NFL 2023: No Swifties Allowed

Mr. Chatywin et al.

On 10/17/2023 at 5:40 AM, Rhom said:

Never was top five in anything but hype.

Well, like, you're a nightmare pro-Badger so your opinion is sketchy at best. 

9 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

He's still a top 5 qb from that draft.  

Tua is the greatest a 2 yard dump offs ever!

To be fair, Tua is pushing the ball down the field. That said, I think most top 15 QBs would thrive in Miami with that system and skill players. 

Idk.  He gets the ball out faster than anyone playing now.  Lies damn lies etc but seen at least on analysis that said Tua gets it out about as fast as Brady and nearly as fast as Marino. 

Not a perfect analogy but reminds me a bit of Gretzky.  Anticipation and decision making skills aren't as easily measured as size or speed.  Except by results.  If Tua has a bunch if top 5 seasons in his future then this would be much less a hot take.

Miami's OL has leveled up to middle tier so that helps too.  After years and years of trash.

Maybe I'm just a fan boy.

It's funny because I'm somewhat seeing the exact opposite of what you're describing with Tua in Sam Howell.  His arm is great.  On passes that he throws, he's quite possibly a top 10 quarterback this year.  The problem is that his pocket presence is terrible and he holds the ball way too long, which is why he's taken 35 sacks in just 6 games.  Yes, Washington's O line is also very poor, but of the games I've watched, somewhere between a third and half the sacks are Howell's fault. 

I think Zach Wilson would be the exact opposite.  He has no pocket presence or awareness and his arm is OK but he still can't hit the throws when there are open receivers.  Except for maybe 2 drives each game and then you have some hope.  But he is absolutely terrible and has no business being an NFL quarterback.

I watch Brock Purdy and marvel how Mr. Irrelevant can cycle through each receiver and make the safe throw and Zach Wilson, a top 5 pick, locks onto one receiver and will throw into triple coverage when there is a wide open TE or RB right in front of his face 5 yards downfield with no one any where near him.

The Jets would be 5-1 right now if they had a Brock Purdy.  Hell, if they had Tyrod Taylor they woudl be 5-1.  Dallas was the only game they would not have won if they had a competent QB.

Edited by grozeng

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ravens are slapping around the Lions early on, 21-0 pretty fast.

ETA: And just like that 28-0.

It was the feature game locally and they have now cut away to Bucs v Falcons 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

It was the feature game locally and they have now cut away to Bucs v Falcons 

Ick.

Anyways, the Lions are still one of the better teams in the league, but that dismantling shows how they're still pretty far behind the Niners and Eagles in the NFC. 

Turned off the Lions game pretty fast, you could tell they weren't going to be in it at all.

Turned on the Colts game and thought it was the Titans? Weird uniform combo that at first I liked but then they seemed to get worse, just like the calls in the game... helluva way to end a game.

The Raiders lose to a team with a high school QB? I don't know if you heard this but his dad can arm wrestle... random ass shit

Nice week when I don't have to worry about my team losing