US Politics: Be Careful Out There

Fragile Bird

21 hours ago, DMC said:

I strongly suspect if she hadn't happened to work at Carlson's website, no one would care.  I don't know much about her, but I don't give a shit about some dumbass article she published as entertainment editor eight years ago.

Fact is she clearly is an up and coming anchor at their network, and it was really stupid to put her in such an impossible situation.

A bit more than dumbass entertainment articles but YMMV

1 hour ago, Week said:

The ratings aren't coming

His is always smaller than the other guy!  :rofl: That was in the mode of the execrable subject. :rofl:  

~~~~~~~~~~

For something better, the protests here have resulted in the arrest of Daniel Penny, the killer of Jordan Neely.  The reportage of Neely initially made him out to be a violent threat ... the protests forced deeper investigation, and it turned out not to be so, which ignited public opinion as well, forcing even the clown mayor who laffed off the very idea that Penny should have been investigated, to act.  Gee, it's almost as though white men who kill black men are allowed impunity by the system, even when the mayor is black.

Edited by Zorral

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

His is always smaller than the other guy!  :rofl: That was in the mode of the execrable subject. :rofl:  

~~~~~~~~~~

For something better, the protests here have resulted in the arrest of Daniel Penny, the killer of Jordan Neely.  The reportage of Neely initially made him out to be a violent threat ... the protests forced deeper investigation, and it turned out not to be so, which ignited public opinion as well, forcing even the clown mayor who laffed off the very idea that Penny should have been investigated, to act.  Gee, it's almost as though white men who kill black men are allowed impunity by the system, even when the mayor is black.

About fucking time.

12 hours ago, DMC said:

I mean, Biden only won "marginally" when it comes to the EC.  He won the popular vote by 4.5%, the second largest margin this century to 2008 - and considerably higher than anyone other than Obama.

I'm not sure I'd argue that even the EC win was marginal. Biden could have lost Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and still eked out a victory. Not a landslide, to be sure, but not what I'd call marginal.

1 hour ago, Week said:

A bit more than dumbass entertainment articles but YMMV

:rolleyes:  Yeah, my mileage definitely varies.  These pathetic attempts by to dig up anything objectionable is the really annoying-ass gatekeeping the left engages in.  It annoyed me when they did it with Tanden and it annoys me now.  So she disagreed with Soros on the refugee crisis while working for the Daily Caller?  I don't care.  That doesn't define one's career and certainly doesn't imply she's somehow "in the bag" for Trump. 

You do realize what she was most famous for before this was being banned by the Trump White House, right?  And had a long history of conflicts with the Trump administration throughout her tenure as CNN's WH correspondent?  Is she almost certainly quite more conservative than you or I?  Sure, but that in and of itself shouldn't impugn her character - nor should working for the Daily Caller. 

And this is rather nakedly an attack and effort purely motivated due to her association with Carlson via her employment there.  It's acting like anyone who ever worked for FNC is automatically not credible as a journalist, when the fact is they employed plenty of legitimate journalists for quite a long time - you kinda have to just to fill up the daytime hours when you have a 24-hour network.

2 minutes ago, TrackerNeil said:

I'm not sure I'd argue that even the EC win was marginal. Biden could have lost Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and still eked out a victory. Not a landslide, to be sure, but not what I'd call marginal.

Yep, meant to say that too.  The EC margin was quite comfortable.  It's just he only won a handful of states that could have been decisive by, granted, very marginal rates.

3 hours ago, Week said:

Maybe this is a beginning of the end? The ratings aren't coming so ... why platform this garbage?

Awww...he can always be crazier and say even more of the quiet part out loud. Think of all those sweet ratings from the outrage! 

1 hour ago, DMC said:

<snip>

All pretty fair points. I do, however, think there is a difference between gate-keeping by the Left based on where someone worked versus this anti-Semitic Soros (adjacent, at least) framing of the refugee "crisis". As I said, YMMV indeed.

I found this somewhat heartening. Perhaps there was a bit of a "Dean Scream" effect for the fascist cheering at the town hall. The perspective from the crowd itself was a bit different from what we saw and heard, at least more divided.

https://www.salon.com/2023/05/12/cnn-told-town-hall-audience-they-could-applaud-but-not-boo-report/

President Trump was fantastic and in his bag in the CNN town hall. Reminiscent of peak 2016 Trump, tears in my eyes.

We're so back! The ratings were great by CNN standards and any other narrative to the contrary is pure copium. 

The attacks on Collins by the far left so far are unjustified. Trump steamrolling an amateur Anchor shouldn't justify the vile attacks on her.

Hope CNN continues on the same track of regaining their credibility. There's an opportunity to be had with Fox News collapsing with sacking Tucker Carlson.

We're so back!

Sigh. Dems say that they absolutely must negotiate with terrorists despite saying over and over how they would never negotiate with terrorists.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-mccarthys-friday-debt-ceiling-meeting-postponed-white-house-says-2023-05-11/

White House officials acknowledge that they must accept some spending cuts or strict caps on future spending if they are to strike a deal, two sources said, while insisting they must preserve Biden's signature climate legislation that passed along party lines last year.

This would be a much better example of how Dems do not know how to play hardball and control the message. 

8 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

This would be a much better example of how Dems do not know how to play hardball and control the message. 

Or perhaps an old man is trying to play basketball like we're in the 70's.

It should stand out to people that more Americans don't want him to run than Trump.

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, Week said:

I do, however, think there is a difference between gate-keeping by the Left based on where someone worked versus this anti-Semitic Soros (adjacent, at least) framing of the refugee "crisis".

I dunno.  Raising the specter of Soros and "open borders" with the Syrian refugees is certainly fear-mongering, agreed.  But as an anti-semitic dogwhistle it's pretty opaque.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Or perhaps an old man is trying to play basketball like we're in the 70's.

It should stand out to people that more Americans don't want him to run than Trump.

So?

The orange gargoyle has a hardcore following. Not just people on this board, who apparently need to buy a cock, probably for lack of one. Capitalism.

The Democrat's base is decisively less enthused by Biden running.

1 hour ago, cock_merchant said:

President Trump was fantastic and in his bag in the CNN town hall. Reminiscent of peak 2016 Trump, tears in my eyes.

We're so back! The ratings were great by CNN standards and any other narrative to the contrary is pure copium. 

The attacks on Collins by the far left so far are unjustified. Trump steamrolling an amateur Anchor shouldn't justify the vile attacks on her.

Hope CNN continues on the same track of regaining their credibility. There's an opportunity to be had with Fox News collapsing with sacking Tucker Carlson.

We're so back!

You were crying from listening to political speech?