US Politics: What will the InJustice League do next?

IheartIheartTesla

Regards the Trumpy self pardon, no worries whether it comes into play. Garland does not possess the KahunaZ to prosecute the former dictator.

The man will literally do a seal dance to protect Trump. He sees protecting him as his most important mission.

ETA: What the country needed was a Ramsey Clark, what Biden gave us was a seal named Merrick

Former Deputy Press Sec Sarah Matthews has been subpoenaed for one of the hearings, not sure it'll be the next one. She's recently expressed support for 'Hutchinson on twitter.

Pat Cipollone will testify before the committee on Friday... in a "transcribed interview." Behind closed doors but taped.

I agree that Garland won't indict him, OR he'll do it so late that it won't matter when the Republicans get in charge.

However, the Georgia investigation might yield some results, it's led by Republicans.

Today I had some of my students come up to me after class who were very concerned about the human rights situation in the US and wanted to talk about it. I explained a bit about what the supreme court is and how it functioned as well as the anti-abortion lobby in the US. They were pretty shocked that in the modern era there were millions of people still against abortion, and were very unimpressed with the US system, confidently stating that a Chinese court would never take away their rights like that (all three of the students being young women). That's certainly something I'll remember, I'm normally not self concious being an American abroad but I really felt it today, along with the surrealness of being pitied by Chinese for my country's poor human rights record. 

2 hours ago, Darzin said:

Today I had some of my students come up to me after class who were very concerned about the human rights situation in the US and wanted to talk about it. I explained a bit about what the supreme court is and how it functioned as well as the anti-abortion lobby in the US. They were pretty shocked that in the modern era there were millions of people still against abortion, and were very unimpressed with the US system, confidently stating that a Chinese court would never take away their rights like that (all three of the students being young women). That's certainly something I'll remember, I'm normally not self concious being an American abroad but I really felt it today, along with the surrealness of being pitied by Chinese for my country's poor human rights record. 

The evils of one country don't lessen the evils of another. I think you know well enough that your students spoke out of ignorance.

The Chinese will get there, in the not distant future, denying abortions.  They are already going to PAY women to have babies -- as long as they are married, to men.

9 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Why exactly are Georgians blowing up boulders?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/07/georgia-guidestones-blown-up-explosion/

.... The enigma of the Guidestones, located in Elberton, a city roughly 110 miles east of Atlanta that calls itself “the Granite Capital of the World,” can be traced to the late 1970s. Around that time, a man identified as R.C. Christian commissioned the project on behalf of a group of out-of-state Americans who wanted to remain anonymous, according to the Elberton Granite Association, a trade group. People who knew Christian’s real identity took an oath of secrecy that has not been broken.

The Guidestones’ funders wanted to make “a moralistic appeal” to humanity, according to the trade group, and etched 10 guiding principles onto the stones. The multilingual manual for humanity has been a popular spot for visitors over the past four decades.

The instructions, repeated in eight languages on the four upright slabs, are largely uncontroversial. They urge humanity to protect nature and care for fellow citizens. But two entries raised eyebrows: They called for the world’s population to be capped at 500 million and encouraged reproduction to improve “fitness and diversity.” (There were some 4 billion humans alive in the late 1970s.)

Right-wing conspiracy theorists such as Infowars founder Alex Jones have seized on the edicts as proof of a nefarious globalist scheme. In a 2008 documentary, he pointed to the granite slabs as evidence that global elites were plotting to enslave most of the world. During the coronavirus pandemic, misinformation circulated that linked the emergence of the virus to the Guidestones.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who has spread and supported unfounded conspiracy theories, told Jones in an interview Wednesday that the monument represented a future of “population control” as envisioned by the “hard left.”

“There is a war of good and evil going on, and people are done with globalism,” she said, adding that she would wait for the results of the investigation. ....

4 hours ago, Darzin said:

Forgive me if I am coming across as patronizing...

But calm down. That was a case of the pot shaming the kettle for being black.

The Chinese are in absolutely no position to be talking about human rights violations. In fact, as bad things have been in America, things have never been as bad as they have or had been in China.

China has a very ugly, very bloody history. Human rights violations there are like apple pie.

There's also an ad by a black Arizona (I think) Republican where he explains why people need ARs with 30 consecutive rounds firing capability: because of Democrats in KKK hoods. They're coming after you, I guess...

On 7/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, ThinkerX said:

Meanwhile, more chaos...

First, far right nut jobs briefly shut down the freeway outside of DC. (Anti-vaccine group linked to the Trucker Convoy - how are they still a thing?)

'We have literally attacked': Right-wingers briefly shut down DC-area highway on July 4th (msn.com)

Next up Maryland authorities are expressing severe doubts about the constitutionality of shutting down protests outside the homes of conservative judges, citing first amendment grounds. Wonder if the SC will attempt to directly subvert the 1st Amendment to end this annoyance?

State Leaders Raise Constitutionality Concerns After Feds Call For Stop To Protesting Outside Justices’ Maryland Homes (msn.com)

Incidents like these should sharply spike upward in both number and violence over the next few years.

It really is a sad separation of powers that the Supreme Court could/might decide if protesting outside of their homes is constitutional. They had a historic run of subverting individual freedoms the last several weeks. I'm surprised Maryland feels any confidence in using the first amendment in this situation, as the court would undoubtedly side with themselves if it comes to that. 

They'll likely use the case of the man who "attempted to kill Brett Kavanaugh"--which isn't quite true. He had a plan, he went to do it, and he broke down and turned himself in instead of going through with it. They are treating this like the police found him and stopped him, thus he must be maximally punished, and this will be evidence used to support their decision about not being protested.

Archived