Trailer Thread: Reeling them in.

polishgenius

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

As long as his name isn’t ‘Ong’. 

(Yep, I saw that shit in theaters)

Once again I feel the tone is waay to serious and desaturated.Why do people always forget there was alot of humour and lightness to the series along with its heavier themes ? I did get some chills hearing the original music though, too bad they fired the original creators…..I don’t have high hopes but considering the teaser got almost 3Mn views in like 12 hours I’d say Netflix definitely has another series like the Witcher on their hands which they’ll be able to confidently milk for a few seasons without any care on it’s quality sigh…

ironically enough, Netflix has a much better track record with animation, I wish they had instead worked on the sequels to Korra like avatar studios is doing right now rather than a a pointless live action remake. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Whoa. 

Wasn’t she on the verge of puberty at the end of the last one? 

I’m not sure I want this. 

Well, there's Maya Hawke...:wub:

And the kid/teen looks way different from the original, hope it's not about her kid.

Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij back at it after The OA, though the icy area and punk "Gen Z Sherlock Holmes" hacker makes it feel like they're doing a spin on Stig Larsson's Lisbeth Salander novels. Very curious. Also good to see Clive Owen on TV, he was fantastic on The Knick.

Edited by Ran

16 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

This has been one of the bigger disappointments in its progression. It started out somewhat twee and slow, but had some real great beats and buildups and season 3 ended well...and then the last two seasons have been so incredibly dull. 

11 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

doesn’t this all fly in the face of the allegation that they rushed GOT to start their movie career?

Specifically, the claim was that they rushed to get to Star Wars. But then that didn't pan out, oddly after the reception for S8 and the various issues Disney was having with its sequel trilogy and saga, and they jumped over to Netflix which gave them a lucrative deal. 

4 hours ago, Ran said:

Specifically, the claim was that they rushed to get to Star Wars. But then that didn't pan out, oddly after the reception for S8 and the various issues Disney was having with its sequel trilogy and saga, and they jumped over to Netflix which gave them a lucrative deal. 

So do you believe this theory then?

Edited by The Bard of Banefort