The Mandalorian Season 3 - Season Two Spoilers

Relic

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

Bo-Katan and Mando trying hard not to have a fight for the Darksabre and then realising at some point they need to have a fight and then fighting?

I mentioned this in the previous thread but what's up with that anyway? Did Bo-Katan forget that Sabine handed it to her last time she got it? Is it a pride thing, like there's a "you can only take it without a fight once, twice is just embarrassing" rule in Mando society?

18 minutes ago, Poobah said:

Is it a pride thing, like there's a "you can only take it without a fight once, twice is just embarrassing" rule in Mando society?

Apparently this guy would've been a very successful Mandalorian politician:

32 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Don’t think the timeline matches up for that. Grogu should be trained and gone from Luke by the time Kylo does that I think 

Not at the rate of maturation for his species? He's 50 now and basically a toddler. He'll be a child still when Kylo goes postal.

36 minutes ago, Poobah said:

I mentioned this in the previous thread but what's up with that anyway? Did Bo-Katan forget that Sabine handed it to her last time she got it? Is it a pride thing, like there's a "you can only take it without a fight once, twice is just embarrassing" rule in Mando society?

Maybe thats how she lost it already. Somebody called her out and said you didn't win it and she had to give it up and now has to play by all the rules.

38 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Maybe thats how she lost it already. Somebody called her out and said you didn't win it and she had to give it up and now has to play by all the rules.

Seemed like most of the main clans were there when Sabine gave it Bo-Katan and unanimously endorsed her rule so that'd be pretty damn hypocritical.  Buncha Hightower assholes.

The only thing I can think of is that Din won it in battle and Sabine just found it. So when Sabine gives it to Bo-Katan that comes off as Sabine recognizing Bo is more worthy than she is. But if Mando gives it to her it could seem like Bo lost it and Din had to get it back for her, so how is she worthy of being their leader? 

3 hours ago, ithanos said:

Moff Gideon sure played Bo Katan with regards to the Darksaber, loved it. Giancarlo Espisoto can't seem to do wrong these days. Of course those of us who've followed The Clone Wars and Rebels might cry inconsistencies, but the proportion of the new fan base the show is drawing in doesn't know of all that, and what was played out works fine for me, sets up a nice divide between Bo Katan and Din. 

Gotta agree, I was hoping Boba would quietly find solace in a less destructive life, but that would be boring and Di$ney has rent owing.
It almost seems the disdain he got from Bo Katan and Koska Reeves might have swayed his direction.

And I have to hand it to Ming-Na Wen. Who hasn't had a crush on Wen since she first appeared in films back in the early 90s? Not only can she act but at 57 (57!) still smoking hot, and her Fennec Shand comes off deadly and badass - glad she didn't die the true death in Season one. 

Honestly she's amazing and if this stinger at the end with Boba means she's in his show, I'll be more inclined to check it out...

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I would have preferred Sebastián Stan as Luke over that I think. 

Hmmm...I think that the shine is off having him appear, it would be fine to transition to having another actor, such as Stan, take over for any subsequent appearances.  You know there will be some...

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

Not at the rate of maturation for his species? He's 50 now and basically a toddler. He'll be a child still when Kylo goes postal.

I thought Yoda was a Jedi Knight by 100. I think Luke should be able to bring Grogu out of his shell pretty quick. Especially considering Ahsoka mentioned Grogu is suppressing previous training. Either way there is a zero percent chance in my mind that Grogu died to Kylo. 

12 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I loved this episode but in my heart I wanted it to be Mace Windu who came for Grogu.

He would be dead.

Just finished the episode. Liked it a lot. Not sure where we're going from here, and spoiler:

Spoiler

They are some liars

The Mandalorian Season 3 could be interesting when Din catches up with the Children of the Watch and the Armorer. What will they do when they find out one of their own now 'righty' weilds the Darksaber, and how will Din deal with that.   

Have we had official confirmation that The Book of Boba Fett will be a separate series? Seems unusual for it to have been left out of the Investor Day news. I wonder if the Chapters of this book will appear in future episodes of The Mandalorian, Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic, since they're all happening around the same time.

I hope we get some Star Wars bleed over into the new What If? series. I can imagine an episode where a Krayt Dragon doesn't eat a Sarlacc and we don't get Boba Fett back and all that entails.

And what's all this hoopla with Mace Windu returning? Maybe in another What If? episode where there are snakes on this m%therf#ckin' cruiser.

17 minutes ago, ithanos said:

I hope we get some Star Wars bleed over into the new What If? series. I can imagine an episode where a Krayt Dragon doesn't eat a Sarlacc and we don't get Boba Fett back and all that entails.

This could be great. 

Clone Wars Rebels spoilers:

I'd love to see an episode depicting a world where Maul beat Obi-Wan the second time. He wonders why Obi-Wan was hiding but then figures it out and contacts Luke, 

40 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I thought Yoda was a Jedi Knight by 100. I think Luke should be able to bring Grogu out of his shell pretty quick. Especially considering Ahsoka mentioned Grogu is suppressing previous training. Either way there is a zero percent chance in my mind that Grogu died to Kylo. 

With Grogu being 50, he probably had more formal training than Luke ever did.  He might even teach Luke some things once he gets past the mental block, and might have even end up an instructor at Luke's academy. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

The only thing I can think of is that Din won it in battle and Sabine just found it. So when Sabine gives it to Bo-Katan that comes off as Sabine recognizing Bo is more worthy than she is. But if Mando gives it to her it could seem like Bo lost it and Din had to get it back for her, so how is she worthy of being their leader? 

One explanation I could kinda get behind is that Gideon defeated her to get the darksaber in the first place, so it's now incumbent upon her to reclaim it in battle. 

In that case, though, if I was Din I'd be like, "well, how bout I give it back to Gideon, you two can have your trial by combat, and oh here's this beskar spear to even the odds...And, btw Fring, you're still returning to your cell and harmonica even if you win."

15 minutes ago, ithanos said:

The Mandalorian Season 3 could be interesting when Din catches up with the Children of the Watch and the Armorer. What will they do when they find out one of their own now 'righty' weilds the Darksaber, and how will Din deal with that.

True, that does sound interesting.  But also how will they feel when they find out he took off his helmet?

1 hour ago, DMC said:

One explanation I could kinda get behind is that Gideon defeated her to get the darksaber in the first place, so it's now incumbent upon her to reclaim it in battle. 

That's one way to resolve this issue. I also wondered whether it is possible that due to the Mandalorian's having been thinned out so much she desperately needs the Children of the Watch and we know that they are an inflexible bunch of extremists. Given that we already got that "never remove your helmet" nonsense thanks to them, I think if there is one group that insists on earning the darksaber through combat, it is them.

Edit: Also this show really managed to make me want to spend the whole day playing Thrawn's Revenge continue reading Hand of Thrawn. Damn it, Grand Master Luke ftw!

Plot twist, we find out that there are tons of Mandalorians out there, but they don't care about the planet or the dark saber. As far as they're concerned Bo-Katan's group are just as much crazy extremists as the children of the watch that's why she's only got like three people at most.

Archived