Football: Has Haaland scored yet?

A Horse Named Stranger

Well, that was okayish. 1-1 against the league leaders. Could've won this, could've lost this. Given how dreadful we are away we probably need to win pretty much all of our home games to not find ourselves in the relegation battle at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

When do we take arsenal seriously as genuine title contenders? 10-1-1 is a proper start to the season. 

Definitely a title-contending start. However I think like all Gunners fans I'm a bit annoyed (and worried) that the World Cup is going to kill the momentum. Hopefully it gives some of our squad (obviously less depth than City's) a break but a few are involved.

These refs are terrible at protecting players, dunno what the ref in the soton game was doign last week where he refused to give anything to Saka and again this week where he's kicked about whilst the ref refuses to book players.

Forest were poor, but Nelson looked great. We need all the help we can get on the wings! Hopefully he can stay fit and get more minutes. He was a really big hope for the academy when he broke through, but injuries have really held him back. Good to see him get some goals and a great day.

I'm definitely not a fan who demands or expects a win in every single match, and over the years I've seen many matches where Liverpool players played their best and lost and I've never had an issue with that. What I do have a problem with is when a team as great as current Liverpool's team plays so much below what they're capable of. Not wanting to be dramatic about it but this season's Liverpool performance can easily be called disgraceful.

Everyone looks like they just don't care. I have no idea what the problem is, whether players are thinking about the World Cup or if they need a rest or whatever, but they definitely need to snap out of it. Unlike Arsenal supporters, I'd dare say Liverpool supporters feel the World Cup break can't come fast enough.

17 hours ago, Jeor said:

Definitely a title-contending start. However I think like all Gunners fans I'm a bit annoyed (and worried) that the World Cup is going to kill the momentum. Hopefully it gives some of our squad (obviously less depth than City's) a break but a few are involved.

The break works in our favour, mate. Hopefully, we strengthen in Jan especially midfield. 

34 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

The break works in our favour, mate. Hopefully, we strengthen in Jan especially midfield. 

I was thinking the same thing. We don't have a massive amount of players in the world cup and it gives Edu/Arteta some time to do some recruitment since they don't have much else to do during the WC.

But I will say, the lack of football for a month might be tough for some players. We'll see.

Archived