Which theorist/contributor do you miss most from the general forum?

Sandy Clegg

@GloubieBoulga and @sweetsunray for me, as well as @The Fattest Leech. When @Megorova wasn't driving me crazy, she had some amazing insights. Same with @Melifeather. Several of these people are still active from time to time. The new book may help revive the discussion here.

Edited by Seams

18 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Haven't heard from @Seams in a while. Though I've been off and on a lot, so I may have missed a few of their generally wonderful posts.

Ironically, Reddit seems far more toxic than anything on here.

I was gonna say. I went to reddit a few times since returning here, and.....well remember when I posted about sexism as my first post after returning here? That was completely from reddit, not actually here, which caused me to post that. 

18 hours ago, SeanF said:

Oh thank you! I've been hanging out at Games, Entertainment and HotD forums, but the ASOIAF forum has mostly felt repetitive for years, so I only occasionally drop in. I've cooked up a theory in my head in the meantime so I may post it.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:43 AM, Seams said:

@GloubieBoulga and @sweetsunray for me, as well as @The Fattest Leech. When @Megorova wasn't driving me crazy, she had some amazing insights. Same with @Melifeather. Several of these people are still active from time to time. The new book may help revive the discussion here.

Thank you Seams! It's nice to be missed even if I am in the crazy group! :lol:

@The Fattest Leech  @sweetsunray @Bael's Bastard are among the first who comes to my mind when to comes to theories. Bael was one of the most active poster on the R+L thread and all the mysteries surrounding the prelude of the Rebellion, TFL was one of the most knowledgeable about GRRM's work and Sweet was the author of some of the most thought-out theories I came across here.

There was others posters such as @Ygrain I often disagreed with, but it was always entertaining to tease her about Rhaegar.

@bemused had also some very interesting theories regarding House Stark; perhaps not as well known as the others, he/she is one of the poster I took the most pleasure to read.

@Jon's Queen Consort was also a special member, in fact her absence is probably the one that makes me realize "that time have changed".

I'm probably forgetting a lot of people from the time I was a mere observer -before finally creating an account-, nevertheless  the lack of new books remains the main responsible for all the departure. I lost any hope in the release of TWOW unfortunately, however I'm certain it would bring a lot of former posters back as well as a big wave of new fans.

Edited by Kal-L

Thanks for the mention, @Kal-L. I check the forums and make a post from time to time, but not as frequently. Lack of new main series material is a contributing factor, but so is free time. I think TWOW would bring some people back, but who knows how other factors might impact that.

Edited by Bael's Bastard

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 1:12 AM, LongRider said:

@The Fattest Leech wrote some good stuff.

Yeah, her archive of old GRRM stories and analysis has loads of good gems hidden in there. 

This post has some relevant link to the new Wallwoods theory. The Shieldhall with the rows of shields...