Book of Boba Fett: The Upstaging of Din Djarin [SPOILERS]

Rhom

Thinking of Mando showing up on BooBF and basically doing Boba Fett better than Boba Fett does, it reminded me of an article I read once that talked about the ultimate upstaging.

Bruce Springsteen performs One Headlight with Wallflowers at the VMAs

Bruce came on there with Jakob Dylan and performed Dylan's song so much better that it crashed the entire Wallflowers' career and they were never heard from again.  That's kinda what this last episode felt like to me.  Mando shows up on Boba's show and does it better than he does and now no one wants to see the end of BooBF... they just want Mando S3.

Walk carefully when you bring better talent onto your stage!

What about all those innocent building contractors?

Those contractors had a moral obligation to decide what kind of job they took.  They weren't innocent.

With only two episodes of TBoBF left the thread title can change to The Book of [Insert favourite Mandalorian here] soon. Who knows, if they introduce Sabine Wren well, then she may become the more interesting of Mandalorians.

Anyway, on the most recent episode: Good episode of The Mandalorian, disappointing episode of The Book of Boba Fett.

Imagine if we got this opening bounty for The Mandalorian pilot... sans spear, Darksaber and shiny armour - Ok it wouldn't be anywhere near as cool without the Darksaber. Reminded me of the abattoir scenes in Predator 2. Which then reminds me, it would bode Din well to carry a med kit like the Predator does. Also, I hope those weren't Bantha carcasses. They haven't figured out lab grown meat yet? Or perhaps those were lab grown carcasses?   

Considering in TM S2 finale Moff Gideon seemed fairly proficient wielding the Darksaber, did he put in work or did he get some of that Grogu blood infusion so he could use it with ease?

I reckon the Armoror has been short changing Din every time she's reforged beskar for him. Unless the spear and shaft were hollow there must've been a fair amount left over after chain-mailing the spear tip for Grogu's 51st present (or is he 52 now? What's a standard Star Wars Galactic year by the way?). Anyway I think the Armoror taxes like any cult leader does. I also think she may be an unreliable narrator with regards the historic events portrayed to Din. Good riddance if Din can escape her influence.

If the season was longer, they could insert another non-Boba filler where Krrysantan sneaks a session in the Bacta tank and we get a full recount of Krrysantan the Gladiator!

Following episode - seeing Santan's considerable frame squeezed into his tank Boba realises he can avert war by providing Bacta tanks for the Pikes and thus forms the Spa Alliance of Tattween.

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

By the way, it appears flashbacks for each main character are triggered in a certain medium: the Bacta tank for Boba and the forge for Din. So I wonder what Obi-Wan's and Ahsoka's mediums will be for the inevitable flashbacks.

If we get Obi-Wan flashbacks does that mean a chance for a cameo by Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon.

1 hour ago, Leofric said:

If we get Obi-Wan flashbacks does that mean a chance for a cameo by Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon.

The real question, is Qui-Gon more fearsome than Bryan Mills, I mean after all he does have a very particular set of skills!

Saw the Mandalorian Season 3 filming has been halted due to Covid. If the delay doesnt take too long I expect it wont impact their projected release date which I would think would have come after their other 2 already completed shows, Obi Wan and Andor. I guess one each quarter, with Mandalorian season 3 airing towards December.

57 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I constantly forget that Andor is an upcoming show. I hope it's going to be decent I have the least interest in it out of all the live-action planned shows.

I'm not sure I knew it was an upcoming show at all.  What is it even about?  NYPD Blue... but on Andor?  Or do they not even have Jimmy Smits back?

Edit:  Please ignore my comment which was made without thinking.

35 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'm not sure I knew it was an upcoming show at all.  What is it even about?  NYPD Blue... but on Andor?  Or do they not even have Jimmy Smits back?

No it's about Cassian Andor, the rebel captain from Rogue One. And the planet is called Alderaan. 

Just now, Corvinus85 said:

No it's about Cassian Andor, the rebel captain from Rogue One. And the planet is called Alderaan. 

Ohhhhh yeahhhhh... that's embarassing.

I'll go turn in my nerd credentials now...  Sadly, I think I had Andor from Wheel of Time on my mind and just transposed it in there.  

:leaving: 

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I constantly forget that Andor is an upcoming show. I hope it's going to be decent I have the least interest in it out of all the live-action planned shows.

I keep forgetting about it too.  And it's funny because Rogue One was probably my favorite Disney Star Wars movie (by far).

Back to the discussion we had on the volume of beskar for the spear vs what appears to be a chain link hauberk of some sort; I'm trying to remember, but wasn't there a line back in season one when Mando was first leveling up that when he brought in beskar he could request some of it for an item for himself but the rest of it went into a communal pool of some sort?

Archived