[Spoilers] True Detective VIII - Without Ginger There is No You

Relic

When Marty announced that he had no cell service I nearly died.

When he said that I figured we were in for the Reggie LeDoux, take deux. And yeah, there must have been a phone somewhere in the house if the huge police contingent arrived around nightfall.

My twitter is having a meltdown over Cosmos, so I missed Brady's tweet.

"the true yellow king was inside all of you all along. yes you guessed it. it's your piss. we can say that because this is hbo."

I think Rust would be sad to know that, as far as we know, eventually matter will be so far apart that there will no longer be any stars and darkness will win after all. I liked the part where Rust said that they didn't catch them all, and Marty said something along the lines that they caught their guy, but they can't catch them all because that's not how the world works. So yeah, people got away with it. But most likely the cult will (or already has) slowly die down, and those party to it who got away will look back with dread... or fondness, depending on who it is I guess.

Without being funny, reading this made me think of the very first conversation Rust and Marty had in the car and Marty instantly became depressed :lmao:.... I was feeling that as I read this

I thought the ending was horrible, it seemed so rushed. The characters were great, the acting superb, but I was left thinking, really this is the killer I,be been waiting for?

Yes. As natural po-leece Brady suggested, we met him early on. He was one of a group. Time is a flat circle. Girls go missing. Powerful men do bad things. Rinse. Repeat.

That whole lawnmower man father thing totally reminded me of Seven. Along with elements of Silence of the Lambs.

Mya, yup. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Rust said something about figuring out where to go to and Marty said something about them having figured it out already. I immediately thought that Marty and Maggie had plans for the convalescence of Rust. Did I imagine this?

So, True Detective next season starts with a new story? A la American Horror Story?

It's not officially renewed but if it is, yes. There's an interview out there - ew perhaps? where NP states something to the effect of wanting to make it somewhat AHS (without actually saying that) and keeping the same actors with different stories and places. But MM won't be back.

Man, lost in all strangeness of Carcosa ranch and the whole incest thing was the Yellow King doing his English accent. Was that James Mason he was channeling? It looked like James Mason on the TV.

Man, lost in all strangeness of Carcosa ranch and the whole incest thing was the Yellow King doing his English accent. Was that James Mason he was channeling? It looked like James Mason on the TV.

It was James Mason. He affected an English accent and then an Irish accent, according to the subtitles.

It wasn't bad. The whole scene at Errol's place was superbly executed.

I liked that they didn't tie everything up in a neat bow, but I thought the last 15 minutes was a bit meh to be honest. Also the McConnaughey overacting in that final scene was cringeworthy.

I loved it. Carcosa was so fucking creepy. I'm glad Marty's children, or in-laws weren't involved in any way. Some of the theories that popped up were a case of people really over thinking things imo. I'm glad they kept it simple.

I loved the ending scene, MM line was perfect.

I loved it. Carcosa was so fucking creepy. I'm glad Marty's children, or in-laws weren't involved in any way. Some of the theories that popped up were a case of people really over thinking things imo. I'm glad they kept it simple.

I loved the ending scene, MM line was perfect.

I loved it the first time I heard it, in Alan Moore's Top 10.

Almost verbatim.

Hoping that wasn't a complete rip off...

Here it is, from Alan Moore's Top Ten:

"Existence is a great simplicity. There is black and there is white...Just look above you. Do you see? That is called the immense board of Lights. And there is the great Black. And, strewn accross it, small and surrounded and vulnerable and brave... There is the great White."

"There's so much more black. Are-are we losing?"

"No. Once there was only black. We are winning. All is right."

Archived