NBA - The upside down

BigFatCoward

3 hours ago, briantw said:

I didn't watch the Cavs game tonight but checked the box score and said "holy shit" out loud.  Mitchell is ridiculous. 

Scored or assisted 99 pts, I bet that's frustrating. 

Wilt only did 104 when he scored 100. 

4 hours ago, briantw said:

I didn't watch the Cavs game tonight but checked the box score and said "holy shit" out loud.  Mitchell is ridiculous. 

It's also pretty ridic that he dropped 71 and it wasn't even 50% of his team's points. 

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Wow, he wasn't even on a tear until the right at the end of the first half.

Yeah he had sixteen points at halftime and scored 55 in the second and OT.  I believe they said he’s the first player ever to have over 70 points with 10 assists.

The 3pt dominance of todays game is watering down the totals for these individual score lines. I think Wilts record is gonna fall within the decade.

Your gonna see a VW or Chet or Curry or someone just go Berzerker and drop about 30 3's some night and the 100 point record will fall im predicting.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The 3pt dominance of todays game is watering down the totals for these individual score lines. I think Wilts record is gonna fall within the decade.

Your gonna see a VW or Chet or Curry or someone just go Berzerker and drop about 30 3's some night and the 100 point record will fall im predicting.

Don't think so. It's an enormous amount of shots to even take, not to mention make. And they also can't be blowing the other team out otherwise they'll be sitting the fourth quarter.

You basically need a one man team with teammates force feeding the ball to one player. Maybe Luka has a shot at the points scored or assisted, but don't think anyone will be reaching points scored.

7 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Don't think so. It's an enormous amount of shots to even take, not to mention make. And they also can't be blowing the other team out otherwise they'll be sitting the fourth quarter.

You basically need a one man team with teammates force feeding the ball to one player. Maybe Luka has a shot at the points scored or assisted, but don't think anyone will be reaching points scored.

I agree, and if Wilt's record does fall, the set of circumstances surrounding the breaking of the record will have to be really unique in today's game.

Look at how, at 56 years of age, he still makes Shaq and Patrick Ewing look like JV players.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I agree, and if Wilt's record does fall, the set of circumstances surrounding the breaking of the record will have to be really unique in today's game.

I don't think so.  Kobe scored the majority of his 81 after the half and he didn't even shoot many 3's (7).  Now granted he was helped by going against one of the worst coaches of all time, who by his own admission said that he didn't want the Raps to double Kobe.

On 1/7/2023 at 5:36 AM, Proudfeet said:

And Wilt did it as a center against a bunch of guys who smoked at half-time.  It was a lot easier for him to score 100 than it would be for a guard to do it in the modern game where damn near everyone on the court is a freak athlete.  A guard or small forward would have to get extremely, extremely hot to even sniff 100.  There's a reason you only see scoring outbursts like Mitchell's a handful of times a season.  

On 1/4/2023 at 2:51 AM, Rhom said:

Zion continuing to follow AD’s career path in all the wrong ways.

Its unfortunate that we have seen so little of him and Ingram together. Zion has been great so far but Ingram was out and still is. Last year Ingram was excellent but Zion out. Now both out.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

40/40 free throws by the Heat, and they only won by one.  Cold. 

Thousands of youth and high school coaches around the country all felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in ecstasy and were suddenly satisfied.

Luka driving the mavs to the win, but he played 53 mins. its no use securing the 4th seed if your only decent player is blowing out of his arse come the playoffs. 

With Durrant out, Brooklyn needed Simmons to step up, he did not.  

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Luka driving the mavs to the win, but he played 53 mins. its no use securing the 4th seed if your only decent player is blowing out of his arse come the playoffs. 

“Luka had three 50 point games in eight days and Dirk had just two 50 point games in 7369 days.”

Talk about a stat.

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Shades of the Cavs early in LeBron’s career.

Archived