WandaVision (spoilers)

RumHam

3 hours ago, .H. said:

Yeah, although there is also a chance that she is complicit in it too to some degree.  She seems to be at at least partly "in control" of it, possibly because she wants to have Vision "back" and/or because she wants to have a child/a child with him.  I think it might be a little of both.  Some other "power" might have put her there, or something like that, but she thinks she can "control it" enough to get what she wants from it but deny the nefarious forces what they want out of it, perhaps.

I agree.  I just think that outside parties are manipulating her into creating her heart's desire, which is a nice normal life with the Vision.  You can tell that now the thought of having children is being highly suggested by the people around her.  I don't think that is just Wanda's doing, I think these outside parties are specifically manipulating her.  The problem for Wanda is she seems very happy with being manipulated.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

They did AIM in Iron Man 3 though. I guess it could have survived Killian's demise, maybe as more of a secret evil organization than a company. 

I'm not real familiar with these characters from the comics but Nightmare was reported to be the villain of Doctor Strange 2. A lot of people are assuming he or one of his minions is the big bad of Wandavision. 

From what I remember from Iron Man 3 (which is very little) is that they kind of did a half assed AIM along with a half assed Mandarin.  I think we're going to see both the Mandarin and AIM thought out a little better this time around.

6 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I agree.  I just think that outside parties are manipulating her into creating her heart's desire, which is a nice normal life with the Vision.  You can tell that now the thought of having children is being highly suggested by the people around her.  I don't think that is just Wanda's doing, I think these outside parties are specifically manipulating her.  The problem for Wanda is she seems very happy with being manipulated.

Yeah, presumably because things are, to some degree, what she desires to be the case.  But it seems she knows (to some degree or in some sense) that "others" are intruding or interfering, but she either doesn't care or I guess thinks that maybe she can just have her cake and eat it too.  I guess the season might unfold to her realizing that is not a tenable option though.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

You know I didn't think of it until now but it's a little weird she used whatever is happening to bring her robot boyfriend back and not her dead brother. 

She's had time to properly grieve for Pietro. Also she didn't have to kill Pietro herself to try and save the universe and then have to watch the big bad bring him back to life and them kill him again making her killing of him pointless.

43 minutes ago, Denvek said:

She's had time to properly grieve for Pietro. Also she didn't have to kill Pietro herself to try and save the universe and then have to watch the big bad bring him back to life and them kill him again making her killing of him pointless.

Also the MCU version of Quicksilver was lame compared with the days of future past one so they realised it was a lost cause.

The Dick Van Dyke and Bewitched sets were identical... holy cow... and as good as they both were in those first two episodes --severely diverging from their characters-- Elizabeth Olson was particularly terrific... right down to the way she moved/walked/marched like a 50's sitcom housewife... she just crushed it. 

On 1/19/2021 at 2:19 PM, Frey family reunion said:

Perhaps the point is to create those children in order to make some pretty powerful supervillains they raise themselves.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Perhaps the point is to create those children in order to make some pretty powerful supervillains they raise themselves.

Kinda like they did with Peter and Wanda to begin with...

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

Also while it's not a stretch from Kitty Foreman, Debra Jo Rupp is damned delight.

They might as well have called the character Kitty Foreman.  Not that I'm complaining.

Episode 3 thankfully has more hints as to what's really going on and was about 75% sitcom and 25% sinister. 

Hopefully the show will continue to become more sinister as it progresses.

Won't say anything else as I can't be bothered starting a confusing "reply to spoiler text" thread. Will wait until more people have watched :)

4 hours ago, red snow said:

Episode 3 thankfully has more hints as to what's really going on and was about 75% sitcom and 25% sinister. 

Hopefully the show will continue to become more sinister as it progresses.

Won't say anything else as I can't be bothered starting a confusing "reply to spoiler text" thread. Will wait until more people have watched :)

Agreed.  The whole time Vision with outside while Wanda was inside with Geraldine I wanted to yell at the TV “Get in there!!!! Get in there!!!” :lol: 

Was a good way to remind us that Piotr did exist.

I just made it a spoiler topic because I know some people hated all the tags and after the first two episodes there wasn't much to spoil because we had no idea what was going on. 

That ending was a great tease. I hope we get to spend some time outside of Wanda's bubble in the next episode. 

Did I miss something, why does fake vision have quicksilver's speed powers? 

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

Agreed.  The whole time Vision with outside while Wanda was inside with Geraldine I wanted to yell at the TV “Get in there!!!! Get in there!!!” :lol: 

Was a good way to remind us that Piotr did exist.

Pietro. Piotr is Colossus.

12 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I just made it a spoiler topic because I know some people hated all the tags and after the first two episodes there wasn't much to spoil because we had no idea what was going on. 

That ending was a great tease. I hope we get to spend some time outside of Wanda's bubble in the next episode. 

Did I miss something, why does fake vision have quicksilver's speed powers? 

That (like everything else) is currently unexplained, but I suspect he has whatever powers Wanda wants/needs him to have at any given moment.

My question would be - how fake is fake Vision? Is he completely a creation of whatever it is Wanda's done to the neighbourhood, or was he originally a real person whose now trapped in the narrative like the other neighbours are.

So as a Marvel fan who's exposure to Marvel is a handful of comics (literally... like I own a couple of X-Men omnibus things and I've read like three Spiderman comics) and the 90's Xmen and Spiderman cartoons; she works for SWORD... but that's sort of good guys, right?  Like a more militant SHIELD?

And did she not know she was working for SWORD?  Or did she?  What all these villagers know and what they don't is just really confusing.  The neighbors almost seem to know... but then they don't.  And there are some visuals that almost feel straight out of Legion like the Beekeeper last week and the bizarre hedge trimming of a cinder block wall this week.

:dunno: 

Archived