U.S. Politics - Oh no! Here we Don McGahn. Recuse or pack.

Lykos

32 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I know I'm a long way from the audience that you're talking to, but at this point I can't even understand 1/5 of the shit you're shoveling so you might want to consider your approach Mcbigski.

I'm just pointing out that critical thinking is a better tool for understanding reality than blindly accepting the corporate owned media line.

12 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm just pointing out that critical thinking is a better tool for understanding reality than blindly accepting the corporate owned media line.

Sorry, but your incoherent conspiratorial ramblings don't count as critical thinking.

7 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm not the one saying fit in and believe me and the mass media narrative.  I'm the one saying think for yourself.

It's very difficult for anyone to grasp what the fuck you're saying.  For the record.

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

As a Jew, I'm not. Let's call this a Tuesday in our lives.

Keeping on five letter K names entering the fray, and no, not Kikes, Kyrie, step on down:

Thankfully that...doco(?)... is not on Prime here. It possibly would not pass our hate speech laws as content permissible for broadcasting / streaming.

7 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I'm not the one saying fit in and believe me and the mass media narrative.  I'm the one saying think for yourself.

For the record. 

We recall your dalliances with ivermectin and election denialism (look out for those big dumps!) You've been slurping an off-brand Koo-aid colored with lead paint chips while calling it champagne. 

54 minutes ago, Week said:

We recall your dalliances with ivermectin and election denialism (look out for those big dumps!) You've been slurping an off-brand Koo-aid colored with lead paint chips while calling it champagne. 

Which makes me sad.  @mcbigski you aren’t ignorant despite your repeated efforts to pretend you are. 

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Which makes me sad.  @mcbigski you aren’t ignorant despite your repeated efforts to pretend you are. 

Ignorance is circumstantial right? I might be a brilliant medical doctor and yet be pig ignorant about many branches of knowledge that have nothing to do with medicine. In fact name a person who is not pig ignorant about something. We can't all know a lot about everything.

The scary thing is, intelligent people can be very ignorant about a topic, but yet sound sufficiently convincing that they are able to mis-lead people of lower intelligence who are also very ignorant about  the topic. Hence the existence of an audience for anti-vax, climate change denial, trickle down economics and snake oil.

23 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Believe people when they tell you who they are. Don't hold on to what you think they are or what they were.

People all over the political spectrum love going on about how the Founders (barf) would be turning over in their graves to see the modern political landscape.  Complaints about norms being violated and the Constitution disregarded, process becoming a tool rather than the rule, the Bill of Rights deteriorating over time, the power balance between the states and the Federal Guvmint.

But if we're being honest they'd probably just be ranting about the Papist and Jesuit conspiracy to take over the Supreme Court.  

Eta: like for he federalists and antifederalists alike, when Biden got elected the trending word on Twitter would be "popery"

For Senate races, gerrymandering is irrelevant since the whole state votes on the candidates. Not sure if that was what you were asking though.

For House races, you could guesstimate from how the generic ballot is doing in that particular state, and layer over what the gerrymandering is in the state and get some sense of who what the breakdown in that state would be in the aggregate. However, polling those House races directly may be less noisy.

39 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Why? Don't trust the eyewitness testimony from police officers who witnessed the crime? So much for backing the blue, eh?

Rigged police if conservatives don't get their way.

It really is amazing that they were able to call liberals snowflakes and so many people bought into the idea when in fact they're the softest, wimpiest people on the planet, hence why they need 25 guns to protect them from Casper the friendly ghost...

54 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Eta: like for he federalists and antifederalists alike, when Biden got elected the trending word on Twitter would be "popery"

Some of that went on with JFK and although not the first Catholic to run for president, he was the first Catholic to be elected. I wouldn’t be surprised if some folks played the anti-catholic card against Biden. 

Here is an article about JFK.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/about-jfk/jfk-in-history/john-f-kennedy-and-religion

Archived