The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

She'd laugh about it. 

She certainly wasn't laughing about it in the days leading up to her appearance, and considering how long it took her to come out as a T woman on the board [never cared enough to do so; that changed] I also doubt she'd laugh about everyone knowing she might currently be in jail or sectioned. 

Come on, man.

Finally, plumber arrived, after days and days. Finally, movement on the leaks and drips has begun! 

The temperatures have fallen, and the air is being cleaned to a degree by thunderstorms.

I have dinner all ready to go: lamb, cinnamon, olives, raisins, olives, almonds, spinach, eggplant, red peppers and couscous. Stovetop, under lids, so won't heat up the apt.  Some very cold wine.

This wretched week has closed on the wretched business of the school and its A/C system.

Whew!  I am starting to feel some of that 'letting go.'  Thunder on, thunder on.

Edited by Zorral

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'd love to see a leader board of the posters with most people ignoring them. I know the mods would never share, but theoretically @Rancould it be done? 

Yes, it could.

No, I won't.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

Yes, it could.

No, I won't.

Are we able to see the number of people ignoring us?

Also I've got @Mlle. Zabzie as the leader if you give me +50,000 odds. It's worth the flier. A $2 bill well spent. 

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think you underestimate the people who mostly post in the show threads. 

I will offer some trivia, since it is non-identifying:

By my count, maybe only four or five of the people in the top 30 most ignored post substantially outside of the book or show threads.

Only 254 members of the forum have five or more people ignoring them.

The most ignored person has over 30 people ignoring them.

30 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Those mad motherfuckers don't count. im talking about the cool kids in gen chat and entertainemnt. 

They're people too! I know they made an alliance with @Myshkin and his lizard people, but they still count.

Jokes aside, I had to stop reading one of those spaces after seeing a thread claiming Varys is Joffrey's secret mother. I'm here for absurd humor, but even for me that was a bridge too far. 

18 minutes ago, Ran said:

By my count, maybe only four or five of the people in the top 30 most ignored post substantially outside of the book or show threads.

Any mods high up? 

30 is low, In my head it was hundreds. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Called it! 

Also, BFC, if I had to guess I'd wager not that many people have me on ignore. I only know of one and it was because of a needlessly confrontational dispute in the NBA thread over really nothing. Which is a bummer because I otherwise liked interacting with said poster, but oh well.

I think most people just scroll past arguments I'm having with Kal (not actually that often) and DMC (okay frequently) in the US politics thread. But outside of those interactions I don't really get into it with anyone in any other threads. 

Also, Ran, are you able to see old/inactive accounts? Because as much as I appreciated @NestorMakhnosLovechild, he's got to be high on the power rankings even if he hasn't made a post in  over half a decade. I miss his combative ass. 

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Any mods high up? 

Nope.  Not entirely fair, the main mods can't actually be put on ignore because that would make it hard for us to communicate with people about issues.

@Tywin et al.

I can see everyone, but can't say anything about specific accounts, it's not appropriate.

Edited by Ran

Ignoring mods doesn't work. You have to get on the ignore list of moderators.

You really ought to know this copper. Crime and law enforcement works similarly in that respect. Ignoring the cops, while you rob the bank is not nearly as beneficial as coppers ignoring you, while you rob a bank. :D