NFL Wild Card Round: Browns picked to finish last in AL Central in 2016.

Joe Pesci

This is a tragic day for football. Former 49ers coach Jim Tomsula, possibly despondent over his recent dismissal, sadly decided to end it all. At home, with family members in the house, he locked himself in a bathroom and shaved his moustache. My condolences to his family.

http://www.knbr.com/2016/01/07/jim-tomsula-shaved-his-mustache/[/http]

This is a tragic day for football. Former 49ers coach Jim Tomsula, possibly despondent over his recent dismissal, sadly decided to end it all. At home, with family members in the house, he locked himself in a bathroom and shaved his moustache. My condolences to his family.

You son of a bitch! :lol:

Between those two, I agree (Aggie class of '13, so not exactly unbiased.  Was at school to hate RG3, and was at school for Manziel's run).  RGIII has some off field stuff I'm not crazy about, but his big problems are on the field.  

As long as he's not risking other's safety, I don't give 2 shits what Manziel does off the field, and he's flashed potential on the field.  Seeing what they've done with Dez, and given Romo still has a legitimate couple years left, I'd want them to take a flier on him and hope that athletic potential develops.  

I still want another drafted QB this year.  Not necessarily a day 1 or 2 pick, but someone to compete with Manziel (or Griffin) who you think can develop.

Yeah, people tend to forget what it's like to be in your early 20's in life. You don't always make the right decisions. And as you said, as long as Manziel isn't hurting someone else, let him be as long as he does his work and prep for games.

Imagine if Joe Namath was a rookie in this era? He would have been crucified and cut before ever taking the Jets to the SB

As expected, looks like Williams will be out against the Bengals this weekend with Fitzgerald Toussiant taking over. Any Steelers fans got any insight on him? If Bengals sit in coverage with 2 high safeties, Steelers offense might have a hard time.

Yeah, people tend to forget what it's like to be in your early 20's in life. You don't always make the right decisions. And as you said, as long as Manziel isn't hurting someone else, let him be as long as he does his work and prep for games.

Imagine if Joe Namath was a rookie in this era? He would have been crucified and cut before ever taking the Jets to the SB

Well, I don't like using the 'he's young" defense, since I'm turning 25 in two months, and haven't ever done anything like Manziel.  I just think that, throwing Griffin's first year out, Manziel has shown more ability on the field.  I don't think Griffin has any real prayer of becoming an NFL QB, while Manziel did okay given his supporting cast toward the end of this year.  

Like I said, I for sure want another talent in the pipeline if you take him, and I'd rather them grab a guy like Crapernick over Manziel.  But between Manziel and RGIII, give me Manziel.

I'm already sad about the end of the Jim Tomsula era. I feel like I didn't take enough time to savor it. Just for the jokes alone. :crying:

Mock Jim Tomsula ALL you want. Dude had his contract paid off when he was fired. He made $14-million for coaching one miserable year of football. Do you know how much Costco instant mashed potatoes $14-million buys? Jim Tomsula does!

Therein lies the problem. He's made it pretty clear that he'll be more than willing to be late or completely miss team activities for the sake of partying. Just with this most recent incident, as part of the concussion protocol he was required to show up at the team facility but he never did. A quick check of TMZ showed he was in Vegas (well, "Billy" Manziel was in Vegas). And that's not even getting into how doubtful it is that he even had a concussion in the first place. Bottom line, he's not willing to put in the work. When the going gets rough, JFF will meet you at the bar.

As expected, looks like Williams will be out against the Bengals this weekend with Fitzgerald Toussiant taking over. Any Steelers fans got any insight on him? If Bengals sit in coverage with 2 high safeties, Steelers offense might have a hard time.

I'll tell ya what I know. So last year Bell gets injured in the last game and the Steelers had RB Josh Harris as his only backup (they would sign Ben Tate during the week). I say all that because Toussiant has been called a more athletic Harris. He has a better pedigree at RB and is thought to be better at pass blocking. That's all I know about him. 

You can have Kate. Rooney's the best Mara. 

Agreed.

I'll tell ya what I know. So last year Bell gets injured in the last game and the Steelers had RB Josh Harris as his only backup (they would sign Ben Tate during the week). I say all that because Toussiant has been called a more athletic Harris. He has a better pedigree at RB and is thought to be better at pass blocking. That's all I know about him. 

So not much. Interesting. I guess we'll all see.

So if the Bengals win this week, how likely are they to have Dalton back for the Patriots game?  Is that virtually certain, or more of a 50/50?

More 50/50 at this point. He still hasn't practiced or to my knowledge, gripped a football.

More 50/50 at this point. He still hasn't practiced or to my knowledge, gripped a football.

So, to followup, how stupid would it be to pick the Bengals as the AFC winner in our pre-playoff picks?  Like kinda optimistic, or really crazypants?  Should I just pick the Chiefs instead?

Reny hit most of the points but the biggest thing compared to last year is he at least knows the offense and they are high on his work ethic and football IQ. I thought he was a solid RB at Michigan, runs hard. How that translates onto the field for a playoff game, we'll see but I don't think the Steelers ran all that well against the Bengals this year anyways. He supposedly has pretty decent hands too. As for the high safeties, it may take Bryant away, but Heath Miller had 10 grabs in each game so they can still move the ball but the big play is diminished.

This game is a total toss up imo. If Roethlisberger looks like he has the last two weeks, we are in trouble. He loves throwing the deep ball to Reggie Nelson. I'm thinking there will be a pick-6 that turns this game on its head at a critical time. Hopefully, it's the Steelers.

Archived