The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

Holy shit. Just been told by a City IP valuation expert that, due to my invention's wide variety of configuration and deployment possibilities (including the ability to grow multiple varieties of outdoor food crops where the plant spends its entire life raised from the ground, eliminating the risk of attack by ground borne pests such as slugs, snails, and rodents), that I may have a 'unicorn' on my hands.

I had to look up what he meant after the call. I nearly fell off my chair. 

One of the claims we have been granted on our patent is the exclusive sale of grow tents with a bundled rig. We're now taking steps to add the same claim covering the sale of outdoor greenhouses. The grow tent market is projected to be worth £1.3bn by 2031. The global greenhouse market will be worth around £53bn by then. Dude said we are uniquely placed to disrupt and grab a large slice of both markets. 

Edited by Spockydog

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Holy shit. Just been told by a City IP valuation expert that, due to my invention's wide variety of configuration and deployment possibilities (including the ability to grow multiple varieties of outdoor food crops where the plant spends its entire life raised permanently from the ground, eliminating the risk of attack by ground borne pests such as slugs, snails, and rodents), that I may have a 'unicorn' on my hands.

One of the claims we have been granted on our patent is the exclusive sale of grow tents with a bundled Lazyscrog. We're now taking steps to add the same claim covering the sale of outdoor greenhouses. The grow tent market is projected to be worth £1.3bn by 2031. The global greenhouse market will be worth around £53bn by then. Dude said we are uniquely placed to disrupt and grab a large slice of both markets. 

Grats, bro :)

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Thanks, man. I feel like I'm dreaming.

Got a long way to go. I'm just trying not to fuck it up.

The hardest thing is surely not taking the piss taking, but still big money offers to buy you out?

You want the full value, but also 'gimme the money now mother fuckers'. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

18 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The hardest thing is surely not taking the piss taking, but still big money offers to buy you out?

You want the full value, but also 'gimme the money now mother fuckers'. 

We were offered £150k by a leading global  grow tent manufacturer, for the patent outright. They were the first company we contacted once the patents were secure. 

This prompted me to get my IP's true worth properly assessed, hence today's meeting with a big city IP firm. 

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

We were offered £150k by a leading global  grow tent manufacturer, for the patent outright. They were the first company we contacted once the patents were secure. 

This prompted me to get my IP's true worth properly assessed, hence today's meeting with a big city IP firm. 

Don't accept any offer that doesn't allow you to buy a life sized statue of Bergkamp, made out of solid gold. 

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I'm going to buy the Labour Party. And then The Arsenal. 

Just remember, wash the money in small amounts through several banks as you work your way up to being a Bond villain. 

If I were you I'd start planning the layout of the underground lair. A fireplace might be nice. Or a pad for your helicopter up top, you do you.  No pet wombats though. It's out of the question! :P

23 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Holy shit. Just been told by a City IP valuation expert that, due to my invention's wide variety of configuration and deployment possibilities (including the ability to grow multiple varieties of outdoor food crops where the plant spends its entire life raised from the ground, eliminating the risk of attack by ground borne pests such as slugs, snails, and rodents), that I may have a 'unicorn' on my hands.

One of the claims we have been granted on our patent is the exclusive sale of grow tents with a bundled Lazyscrog. We're now taking steps to add the same claim covering the sale of outdoor greenhouses. The grow tent market is projected to be worth £1.3bn by 2031. The global greenhouse market will be worth around £53bn by then. Dude said we are uniquely placed to disrupt and grab a large slice of both markets. 

Holy shit indeed. I am glad my little contribution helped. All the best going forward.

And no, I am not asking for anything. Just want to be clear.

Edited by maarsen
Just want to be clear.

4 hours ago, maarsen said:

Holy shit indeed. I am glad my little contribution helped. All the best going forward.

And no, I am not asking for anything. Just want to be clear.

The mad thing is, it's a really simple invention. And considering the popularity of SCROG, I couldn't believe there was nothing on the market. 

I had the idea the moment I decided to somehow integrate SCROG with DWC - i.e. the principle of connecting all three elements (plant, screen, root base) and safely raising everything to access the DWC reservoir. It just seemed so obviously simple.

The trick was finding a way to anchor the pulley system once the rig was elevated. The answer came to me while watching a documentary of Jimmy Chin climbing up a mountain. The REDACTED device. It was a proper Eureka moment. 

Once I had that, I knew the product was a goer. It meant my rig was instantly compatible with all quality grow tents. 

But it is the ability to grow a wide range of outdoor/greenhouse food crops, in a brand new method, with the plant raised permanently off the ground, that appears to be the real game changer.

The people I talk to seem very excited by this particular innovation. 

Edited by Spockydog

6 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Don't be too generous with the details or you'll spend your newfound $$$ on defending your patents.

I already have litigation insurance for that. My lawyers helped me get a really good rate, due to my company's micro-entity status, and the fact that my invention is classed as green technology. 

Edited by Spockydog