I… HATE… SMOKING!!!

Ser Scot A Ellison

It's not just about lifestyle choices, it's about discrediting science based on a very small sample around oneself. The holier than thou stuff comes as a cherry on top.

My personal favourite, though, was 

Working at Cisco if you guys must know.

I still don't get why that would be relevant to this discussion. Does he think working in a tech company somehow proves his credibility? :lol:

4 hours ago, baxus said:

First, how old are you and what do you do for a living? What are your day-to-day responsibilities? 

You literally asked me about my job just hours ago on this thread. That’s the only reason I brought it up. Has all that Pot given you short term amnesia ?

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

16 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

You literally asked me about my job just hours ago on this thread. That’s the only reason I brought it up. Has all that Pot given you short term amnesia ?

Well, if we're getting technical about it, you still haven't answered that question, have you? I mean, I'm quite sure that at Cisco there are people working in management, accounting, marketing, engineering as well as janitors, security people etc.

And you haven't answered about your day-to-day responsibilities at all. I mean, it's not as if you're obligated to, but given you've said that you sleep for 10 hours per day, I'd say it's quite unlikely that you have kids or a dog, for example... You can see how those would make sleeping for 10 hours highly unlikely, can't you?

Also, if you were anywhere near as eager to actually read what people here are saying as you are to preach from your high horse, you'd know that I've already said that I've never smoked anything, be it cigarettes, weed, vaping or whatever. You see, I'm quite sure your short term memory is perfectly fine, it's just that you're not here to discuss but to preach.

P.S. No capital "P" in "pot" ;) 

Edited by baxus

15 minutes ago, baxus said:

Well, if we're getting technical about it, you still haven't answered that question, have you? I mean, I'm quite sure that at Cisco there are people working in management, accounting, marketing, engineering as well as janitors, security people etc.

Also, if you were anywhere near as eager to actually read what people here are saying as you are to preach from your high horse, you'd know that I've already said that I've never smoked anything, be it cigarettes, weed, vaping or whatever. You see, I'm quite sure your short term memory is perfectly fine, it's just that you're not here to discuss but to preach.

P.S. No capital "P" in "pot" ;) 

Account Manager (B2B Sales) , analyse away. You can look up the JD online. And yeah this job definitely requires lots of sleep to function in. I’m not married or have kids but I still have a family I take care of, along with a dog. Not to mention daily gymming takes energy. 8-10 hours won’t seem so strange then. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who under the age of @Ser Scot A Ellison calls the sticky icky pot? 

He is very conservative in a way.

It just that he has been cursed with empathy a flaw conservatives do not usually possess and our influence has corrupted him.

10 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

He is very conservative in a way.

It just that he has been cursed with empathy a flaw conservatives do not usually possess and our influence has corrupted him.

Hardly… I’ve hated smoking my entire life.

Coming back to the original thread topic, the other day I was standing in a subway station when a group of young guys walked past me. One was smoking a cigarette and noticed me frown at that, what with the enclosed space and no-smoking zone. So of course he walked up to me and blew directly into my face to have a laugh about it. So... naturally I'm particularly peeved about smoking at the moment. Though I always hated the smell and so never did it myself. Also managed to annoy my mother enough to quit smoking back when I was a kid. Knocking against the window whenever she went outside, burying her pack in the garden... I really can't believe how you can destroy your health like this, for what? Just peer pressure and then addiction? It's nonsensical to me.

Granted, I may make myself unpopular as well, but... while I can see the medical use of some drugs and to use it to ease getting out, recreational drug use is also a thing I can't ever get behind. Too often I listened in to conversations of young people with no hopes and aspirations beyond getting the next high that I just find it only sad.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who under the age of @Ser Scot A Ellison calls the sticky icky pot? 

Weirdly enough it's become the trendy nomenclature among younger gen X / older millennials around here the last few years.  I think it started ironically as a sort of "ok boomer" attitude.  

Maybe in a few years it'll be "smoking dope" again.  

Edited by Larry of the Lawn

3 hours ago, LongRider said:

If Willie quits the Apocalypse will surely be upon us!    :o   

Looking at the statement put out by Mr. Dogg, he's just trying to live longer for his family. I can respect that. I don't smoke for similar reasons. And the statement makes clear that it doesn't rule out edibles.

I don't think the normal rules apply to Willie Nelson. He's like immortal. He's found the vampiric blood cure that Peter Thiel is desperately searching for.

30 minutes ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

Weirdly enough it's become the trendy nomenclature among younger gen X / older millennials around here the last few years.  I think it started ironically as a sort of "ok boomer" attitude.  

Maybe in a few years it'll be "smoking dope" again.  

Just saying, the next generation will be the end of us. 

9 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I don't think the normal rules apply to Willie Nelson. He's like immortal. He's found the vampiric blood cure that Peter Thiel is desperately searching for.

Course they don't! And why should they, right? Good thing that Willie will never share it w/ Thiel. 

Should the below go here or n the climate change thread? 

10 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Only Willie and Keith Richards know the secret to that.  :cool4: