UK Politics: who's in charge today?

mormont

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

That would be utterly astonishing to me.

Part of the reason I asked is because it could actually be a good thing for them to pick someone who is either not a Tory or pick some famous, popular person who is a Tory, if such a creature exists. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Part of the reason I asked is because it could actually be a good thing for them to pick someone who is either not a Tory or pick some famous, popular person who is a Tory, if such a creature exists. 

Nigel Farage? Failing that they could always dig up the corpse of Jimmy Saville; "Weekend at Bernie's" Style. 

Too soon? 

Ffs, she gets 10 grand a month for 50 days work. Now I know why they all want to be leader despite it being a poisoned chalice.

We should allow BJ to take over again just to prevent some other fucker getting their hands on the payout. 

There needs to be an immediate consensus behind Sunak, not because he’s a good candidate or because he’s shown any indication of a principled character, but because it’s the only way they can in any way divorce themselves from the Truss induced fuck ups that he accurately predicted. Surely better than a criminal currently under investigation for more misdeeds?

On the comparison with the situation in the US, I mean the US is famously a divided nation. That means half of you still support some decent policies. The only division in the UK is clowns to the left, jokers to the right.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Ffs, she gets 10 grand a month for 50 days work. Now I know why they all want to be leader despite it being a poisoned chalice.

We should allow BJ to take over again just to prevent some other fucker getting their hands on the payout. 

This is actually the time to point out politicians are massively underpaid. That's all the PM makes?

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This is actually the time to point out politicians are massively underpaid. That's all the PM makes?

No. Its expenses they can claim to pay for activity connected with being a former PM. 

I totally agree politicians are underpaid. Even allowing for their appaling performance. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

No. Its expenses they can claim to pay for activity connected with being a former PM.

So becoming PM (or former PM I guess) is like winning that five thousand a week for life lottery?

21 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I totally agree politicians are underpaid. Even allowing for their appaling performance. 

All politicians cash in on the back end. That's a baked in perk. But if you make the job so unappealing to the actual best candidates, you get what you get.

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

They're so afraid of losing the next election, they're gonna bring Boris back after he looked the other way on sexual assault and is currently under investigation.

Sigh. 

He's already the betting favorite. To quote Ed Luce, "It's like a dog returning to its vomit." 

Archived