The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

This week has been absolutely mental. I have never experienced anything like it. Presentation is honed. Gonna crush it tomorrow. 

Ritually sacrifice a tomato just to be safe. Also play some Jenga to calm your mind. 

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Break a leg.  

Why is this a saying?

I hope you have a great day, break an eye socket. 

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

This week has been absolutely mental. I have never experienced anything like it. Presentation is honed. Gonna crush it tomorrow. 

You got this, bruh. Looking forward to vicariously enjoying your resounding success. Don't forget about your subsequent presentation to the board though.

Drama was invented in very superstitious ages.  It also emerged out of religious observances and festivals, long, long, long before JC was invented.  May as well tell sailors and soldiers to give up their traditions for averting bad luck.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Of course you shouldn't / can't post pics of small child's discovery of puppy joining the household, but -- oooooooooo, it will be so cute!

Videoed it, but it didn’t go well. Daughter was a bit freaked and not happy. Not the squeals of joy we were expecting. She warmed to the dog after 15 mins and now loves her, thankfully.

19 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Which is dumb, hence why I asked what's the point? Just tell the actors to go have fun. 

TELLING SOMEONE TO HAVE FUN AT THE MOST STRESSFUL MOMENT OF THEIR LIVES IS NOT PSYCHOLOGICALLY ASTUTE. 

WHICH IS WHY YOU LEAN INTO IT AND TELL THEM THEY WILL BE FOOTWORK AND FIREWORK IN ONE. 

THAT THEY ARE SO INTENSE THAT THEY WILL IN THE COURSE OF THEIR PERFORMANCE INJURE THEMSELVES THROUGH THEIR OWN COMMITMENT, SAID INTENSITY BEING REWARDED BY APPLAUSE AND/OR FLINGING OF UNDERGARMENTS. 

Been seriously let down by my website designer. 

She kept delaying my access to the test site. Today I found out why. It looks terrible. If I released this shit, my adventure would be over before it had begun. 

£2.5k down the pisser. I knew i should have done it myself. Grrrrrrrr! 

32 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Been seriously let down by my website designer. 

She kept delaying my access to the test site. Today I found out why. It looks terrible. If I released this shit, my adventure would be over before it had begun. 

£2.5k down the pisser. I knew i should have done it myself. Grrrrrrrr! 

Hit up @aceluby. He can give you some tips. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hit up @aceluby. He can give you some tips. 

Pretty sure I got this. Designing and building websites was part of my thang back in the day. 

Though, things seem to have moved lightyears ahead of tools like Dreamweaver. I'm messing about in Wix Studio right now, and it seems pretty cool and powerful.

Though I cant seem to stop the pages from filling the entire screen when the browser is maximised. 

43 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Pretty sure I got this. Designing and building websites was part of my thang back in the day. 

Though, things seem to have moved lightyears ahead of tools like Dreamweaver. I'm messing about in Wix Studio right now, and it seems pretty cool and powerful.

Though I cant seem to stop the pages from filling the entire screen when the browser is maximised. 

I remember trying to build a website in HS and well, I thought I had recreated the Mona Lisa in the process, but the end result was barely a stick figure. IIRC Ace has done this work professionally recently so it might not be a bad idea to get a few modern tips even if you have experience doing it. 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

IIRC Ace has done this work professionally recently so it might not be a bad idea to get a few modern tips even if you have experience doing it. 

Sure, but two things: 

1. I don't want to hassle anyone. My entire approach to this endeavour is to pay for the stuff I need that I can't do myself. I've already paid £2.5k for a website and got nothing for it. So I'm not going to pay any more for something I'm pretty sure I can do myself.

2. I'm pretty fucking good at this kind of thing. I used to build entire web portals for massive companies. The only reason I paid someone to build my site was to save me the hassle. Now, I'm setting aside two weeks to build myself an awesome website. This afternoon I've spent a couple of hours knocking up a rough site based on a pretty cool template. It already looks miles better than what I paid for. I'm happy. :D

Edited by Spockydog