this thus far.  I think it's actually a pretty solid adaptation of taking the MCU Hawkeye and giving him a Fraction spin. 

I'm embarrassed I didn't make the connection to who Jack was at first.  

All in all, this is quite fun at the moment.  

I really hope the step-dad character is a misdirect and he's not actually the bad guy, because every scene he's in feels like he's a sentence away from twirling his mustache and revealing his evil plan.  It would be hilarious if it turned out he was just a normal dude and Kate was paranoid over nothing. 

Did anybody else find Steinfeld’s fighting noises really annoying? It’s the first time I’ve every watched one of these kind of shows/movies and during a fight scene really pictured the star sitting in a sound booth grunting and gasping over and over for them to add afterward.

Also how do you see your old costume on tv and immediately go out and track it down at night in Manhattan? (I only watched the first one, maybe they address it, a stark tech tracker perhaps!?)

Yeah, solid opening, pretty straightforward. I am enjoying Clint's completely resigned, "WTF, okay I guess I'm along for the ride," attitude and him keeping his wife 100% in the loop on everything that's going on.

The whole LARP thing was hilarious, especially the slow-mo with the epic music playing.

Archived