Jump to content

UK Politics - Democracy for the 0.27% - Worst Past The Post edition


Which Tyler
 Share

Recommended Posts

If the online melt down is remotely accurate is measuring the situation then this feels like the real thing. She's been an unchanging institution for so long it will be interesting to see if certain things change.

If one were inclined to believe in omens it would seem like a poor one for a new PM. Especially one who goes by that name.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, karaddin said:

If the online melt down is remotely accurate is measuring the situation then this feels like the real thing. She's been an unchanging institution for so long it will be interesting to see if certain things change.

If one were inclined to believe in omens it would seem like a poor one for a new PM. Especially one who goes by that name.

 

We’ll certainly find out how much support for the monarchy was personal support for her compared to support for the institution 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Appearance aside, she has a very old world view of politics and considering she has all the charisma of a wet fart, I would assume the only way she could advance to this station was by hanging around for a very long time.

She doesn't have any views of her own, she just parrots whatever she's told and then waits for a pat on the head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

They don't call all the family, or risk so many members of the Royal Family on so few emergency flights, unless this real.

The description of the PM receiving news and then discretely informing other leaders also feels real to me. There's not much that makes them put their partisan games aside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, karaddin said:

The description of the PM receiving news and then discretely informing other leaders also feels real to me. There's not much that makes them put their partisan games aside.

Yeh - someone pointed out in The Guardian Live update that Parliament is not usually interpreted for reports on the Queen's health.

I think I knew she wasn't really immortal, but this is pretty devastating nonetheless.  Especially on top of everything else the country is going through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Yeh - someone pointed out in The Guardian Live update that Parliament is not usually interpreted for reports on the Queen's health.

I think I knew she wasn't really immortal, but this is pretty devastating nonetheless.  Especially on top of everything else the country is going through.

I turn 40 soon and she's been the queen for almost twice as long as I've been alive. The amount that the world has changed during her reign is ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Yeh - someone pointed out in The Guardian Live update that Parliament is not usually interpreted for reports on the Queen's health.

I think I knew she wasn't really immortal, but this is pretty devastating nonetheless.  Especially on top of everything else the country is going through.

Is it? I'm as concerned for her as she would be for me. I don't actively wish her harm, but fuck those privileged fucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, karaddin said:

I turn 40 soon and she's been the queen for almost twice as long as I've been alive. The amount that the world has changed during her reign is ridiculous.

I think that's it.  Even if you're not pro-monarchy, it will just be such a change.  For most of us, she's always been there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mormont said:

'If'. There's a few years before that'll come to pass, and there's time yet to abolish the lot of them. 

Is that actually going to happen? I understand people like the Queen, not the institution so much, but it’s so ingrained in the culture that it’s hard to see it ending unless someone like William does it.

23 minutes ago, Poobah said:

She doesn't have any views of her own, she just parrots whatever she's told and then waits for a pat on the head.

She’s an empty suit, but at the same time she’s chosen her path. It is kind of funny to visualize her have a device on her that shocks her if she says the wrong thing though.  

26 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

They don't call all the family, or risk so many members of the Royal Family on so few emergency flights, unless this real.

 

In my experience, when grandchildren are told to drop what they’re doing and come home the situation is dire and likely inevitable.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

IIn my experience, when grandchildren are told to drop what they’re doing and come home the situation is dire and likely inevitable.   

Even if just all the children are summoned that's the case, and it's now reported Anne, Andrew, and Edward are all there or on the way. 

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/duke-york-princess-anne-prince-7562410

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With stuff like the BBC homepage already turned to from red to black, I wonder what the odds are that she has in fact already passed and everyone's waiting for an official announcement at 6pm UK time (which I believe is the supposed protocol)?

On other hand, if she is alive and ends up pulling through just fine, maybe it'll cause a re-think of so much presumptive activity. ... Nah, probably not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

With stuff like the BBC homepage already turned to from red to black, I wonder what the odds are that she has in fact already passed and everyone's waiting for an official announcement at 6pm UK time (which I believe is the supposed protocol)?

On other hand, if she is alive and ends up pulling through just fine, maybe it'll cause a re-think of so much presumptive activity. ... Nah, probably not.

Possible. One unconfirmed rumour - although even the BBC mentioned it - that the Queen was actually feeling a bit better. This would be one hell of a false alarm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Possible. One unconfirmed rumour - although even the BBC mentioned it - that the Queen was actually feeling a bit better. This would be one hell of a false alarm.

I feel for the News Agencies - difficult to report on this in a 24 hour news cycle with cameras everywhere.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...