Arya, the Darkheart

11 hours ago, Wolf's Bane said:

So Arya is Darkheart.  What does that make Rickon and Sansa?  Rickon will be the Wildheart.  Sansa isn't a Sweetheart so she must be Broken Heart. 

Bran will be the heart of winter.  He will be the antagonists  in the last book, the final Boss whose defeat will bring back the light.

10 hours ago, James West said:

Bran will be the heart of winter.  He will be the antagonists  in the last book, the final Boss whose defeat will bring back the light.

That's going to make a spectacular finale when the hero -who Dany? Maybe Euron? doesn't matter... kicks down the door to the cave, rushes in and stabs the hell out of the 13 year old boy stuck inside the roots of a tree. Maybe that's what Aemon was going on about when he was telling Jon to 'kill the boy'.

4 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Fine as long as she has been punished for the two murders. Ten years imprisonment for each. 

At her age?  I don't know any (civilized) country that imprisons 12-year-olds for that long.  In the US she might be held until 21.  Considering the circumstances, I doubt it would be anywhere that long.  Insurance Guy is mostly the fault of the FM, and Dareon, considering his abandonment of Sam and the others, followed by his arrogant and hedonistic attitude about it, is hardly an especially sympathetic victim.  Five years max, if that.

Edited by Nevets

Arya Stark could have gone unpunished for all of those crimes as long as House Stark was in power and the killings happened in the north.  Arya Stark of the past enjoyed the same protection given to Ramsay.  Bravos has its own laws and Arya is not covered.  The Starks have also lost their power.  Arya will get punished if she gets caught now.  She will get immunity if she gets caught later when the Starks are back in Winterfell and masters of the north again.  Madness is not  enough reason to give her immunity from the gallows.  The only thing that will matter is when she gets caught and which clan is in power.  

2 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Madness is not  enough reason to give her immunity from the gallows.

Firstly, she is not mad. Secondly, she is a child who was manipulated into doing the murders. Thirdly, if Arya was actually 'mad' as in insane, it would certainly give her immunity from the death sentence because she wouldn't be found guilty of murder in the first place.

Edited by Craving Peaches

9 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Arya Stark could have gone unpunished for all of those crimes as long as House Stark was in power and the killings happened in the north.  Arya Stark of the past enjoyed the same protection given to Ramsay.  Bravos has its own laws and Arya is not covered.  The Starks have also lost their power.  Arya will get punished if she gets caught now.  She will get immunity if she gets caught later when the Starks are back in Winterfell and masters of the north again.  Madness is not  enough reason to give her immunity from the gallows.  The only thing that will matter is when she gets caught and which clan is in power.  

True but she also likely would not have committed any of these crimes if House Stark held their power. 

We can hardly compare her to Ramsay. 

I think Arya is covered by the law in Braavos for killing the insurance salesman. 

Not Dareon for sure but I don't think Westeros or Braavos are likely to care much about who killed him. The FM might because it wasn't a sanctioned kill or whatever. I don't think anyone else will be punishing her anytime soon. I don't think she will get caught either. Not if she learns the ways of the FM right? 

She isn't insane or mad  either, that's been discussed pretty much to death up thread but she isn't. Not by any true definition of the word. 

She's experienced some pretty rough things for a girl of her age long before she did anything wrong. These things traumatized her, she did what she thought she had to, to survive. It breaks my heart to think of a child her age having been through what she has. 

At any rate, I don't think it will matter much because I don't think she will get caught. By the time she may be in a position to get caught she will be too good to get caught. Not that I think she is going on some murderous rampage but I would imagine there will be some lines crossed off her kill list. 

I find her sympathetic because she is so young & so many traumas have been inflicted upon her by adults. 

I think it would be a good story if she wiped out some people & got some of the revenge House Stark deserves but would never really wish that upon a child irl. I love Arya the way we come to love some characters & don't want that hatred in her soul. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

True but she also likely would not have committed any of these crimes if House Stark held their power. 

We can hardly compare her to Ramsay. 

I think Arya is covered by the law in Braavos for killing the insurance salesman. 

Not Dareon for sure but I don't think Westeros or Braavos are likely to care much about who killed him. The FM might because it wasn't a sanctioned kill or whatever. I don't think anyone else will be punishing her anytime soon. I don't think she will get caught either. Not if she learns the ways of the FM right? 

She isn't insane or mad  either, that's been discussed pretty much to death up thread but she isn't. Not by any true definition of the word. 

She's experienced some pretty rough things for a girl of her age long before she did anything wrong. These things traumatized her, she did what she thought she had to, to survive. It breaks my heart to think of a child her age having been through what she has. 

At any rate, I don't think it will matter much because I don't think she will get caught. By the time she may be in a position to get caught she will be too good to get caught. Not that I think she is going on some murderous rampage but I would imagine there will be some lines crossed off her kill list. 

I find her sympathetic because she is so young & so many traumas have been inflicted upon her by adults. 

I think it would be a good story if she wiped out some people & got some of the revenge House Stark deserves but would never really wish that upon a child irl. I love Arya the way we come to love some characters & don't want that hatred in her soul. 

I think it’s possible that Arya’s story ends very badly, with her becoming a professional assassin and torturer, completely detached from her work.

But, I would still pity her, if that was so.

12 hours ago, SeanF said:

I think it’s possible that Arya’s story ends very badly, with her becoming a professional assassin and torturer, completely detached from her work.

She certainly may, but I hope not. 

On 11/8/2022 at 6:28 PM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

Quinn Howard talks about Arya's dark future in this video from youtube.  Quinn was kinder to Arya than I would have been.  Please watch the video and we can discuss Arya's future. 

Arya's first murders were committed for the purpose of self-preservation.  Later murders cannot be excused nor forgiven.  The murders of Dareon and the Old Insurance man were two of the most heinous crimes committed in all of the story.  Arya, like Jon, is fickle about justice.  There was no justice for Dareon.  Dareon was a victim of injustice from the very beginning and was sent to the wall at the whim of his lord.  The supposed unethical business practices of the Old Man had not and has not been established.  Arya killed him because the crime is her key to get into the school of murderers.  Church is a better description for the House of Black & White.  Cult is much better.  A cult of crackpots and evildoers who sacrifice people to the god of many faces. 

Catelyn is now Stoneheart.  A walking zombie without mercy or pity.  Jon will come back as the Coldheart, another zombie who will show no pity and no mercy to those who will stand between he and Arya.  Arya is Darkheart, which is a subtle difference.  Darkheart is worse.  Arya will show no mercy but dark also means evil.  Arya is insane to be sure.  But being insane does not mean she is without guilt. 

The Ghost of High Heart associates the tragic past of Summerhall to present day Arya Stark.  Wildfire was involved at Summerhall.  The woman saw an accurate vision of Arya's dark future.  Arya has a lot of blood on her hands.  She will soon be covered in many layers of blood.  Arya will commit a mass murder which will result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.  I have seen posted predictions of her methodology of choice.  I do not think Arya will employ poison.  She is too small to attack a crowd directly.  Arya will use Wildfire to commit mass murder.  It is impossible for Arya to ever be normal again.  The future for her is very, very dark.  And she will become the darkest, most evil, of the main characters. 

Arya will go full on mental and destroy a city.  I hope it's not King's Landing.  The Targaryens built that city and it is the capital of their Dynasty.  Let Oldtown or some other city perish from Arya's mad wrath.  Better yet, let Arya accidentally destroy White Harbor or Lannisport. 

On 12/25/2022 at 12:29 AM, SeanF said:

It's possible, but I seriously doubt it.  If she does go that route, I would be very surprised and even more disappointed.  So far, she's held on to her innate decency and still has a strong moral compass, if a bit wobbly.

I doubt she would make a good assassin; she cares too much about other people.  I suspect the FM have figured this out.  Her training doesn't seem intended to make her an assassin; it's more what you would give a spy or other undercover operative.  I think they want her to be an agent for them and help out as necessary.  Being from a prominent family would help with that.

On 12/25/2022 at 2:29 AM, SeanF said:

Oh it will end badly.  It needs to end badly for Arya if there is any balance at all.  

On 12/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

LOL Why 10? Is that what a life is worth? 

20 years added to her age. She gets out early enough to *gasps* reproduce.  Now certainly even those who like Arya can agree this is very fair.  Think on it.  It’s more than fair to Arya.  Dareon was young and could have lived 50 years more before Arya did evil . Arya is only getting 10 years in confinement.  

1 hour ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

20 years added to her age. She gets out early enough to *gasps* reproduce.  Now certainly even those who like Arya can agree this is very fair.  Think on it.  It’s more than fair to Arya.  Dareon was young and could have lived 50 years more before Arya did evil . Arya is only getting 10 years in confinement.  

I'm not sure why we care if she is out in time to reproduce? I wouldn't agree to one year in confinement after hearing the details of her crimes, unless it was a mental rehabilitation facility. 

I'm still confused though, if we are adding 20 years to her age how is she only 10 years in confinement? 

52 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I'm not sure why we care if she is out in time to reproduce? I wouldn't agree to one year in confinement after hearing the details of her crimes, unless it was a mental rehabilitation facility. 

I'm still confused though, if we are adding 20 years to her age how is she only 10 years in confinement? 

My attempt at following the ‘logic’ is that it’s 10 years for insurance man and 10 for Dareon? I’m only trying here because I’m bored btw. “Treason” on Netflix is not all that’s it’s cracked up to be. :D

Had to edit to correct the name of the boring show

Edited by kissdbyfire