[Spoilers] Rings of Power 4: The Battle for Middle-Earth begins

Ser Drewy

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It’s worse than described…

No… no… no… no… just fucking… NO!

This has to be fake. That theory doesn't exist. It's just random trolling, or the production throwing out fake stuff that's so bad that people will feel relief when it's merely poor rather than abysmal.

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The asshat show defenders will try to claims that nutfilled horseshit is… canon.

Just… no.

:shocked:

Reveal hidden contents

:lol:

I wish you were a Wheel of Time fan, so you could take this incredible purist energy to that thread. The power of our righteous outrage would shake the internet.

Imagine being confronted with comments that state "You know, Tom Bombadil was undercooked in the books, this seems like an improvement. Who wants a rehash of lore we're already familiar with anyway? Updating for a modern audience is an excellent direction."

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It’s “www.theonering.net” that is publicizing this stuff.  They’ve had good insider info before.

Yeah, but they're literally just saying it's all from a deleted anon post on 4chan. Their post adds a few rumors they themselves have heard, and their tenor and content is very different from this 4chan crack post. I would be extremely cautious about believing any of the 4chan stuff.

Edited by Ran

The death of Finrod seems a worthless mistake, but it is a great deal, so he died at the time of Beren and Luthien , after Beren and Luthien the most important events happened : the life of Turin, the fifth battle, the fall of Gondolin and the war of wrath, so Finrod actually died thousands of years before the rings of power

17 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

The death of Finrod seems a worthless mistake, but it is a great deal, so he died at the time of Beren and Luthien , after Beren and Luthien the most important events happened : the life of Turin, the fifth battle, the fall of Gondolin and the war of wrath, so Finrod actually died thousands of years before the rings of power

The show has already truncated the thousands of years of the Second Age to a few years, so when Finrod died is irrelevant. It's how the show decided to show how and what he died for that was wasted.

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The asshat show defenders will try to claims that nutfilled horseshit is… canon.

Just… no.

:shocked:

Hide contents

Why do you care what asshats think?

11 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Because… as evidenced by the State of the United States… people listen to Asshats.

And?  Who cares what other asshats will listen to in regards to a fake world?

20 hours ago, IFR said:

Imagine being confronted with comments that state "You know, Tom Bombadil was undercooked in the books, this seems like an improvement. Who wants a rehash of lore we're already familiar with anyway? Updating for a modern audience is an excellent direction."

There's a sitcom about Scott reacting to stuff like this just crying to be made.

EDIT:

It would have to include some elements of tragedy, obviously.

Edited by baxus

2 hours ago, Durckad said:

Q found a new job apparently. Went from exposing government secrets to... Rings of Power leaks. 

I laugh at this, but the mindset is similar. The theory about Tom and Goldberry is that they are in fact evil people living in the midst of a world unaware of their darkness. Q theories are all about Dems/liberals being Satanists, cannibals or whatever.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I laugh at this, but the mindset is similar. The theory about Tom and Goldberry is that they are in fact evil people living in the midst of a world unaware of their darkness. Q theories are all about Dems/liberals being Satanists, cannibals or whatever.

Oh no... the Hobbit Hole goes deeper than I thought!

So are Tom and Goldberry the Deep State in such a scenario? I always knew they were important!

On 1/13/2024 at 10:14 PM, Ser Drewy said:

Pre-Production for Rings of Power's third season reportedly begins: 

The interesting about the Bombadil suggestion is that I saw The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is being reprinted in August to coincide with Season 2 of the Rings of Power, as per the book publisher.

So that suggests that while nothing has been mentioned yet, behind the scenes they seem to be looking at an August-September premiere.

And Bombadil, in whatever capacity, might well be in season 2, which is exciting, as long as they dont make it ridiculous.