What is really annoying you today? v.3.0

Bluetiger

My phone has inexplicably lost the ability to play videos. #firstworldproblems

try switching it off and on again. Sometimes my phone forgets who is boss. Some time in darkness lets it see the error of its unco-operative ways.

try switching it off and on again. Sometimes my phone forgets who is boss. Some time in darkness lets it see the error of its unco-operative ways.

The ITtechnicians at my Mam's workplace offer exactly the same advice if the phones or computers are on the blink...in an emergency situation they may give the advice "take the plug out and give it a good blow, that ought to fix it."

My laptop has a dent and I do not know where and when it is from, but I do not like it. :angry:

Also, not having enough surfaces to hang up my washed laundry to dry. My whole room seems to be full of wet clothes and I still have some in the bag ... :uhoh: (The good side of this is, of course, that I have clean clothes now.)

Get a clothes horse. Otherwise your clothes will start smelling damp and you'll have to wash them again.

People who can't chew with their mouth closed - I'm talking about adults here, by the way.

I mean, seriously? It's basic manners, there's no excuse for sitting there chewing with their trap wide open. My 7 year old niece knows that!

My neighbor still refuses to put his dog in at night when it's been barking for over an hour straight. And this is midnight-one o'clock range. I decided to press the panic button on my car keys when the dog was barking. I then stopped when the dog stopped barking, and then continued on with the alarm when the dog picked back up again. After about two minutes of this, the dog stopped barking. I think my dumbshit neighbor realized that someone was annoyed with his lack of responsibility as a pet owner. Something tells me that idiots like him never learn, so I doubt this will be the last of it.

My neighbor still refuses to put his dog in at night when it's been barking for over an hour straight. And this is midnight-one o'clock range. I decided to press the panic button on my car keys when the dog was barking. I then stopped when the dog stopped barking, and then continued on with the alarm when the dog picked back up again. After about two minutes of this, the dog stopped barking. I think my dumbshit neighbor realized that someone was annoyed with his lack of responsibility as a pet owner. Something tells me that idiots like him never learn, so I doubt this will be the last of it.

This guy sounds like every arsehole with a dog.

Still having trouble with neighbours too.

Mine is the absolute opposite. Now theyre been deliberately quiet after they got caught a few weeks back. This is not good, since now we have to wait for them to pick up again before we can prove they're noisy.

Fucking human cockroaches will climb out of the woodwork soon enough though.

Let me tell you, since you asked. I'm tired today. As a consequence, I am not fit to be around other people. I'm snappy, argumentative, and just in general, an ass.

I'm praying my way through the rest of this day, and I will go home and hang with the world's greatest dog and go to bed early.

Also, I forgot my lunch. So I'm hungry on top of all of the above. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Time Warner Cable. So angry. I moved one month ago. Cancelled my internet. Returned my equipment. Paid my final bill. ONE MONTH AGO. Went to apply for a car loan after having spent a couple of months carefully examining my credit and loan options and was denied because TWC has sent my account to a collection agency without ever having sent me a bill, given me a phone call, nothing. Again, this is after I canceled my service with them one fucking month ago. Of course, I'm working with my credit union to appeal the denial and I've been told they will likely approve after a review, but still. I destroyed my credit in my early and mid 20's and have spent all the years since then trying to recover and now this fucking cable company decides that they are just going to arbitrarily send my account to a collection agency ONE MONTH after my last payment. So I'm annoyed and angry.

Oh, in case anyone cares, the amount the collection is for is $3.52. Yes, you read that right.

This guy sounds like every arsehole with a dog.

Still having trouble with neighbours too.

Mine is the absolute opposite. Now theyre been deliberately quiet after they got caught a few weeks back. This is not good, since now we have to wait for them to pick up again before we can prove they're noisy.

Fucking human cockroaches will climb out of the woodwork soon enough though.

He's an arse indeed.

Work won't increase my hours after I leave Uni and I've been there nearly 2 years and they've given lots of random hours to people who have been there a few months, fuck them. Ugh. Back to the depressing job search. :( I thought at least they'd be like a blanket for me after finishing University, but I can't do piss all with 12 hrs, especially when I factor in rail cost.

The slow disintegration of my right knee seems to have increased pace lately. Every time I get up off the floor my colleagues wince because I look so awkward. Hopefully it's a temporary setback because my regular pair of good shoes are wearing out (meaning I have to blow a wad of money on a new pair this weekend), and the stand-ins don't give enough support.

And my left shoulder appears to be joining in.

Seasonal allergies have kicked in, my voice is as hoarse as shit, and I have a date tomorrow... and I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to talk about.

Rent went up last month, got more work hours, and I don't think I sleep enough.

I've also been force-feeding myself in order to gain weight for the good part of two or three months now, to no avail.

My friends and general family think I'm too much to the left, my sister thinks I'm too much to the right, I'm stuck arguing with everyone with it comes down to politics... which I find completely depressing.

Still don't know if I want to go back to Uni this fall, nor do I know what I should major in.

I'm 22 this summer, and I still feel like I've done nothing with my life.

Automation of the workforce is on its way, and the eventual AI we'll create is out to get us. :uhoh:

Life is misery.

The slow disintegration of my right knee seems to have increased pace lately.

And my left shoulder appears to be joining in.

Jeez. I hope all of that gets better.

I can't seem to go one day without stressing about finals. They're about a month away, but I'm already getting pretty anxious. I need to make a schedule.

Every time I get up off the floor my colleagues wince because I look so awkward.

So... ummm... what exactly are you doing on the floor with your colleagues?

Actually, never mind. I think I'd rather preserve the mystery. :)

My racist colleague (RC) is out of control. I have a 3 person department. I tolerate his shit in the confines of department meetings because I need to play nice to get things I want from him, including favors for students but he said something so egregious recently that I almost went off on him. Then he went and got his ass suspended without pay for some vaguely racist stuff that he sent using school email. I'm a union rep, but I told the other guy on the union with me that I can't possibly defend him for the email stuff because of other things I've heard him say. RC is a year away from retirement and seems to be determined to burn all the bridges he can on his way out. Luckily, when he gets back from suspension, I don't think he's going to talk to me about this anyway because apparently he and his crusty math teacher friend were telling the other union rep that I'm probably a spy for the administration, which is how I got my "cushy teaching schedule". Um, what? They both teach upper grades only and I'm stuck with crazy freshmen all afternoon and I'm the one with the cushy schedule? I defended RC to my principal and other teachers all year because he actually is a good teacher even though he used to come off as grumpy, but now that he's trash talking me behind my back I'm not going to do that anymore.

Fuck the haters.

Archived