US Politics: What will the InJustice League do next?

IheartIheartTesla

44 minutes ago, JGP said:

Angry white male, anyway. Thus far,

I read on Twitter that there is a large Jewish community there.   Could be white supremist or white supremist adjacent.  Someone needs to check to see if his close female relatives, girl friends or wife is OK.

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

I read on Twitter that there is a large Jewish community there.   Could be white supremist or white supremist adjacent.  Someone needs to check to see if his close female relatives, girl friends or wife is OK.

I have a lot of friends and colleagues in that area.  Several were at the parade.  They are shook, but all ok (at least the ones I knew to check on).  

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Do we know who they would be yet?

Nope. Or, if anyone is suspect it hasn't been aired publicly. 

Probability of a dead mom, or grandma, sister, gf or ex is still high.

edit: Robert Crimo, allegedly

Meanwhile, more chaos...

First, far right nut jobs briefly shut down the freeway outside of DC. (Anti-vaccine group linked to the Trucker Convoy - how are they still a thing?)

'We have literally attacked': Right-wingers briefly shut down DC-area highway on July 4th (msn.com)

Next up Maryland authorities are expressing severe doubts about the constitutionality of shutting down protests outside the homes of conservative judges, citing first amendment grounds. Wonder if the SC will attempt to directly subvert the 1st Amendment to end this annoyance?

State Leaders Raise Constitutionality Concerns After Feds Call For Stop To Protesting Outside Justices’ Maryland Homes (msn.com)

Incidents like these should sharply spike upward in both number and violence over the next few years.

I feel spooked that I had earlier said I was afraid to wish people a happy 4th of July. 

The bastard wounded at least 25 people in addition to those he killed.

I have friends who live in Evanston. Glad they weren’t in Highland Creek. An awful thing to say. :crying:

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Glad he was arrested instead of being shot 60 times. Wonder why that was.....

Christ. My 14yo asked me about that just this morning. Sometimes I just want to turf their social media but they'll just sneaky sly.

Where a police shooting when you need one?

Illinois doesn't have capital punishment so law enforcements failure to take out this murderer, ensures he will be comfortably housed and fed at state expense for the rest of his miserable years.

Probably 50-60 years more since the killer is in his early 20's.

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Christ. My 14yo asked me about that just this morning. Sometimes I just want to turf their social media but they'll just sneaky sly.

Best to just be upfront with them. They won't be kiddos forever.

1 hour ago, JGP said:

They will either figure it out for themselves or assign a different reason than you want them to. They will already understand that there is a difference. The last thing you want is to have Joe Rogan being the one to tell them why.

Oh yeah. My ex has got on me a few times. She thinks I speak to them like they're much older than they are. Maybe sometimes I do, it's hard to judge. They're tight though, and they don't lie much. Not about anything important anyway lol

Like wtf are we doing man. This world is so fucked, but our [Mom included there] girls aren't soaking it all up piecemeal because they got their lives going on. Then one or the other hears something. I don't want to make them afraid, but some stuff, they got to know what's going on. Especially if they're confused or upset by it.

Figuring out that balance between question and answer is hard some times.

3 hours ago, JGP said:

Uhm...

That looked like reports on police being shot.

Not what I was implying at all, in fact that's the exact opposite of bemoaning the bad guy not getting taken out by the police.

Is English a second language for you? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I have "English as a second language" family members myself.

I'm just trying to grasp how you interpreted what I posted to come up with the 180° opposite response?

So Liz Cheney is now making noises about running in 2024... Ofc she "hasn't decided yet." I can't see her winning a Republican primary, but I can see her getting lots of votes from independents and 'moderate' Dems in a general election.They're already lionizing her for her role in the Jan 6 committee. So hopefully she doesn't decide to run as an Independent who could at least funnel enough votes away from whoever runs for the Democrats.

34 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

So Liz Cheney is now making noises about running in 2024... Ofc she "hasn't decided yet." I can't see her winning a Republican primary, but I can see her getting lots of votes from independents and 'moderate' Dems in a general election.They're already lionizing her for her role in the Jan 6 committee. So hopefully she doesn't decide to run as an Independent who could at least funnel enough votes away from whoever runs for the Democrats.

Well, she did an interview and got asked the question, not sure I'd count that as "making noises."  Still, if she loses her primary/seat, I wouldn't be surprised if she runs - what the hell else is she gonna do?  And, particularly if Biden and Trump are the respective nominees, there should be more opportunity for a third party candidate than any time since Perot.  60 percent of respondents would consider a "moderate" candidate if it was a Biden/Trump rematch (I would not describe Cheney as "moderate," but then I don't get to make that determination).

That being said, there is just as much chance Cheney takes away votes from the Republican nominee as the Democratic nominee.  Indeed, the former would be the obvious intuition if she didn't spend the last year directly attacking Trump. 

Anyway, I'd put this squarely in the "check again later" box - she may not even lose her primary - and in general when it comes to third party candidates "taking away votes," I feel Amy Gardner's wisdom is always worthwhile to share:

4 hours ago, DMC said:

Well, she did an interview and got asked the question, not sure I'd count that as "making noises."  Still, if she loses her primary/seat, I wouldn't be surprised if she runs - what the hell else is she gonna do?

Talking head on the media circuit, writing a book about principled conservative leadership or something. Or a combination of both. Then taking aim at the Senate or the governorship as stepping stone towards a GE run. I don't think third party run is the way to go, at least that's not where I'd waste my higher profile on. I mean, if I were her, entering the GOP primary would look more appealing to me once Trump is indicted/convicted. Better chance of kicking bootlicking Senators from Texas and elsewhere.

Archived