US Politics: The Motorcade of Madness

Durckad

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

If you believe 538 (and I don't think that I do) Biden is more likely to win 400+ EVs than Trump is to win 270.  And that model assumes some small regression to the mean for Trump between now and election day.  I am still daydreaming of the possibility of Biden winning 2 or more of FL, NC, OH, GA and TX on election night, and getting this whole thing wrapped up nice and neat.  Probably a fools dream, but if you don't dream big, you'll never win big.  

In more grounded news, Biden had another negative COVID test today.  Still not out of the woods from his debate exposure last Tuesday, but the odds are looking better and better that he dodged the bullet. 

Probably the 1st time in a very long time that a Presidential candidate tried to infect an opponent. It's a very Jacksonian move. Maybe they'll send diseased blankets next to the Biden campaign.

4 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

It's a very Jacksonian move. Maybe they'll send diseased blankets next to the Biden campaign.

I always knew that Sleepy Joe moniker had more sinister undertones.

24 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Literally 4 hours later.

Did one of his staffers take his phone away, or is he just delirious

Okay. I guess it is just drug-induced delirium. This is too contradictory and nonsensical even by normal Trump standards.

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Sort of.  No doubt a ton of things will happen in the next four weeks.  But the election has already started, nearly 5 million ballots recieved, and almost a million more every day.

If Trump is going to do something to turn the race around, he needs to do it soon.  Nov 1 is probably too late.

Who's gonna be the death from this group of WH peeps getting Covid?  That's the major thing that will make things go even more pear shaped than this month as a whole...

19 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm still worried Biden might have caught it at the debate.

I'm still worried too, but most people get it within seven days off exposure.  I think the percentage is like 80 or 90 percent of cases show up within that time frame, although people do develop it as much as two weeks later.  So Biden isn't totally out of the woods until a week from today, but it is already looking less likely.

16 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Barr and McConnell. Barr and McConnell. Sweet baby Jesus, make it so!

I am dangerously close to needing to go to church weekly for a year. I made some demanding challenges to the sky a few weeks ago and She is making it so. Recompense will be required. My (lack of) faith is shook.

1 hour ago, Simon Steele said:

That's not an issue with dexamethasone. It's a steroid, and it has been around a long time. It carries with it the usual side effects of steroids, but to suggest a neurological impact being related to that treatment is something I've not seen reported. 

Here ya go:

Dexamethasone can also have concerning side effects, ranging from blood clots, blurred vision, and headaches to “psychic derangements,” such as insomnia, mood swings and “frank psychotic manifestations,” according to the drug label.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/06/trump-dexamethasone/?outputType=amp

12 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

McConnell. Maybe he can spread it to Rand Paul and Daniel Cameron.

I'd take Mitch because he's the second worse politician of my lifetime. He's worse than Trump.

1 hour ago, Simon Steele said:

That's not an issue with dexamethasone. It's a steroid, and it has been around a long time. It carries with it the usual side effects of steroids, but to suggest a neurological impact being related to that treatment is something I've not seen reported. 

I don't know about dexamethasone, but Covid-19 is associated with neurological symptoms.  Just a lack of oxygen can also cause neurological symptoms, and there are many reports of Trump with low oxygen.  He was never mentally fit to be president to begin with, but he's now also not medically fit to be president.

1 hour ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

Let's not overlook the simplest explanation- Donald Trump is really fucking stupid. 

I vote this. 

Partially the drugs, probably, but mostly he's a raging moron.

1 hour ago, Week said:

I've seen the news stories, just not the regular places like Mayo Clinic reporting this. I don't have a label to look at (which the writer referenced in the WaPo piece), but I would say the risks are probably no greater than a dose of any cortisol steroid. 

Archived