Twitter Twee: all your tweets are belong to chud

JGP

5 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Did you read the edited post?

The strategy is to take SpaceX, Neural Link, etc  public and hype them into trillion dollar valuations.

I don't know. I'd have to look see what nat and infosec heads would have to say about that. Maybe nothing. Probably? Hell if I know.

7 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Eta: Twitters value alone is irrelevant, its to be the vehicle to drive value for  his other entities.

Right. So, when are those going public? And of course he puffs on Twitter, he's been doing for ages. I mean, didn't he lie about having secured Gov contracts and got a massive uptick in stock price? Then the uptick in investment spoke to some kind of confidence so the Gov [wasn't it Obama's?] opened up the spigot to Tesla. And SpaceX. 

It's possible Musk thinks he needs the fat cats now so here's his push, but I don't know. He's too vain, insecure, and gullible. 

I'll stop with the not drinking long enough to raise a glass if Musk turns out to be a brick lol

22 minutes ago, JGP said:

This is the part of Lost in Space where @Wade1865 sits up and looks around quizzically.

JGP -- of course! If I recall correctly, there was an emphatically confident claim that the platform would collapse within six months; two, if the God Emperor had been allowed back on, which he was. More controversial (granted, not part of the claim, though it would surely have supported it) was the restoration of quite a few other banned accounts. And now that we're fast approaching the two month point -- has Twitter collapsed yet? Is it at least about to collapse?

Would you like an extension :leer:

Yeah, I was wrong about Trump. You were also right about him not posting and it being irrelevant anyway. 

Six months though, ways yet to go on that.

I don't care if you're right about some things, Wade, so long as they're nothing that matters. :p

Yeesh that Fauci comment is really off the deep end.  It's quite pathetic how not just Musk, but others like Maher and Andrew Sullivan respond to leftist attacks.  The latter two aren't nearly as bad as Musk, tbc, but it's sad that their fragile egos lead them to believe things they used to think were crazy.

OTOH I quite appreciated twitter this afternoon/evening with the Deebo injury.  A reporter had the news that the Niners don't think it will be serious on twitter considerably before even Erin Andrews on the live broadcast.  Of course, I didn't have to click on twitter at all to find that out, just googled "Deebo Samuel," scrolled down to the twitter section, and kept hitting refresh.

11 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Musk got booked for 10 minutes straight by an entire stadium at a Dave Chappelle show last night and has been getting roasted on Twitter for it all morning.  

“It sounds like some of them people you fired are in the audience.”

-- Dave

12 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I pared that down, the first paste had too many side stories.

The edited excerpt shows how he can get value by skirting SEC guidelines. 

It also explains his sudden conversion to the Trumpanistas… a new Trump Administration can (attempt) to shield him from the SEC…

Despite some comments upthread, it is ridiculously easy to use Twitter without seeing any ads.

On my PC, I run uBlock Origin*, and I do not see a single ad when looking at twitter in Chrome.

On my tablet and phone, I do not use any adblockers. Yet I still manage to completely avoid ads on the Android Twitter app.

This has been the case for the past few years, when one day I got so pissed off at the fact that every third tweet on my feed was 'sponsored', I spent a few minutes angrily blocking the accounts of every sponsored tweet. Then, when I refreshed my feed, I was amazed to see that all the ads were gone.

Every three or four weeks, I might have to block two or three sponsored tweets that pop up. And that seems enough to keep me blacklisted by their advert targeting bots, or whatever the fuck they use.

That's all it takes to use twitter without benefiting that musky cunt.

* The day advertising companies guarantee to stop infecting peoples PCs with malware via their advertisements, is the day I disable my uBlock.

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Despite some comments upthread, it is ridiculously easy to use Twitter without seeing any ads.

On my PC, I run uBlock Origin*, and I do not see a single ad when looking at twitter in Chrome.

On my tablet and phone, I do not use any adblockers. Yet I still manage to completely avoid ads on the Android Twitter app.

This has been the case for the past few years, when one day I got so pissed off at the fact that every third tweet on my feed was 'sponsored', I spent a few minutes angrily blocking the accounts of every sponsored tweet. Then, when I refreshed my feed, I was amazed to see that all the ads were gone.

Every three or four weeks, I might have to block two or three sponsored tweets that pop up. And that seems enough to keep me blacklisted by their advert targeting bots, or whatever the fuck they use.

* The day advertising companies guarantee to stop infecting peoples PCs with malware via their advertisements, is the day I disable my uBlock.

One thing that was a big game changer for me was simply going back to reading Twitter from 'Latest Tweets' point of view. Being in 'Home' is such a curated experience it's quite frankly bizarre the things that are served up to you, most of the ads and promoted tweets and just garbage you would have zero interest in. 

It reminds me of 2022 experience of using Facebook, which is basically only ads and promoted posts and nothing from anyone you actually know.

I use Tweetdeck, which doesn't have ads and is easier for viewing as well (I find) on a PC.

For anyone wanting to switch to Mastodon, there is a very useful url Movetodon which allows you to automatically transfer any followers from twitter - pretty neat, though it seems only 10% of the people I follow have a Mastodon account currently. I'm still not sure what I will use (if either) in future, just waiting to see how it all evolves in the long run.

20 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

This really isn't accurate at all. It's definitely a way to make sure he doesn't make money serving ads to you specifically, but your viewing data, profile behavior and types of posts you view, like and retweet are all valuable too. Hell, if nothing else seeing the kind of person who does this sort of thing to block ads is useful to them to weed out the less desirable users and ensure that ads don't go after people like you as much, making the targeted ads even more useful (especially if they're based on conversion rate).

Ultimately anything that you do to view Twitter encourages twitters existence. If you are okay with that do what you need to do so you are good with it, but don't pretend that you using it doesn't help twitter.

13 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

This really isn't accurate at all. It's definitely a way to make sure he doesn't make money serving ads to you specifically, but your viewing data, profile behavior and types of posts you view, like and retweet are all valuable too. Hell, if nothing else seeing the kind of person who does this sort of thing to block ads is useful to them to weed out the less desirable users and ensure that ads don't go after people like you as much, making the targeted ads even more useful (especially if they're based on conversion rate).

Ultimately anything that you do to view Twitter encourages twitters existence. If you are okay with that do what you need to do so you are good with it, but don't pretend that you using it doesn't help twitter.

I couldn't care less about twitter having that type of data on my twitter usage habits. Not one fucking bit. 

I'm not seeing any harmful content, 'cos that shit is blocked to fuck. Musk isn't making a single cent out of me looking at their ads, and denying him that is good enough for me.

And, with regards to your final paragraph, I think I've got enough moral credit in the bank to offset looking at twitter a few times a day. 

2 hours ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Musk got booked for 10 minutes straight by an entire stadium at a Dave Chappelle show last night and has been getting roasted on Twitter for it all morning.  

he deleted the account that originally posted video of it and now tons of people are reposting it.  

Enjoy!

Archived