Spartacus: House of Ashur announced

Veltigar

So apparently this is happening:

Starz Sets ‘Spartacus: House Of Ashur’ From Steven S. DeKnight; Nick Tarabay Sets Return – Deadline

Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess DeKnight must have a pretty great story in mind to take such a drastic step as this.

32 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

So apparently this is happening:

Starz Sets ‘Spartacus: House Of Ashur’ From Steven S. DeKnight; Nick Tarabay Sets Return – Deadline

Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess DeKnight must have a pretty great story in mind to take such a drastic step as this.

I loved the original. But this doesn't excited me, even though Ashur was amazing. 

I'd far rather they had went the Crassus, Pompey, Caesar route they teased at the end of the last season. I know its been done to death, but not Spartacus style. 

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Spartacus was trash, but it somehow evolved from unwatchable trash to weirdly compelling trash. Sadly, the secret to making good trash has been lost. And now all we get is trash. Which is what this show will most likely be. 

I feel the same way about The Walking Dead

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

To be fair, that’s what the original show was also lol 

However, once past the first few episode, it was quite compelling trash, with LUCY LAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And some other quite watchable actors too.  Ha!

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I loved the original. But this doesn't excited me, even though Ashur was amazing. 

I'd far rather they had went the Crassus, Pompey, Caesar route they teased at the end of the last season. I know its been done to death, but not Spartacus style. 

I'm not sure whether I could have lived through their version of Romans as the protagonists of the show. They were such pantomime villains, I can't imagine rooting for any of them.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Yay, more hot mostly naked people fighting slowly with a lot of blood and people talking in fake Roman speeches!

Got to say, “Jupiter’s cock!” Is a fine piece of dialogue.

That said, Ashur’s character was my favorite in S1 though I never finished S4. I’ll hold out hope for this one despite not likely subscribing to Starz.

Spartacus spinoff Bingo:

• "Jupiter's cock."
  • "Juno's cunt."
  • "I would have words..."
  • "Syrian" (as a pejorative) 
  • Any scene where someone talks about their homeland while looking off into the distance.
  • Ditto for a loved one.
  • Any scene featuring highly stylized and incredibly vigorous group sex.

I know there's more. Help me out here people.

... I just now remembered how awesome this show is. Time for a re-watch.

ETA: The best... The best piece of dialogue from any of these sword and sandals stories is Indira Varma rebuking Kevin McKidd with, "Tone. Tone? My Father's COCK! How's that for 'tone'?!?" in season 1 of Rome.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?