The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Board party on you when you make your first 10 million? 

Absolutely, man. I've never met anyone from the board, so it would be good to put some faces to names, etc.

Also, sad indictment of modern Britain. Fifteen years ago, it would have been "board party when you make your first million". Now you need ten? Fucking Tories.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Mary Beard again shows the world that thinking daily about Ancient and Classical Rome is a Lady Thing; also shows that, unlike so many, she is an intelligent person. :bowdown: :read: :thumbsup:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/sep/23/were-not-the-first-generation-to-wonder-how-genuine-our-leaders-are-mary-beard-on-politicians-as-performers

Yeah, she's is a bona fide legend.

18 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Also, sad indictment of modern Britain. Fifteen years ago, it would have been "board party when you make your first million". Now you need ten? Fucking Tories.

I don't want no millionaires party. I want mad shit, (basically think the wolf of wall street with the marching band and the dwarf tossing).

I can party like a millionaire for one night on my own money (Mrs BFC would kill me but I could). 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Just been working on The Vision section of our website. Fucking hell, you should see some of the stuff on our R&D roadmap. :lol:

Wait 'til we remind farmers that they own not only the earth beneath their feet, but also the sky above their heads. And we can help them exploit it.

You've heard of vertical farming. Well, what about Sky Farming?

Sky Stacks. Lazystacks. Haven't decided on the exact name yet. Imagine fields of massive spiralling green helices*, reaching up to the sky. Staggered and arranged, perhaps even automated, in such a fashion that each stack receives optimum sunlight. And the crops are completely invulnerable to every single ground-borne pest you can name.

Sound wild? You bet.

Can we do it? Absofuckinglutely.

*Or some kind of tiered, step-like structures....

Edited by Spockydog

Only Connect went in with the memes tonight - a rickroll in the music question and then having the categories in the missing vowels round as “normal men” and “innocent men”

Edited by Maltaran

I've come to the conclusion that the computer is a freaking miracle and so is the cell phone but I don't want to have too much time spent on the phone. Just because of the way my Chromebook seems, I think it's one of my main hobbies because of the fact that it makes me think we are in the future. It's beyond me why people spend time away from it. 

8 hours ago, LongRider said:

We need a "Why do idiots act this way?" thread.

World famous Sycamore Gap tree believed to have been 'deliberately felled' | ITV News Tyne Tees

:angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2: 

Revolting. 

I’m saddened after finding out that it was the tree from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. 

Looks like police may have found Tupac Shakur’s killer.

It’s hard to imagine the guy was only 25 when he was murdered in Las Vegas in 1996.

What I do remember was everyone shaking their heads and saying “a rapper, what a surprise, must have been drugs”. Then it turned out that it was likely rivalry among rappers. Honestly, the idea that musicians might get so mad at each other they murder their rivals is just as weird.

LV police are going to release more details this afternoon in a press conference. They’ve had something going on for months now, back in July they announced they raided some houses in connection with the murder.

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Honestly, the idea that musicians might get so mad at each other they murder their rivals is just as weird.

Not really. A lot of rappers from that era came up through gangs and street justice doesn't end just because the money was coming in. 

Just keeping it real, you all.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

gangs and street justice doesn't end just because the money was coming in. 

Don't forget the Notorious B.I.G Biggie Smalls!  Serious role model.

* Edited for the rong roll.  I can't believe I did that!  Well, honestly, I can.  Sigh.

Edited by Zorral

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not really. A lot of rappers from that era came up through gangs and street justice doesn't end just because the money was coming in. 

Your comment suggests some kind of street justice was served. From what I’ve read about the various murders and shootings that happened, it was all about jealousy. Tupac didn’t murder somebody’s father, no masked avenger came after him for that reason. Sad, really. Money is the root of all evil. 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Your comment suggests some kind of street justice was served. From what I’ve read about the various murders and shootings that happened, it was all about jealousy. Tupac didn’t murder somebody’s father, no masked avenger came after him for that reason. Sad, really. Money is the root of all evil. 

Well there's also pride and ego. The environment is/was toxic and when you introduce guns into that, good luck. Rockstars use to fight all the time, they just weren't always packing. 

Some fuckers broke into my mother’s shed, grabbed some boxes and ran off. 

Did they get anything of monetary value? No. 

They grabbed my mother’s dead dad’s old train set.

She kept it for sentimental value and is now devastated.

FUCKING THIEVING MOTHERFUCKERS!

On 9/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, Tywin et al. said:

They're people too! I know they made an alliance with @Myshkin and his lizard people, but they still count.

Woah buddy, this is slander! Everyone knows that people who post in the show threads are dangerous weirdos. To suggest they have any association with the Children of the Downrising is the vilest of sunstealer propaganda 

Hooookay -- finally, an answer to celebrity challenged moi as to why Taylor Smith and her new boyfriend, who is an NFL player -- and I know nothing at all about football or players, had never encountered the name of the boyfriend previouswly -- have the internet condemning them to be hung.

Fascists need to keep their base riled up. Incels and misogynists.  O my.

.... But it also, crucially, is about the growing tendency on the right to stoke resentments in the MAGA audiences, regardingly their increasingly barren dating opportunities. GOP propagandists have learned that a great way to get their mostly male audiences fired up is to indulge their grievances about women these days. Modern chicks, the gripe goes, have been spoiled by feminism, and that's why it's so damn hard for a Trump voter to get a date. 

If you're having trouble with the ladies, going MAGA only makes it worse.  :rolleyes::P:dunce::D

The right has long had a youth-recruitment problem, and this is the solution they've landed on: Appealing to incels and incel-adjacent young men, by blaming their romantic woes on liberalism, instead their own flaws and/or bad luck. There's a highbrow version of this argument that's been playing out in the recent, tedious spate of articles scolding women for not being eager enough for marriage, all of which ignore the substantive reasons people of all genders have for waiting for the right person/time to get hitched. But unloading on Swift and Kelce is a lower-brow version of the same impulse on the right, to lash out at women — especially cute young women — who won't give MAGA dudes the time of day. ....

I still don't understand it though -- they wish two attractive high achieving people hung for dating each other.  Why is this bad?

On 10/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, Zorral said:

Hooookay -- finally, an answer to celebrity challenged moi as to why Taylor Smith and her new boyfriend, who is an NFL player -- and I know nothing at all about football or players, had never encountered the name of the boyfriend previouswly -- have the internet condemning them to be hung.

Fascists need to keep their base riled up. Incels and misogynists.  O my.

I still don't understand it though -- they wish two attractive high achieving people hung for dating each other.  Why is this bad?

I understood that it was because they were both pro-vaccines, and thus the two of them dating was merely a left-wing ploy.