Trailer Thread: Reeling them in.

polishgenius

It's Kraven Time!

Isn't Aaron Taylor-Johnson one of the younger actors being talked up as the next James Bond? I can't say this trailer did him many favors in selling that idea. 

The Sony Spider-universe was obviously always a silly idea, but at least Venom and Morbius both had something in their backstory/character/mythos that could be used to set up a solo story. Kraven just... doesn't. Which you can tell because the character in the trailer has no resemblance to the comic character and even with all the changes they still don't seem to have an actual point. 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

It's Kraven Time!

Isn't Aaron Taylor-Johnson one of the younger actors being talked up as the next James Bond? I can't say this trailer did him many favors in selling that idea. 

I think he’s criminally underrated, he’s been really good in pretty much everything I’ve seen him in. I’m sure he’s good in this too.. even if the movie looks fucking terrible. 

I’d just love to know the thought process behind how these movies get made, who thinks this is a good idea? 

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Which you can tell because the character in the trailer has no resemblance to the comic character and even with all the changes they still don't seem to have an actual point. 

Curious, who would you cast for Kraven?  I’m never one for a person that looks like a character physically whether it be Wolverine, Tyrion, Eddie Brock or Jack Reacher. I’ll take a theater actor every time over a big name Hollywood one. I do think Aaron Taylor-Johnson has a lot of potential but you’d ultimately have to pay me money to see a Sony Marvel flick.

Edited by WarGalley

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Curious, who would you cast for Kraven?  I’m never one for a person that looks like a character physically whether it be Wolverine, Tyrion, Eddie Brock or Jack Reacher. I’ll take a theater actor every time over a big name Hollywood one. I do think Aaron Taylor-Johnson has a lot of potential but you’d ultimately have to pay me money to see a Sony Marvel flick.

Fun fact: For X-Men (2000) Bob Hoskins was originally considered for Wolverine. What could have been.

I didn't realize this was a Sofia Coppola film, but the trailer immediately made me think of her because the aesthetic is not dissimilar to some of her other trailers. Don't know if she has a hand in them, or if the trailer editors are all just riffing on the work others have done, but still, good trailer.

Jacob Elordi is like 6'4" or 6'5", and the actress playing Priscilla Presley can't be more than 5', because she is absolutely dwarfed by Elordi in the shot at the 18 second mark.