HBO's Sharp Objects

Theda Baratheon

10 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

You made me feel sooooooo much better......lol

Hey, don't feel bad.  join my group.  I watch this show and miss probably 75% of what's going on, what with all the words popping up here and there on bodies and sides of buildings and written in dirt on cars. and now white ladies floating around in paintings??!  Sheesh.  It's more than I can take!   :D 

42 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Hey, don't feel bad.  join my group.  I watch this show and miss probably 75% of what's going on, what with all the words popping up here and there on bodies and sides of buildings and written in dirt on cars. and now white ladies floating around in paintings??!  Sheesh.  It's more than I can take!   :D 

Funny thing is I catch most of it and don't remember the paintings!

On 8/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

FOr some reason the show was able to capture it as a tender, albeit flawed moment. Compassionate and kinda beautiful but in the books all I could think was NO NO NO NO HES 18 HES NO 

I think maybe because he looks older on the show maybe? I mean I’m a terrible judge of age, but I think Taylor John Smith certainly looks older than 18 so it’s less...troubling until you are reminded by the sheriff asking if he is of age.

(just looked it up, apparently he is my age so for once my perception was correct!)

i’ve been So impressed with this series. Having seen and loved this and Gone girl, i’ll definitely be watching anything else Flynn is attached to with great interest. I see she is involved with Widows with Viola Davis (?!) due out later this year so that will be a must watch for me now

He definitely looks older in the show. Sure, you know that Camille is older than John but it honestly doesn't seem that creepy (in a taking advantage of a young person way)... right up until the sheriff asks how old he is. It's very well done actually. 

On 8/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

i’ve been So impressed with this series. Having seen and loved this and Gone girl, i’ll definitely be watching anything else Flynn is attached to with great interest. I see she is involved with Widows with Viola Davis (?!) due out later this year so that will be a must watch for me now

OH MY GOODNESS. I just cottoned on to this and watched a trailer. Steve McQueen. And Michelle Rodriguez. Colin Farrell. Plus a soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. I loved the original Widows. Such, strong standout female characters, it really stayed with me. I hope it lives up to the source material. 

Also yay for bank holiday Monday, we can watch the finale of this series any time tomorrow. But I can see myself putting it off because I don't want it to be over. :(

2 hours ago, Isis said:

OH MY GOODNESS. I just cottoned on to this and watched a trailer. Steve McQueen. And Michelle Rodriguez. Colin Farrell. Plus a soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. I loved the original Widows. Such, strong standout female characters, it really stayed with me. I hope it lives up to the source material. 

Also yay for bank holiday Monday, we can watch the finale of this series any time tomorrow. But I can see myself putting it off because I don't want it to be over. :(

I didn't even know what other names were attached to this, and don't know anything about the original, but incredibly exciting. And the trailer looks good too, I saw it in the cinemas the other day which is what made me mention it.

Hectic week at work means it will likely be wednesday before I see this so checking out of this thread for now. I mean I know what happens in the book but don't want any spoilers on how it plays out on screen, or people's reaction

Holy fucking shit.  That was so well done.

Spoiler

The final line was chilling.  The way Amma sort of half smiled and whispered "don't tell mama" was so so soooo good.  Like all of a sudden the facade is gone and you can finally see how completely broken and insane she is.

Just now, SpaceChampion said:

There's also now the question whether

Reveal hidden contents

has Amma killed again?  New friend Mae's whereabouts being unknown is worrisome.

Spoiler

They actually answer that in the mid credits scene.  She killed Mae. 

Well damn! I did not see that ending coming. 

Spoiler

The mid-credit scenes flashed by really fast. I saw them in the woods but initially missed it showing the murder in Jon’s bedroom by the clan of maniacs.

The after-show also talked about some clues early on: the roller girls saying “not the popular girls” referring to the victims, and Det. Willis saying the body was placed in the alley like a doll. What a great and fucked up way to end it. Nice job once again, HBO.

Archived