The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

Visas are such a scam. If you don't have a European, UK, US, Auz or NZ passport, it's such a racket.

Even a simple visit visa requires a bunch of documents & you're at the mercy of an individual who can find whatever reason to deny a visa.

It's absurd that me living in the UK counts against relatives trying to visit me as immigration officers think they're just going to stay here indefinately

19 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I now have a name and I know which London Borough you live in. It will be a simple matter you track you down and seize your stash. 

On the other hand, you're still desk bound until you get that surgery. With NHS, well, over a decade of Tory management, I'd say, spocky has another decade before you've moved up enough on the waiting list to have an elective surgery performed, it's probably more a 50-50 chance of what comes first, surgery or retirement.

See spocky, don't say the Tories didn't do anything for you.

I had a massive bruise on the back of my leg. At it's worst it may have been the size of two of my hands and was a disgusting purple/yellow color. Finally it's mostly gone. Serves me right for doing something at 35 that wouldn't be that smart to do at 25. 

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I had a massive bruise on the back of my leg. At it's worst it may have been the size of two of my hands and was a disgusting purple/yellow color. Finally it's mostly gone. Serves me right for doing something at 35 that wouldn't be that smart to do at 25. 

Whhooooot for that! I'm glad you could be ever better. Whoot whoot for smarts and being a smartypants. If all people were smartymarties all the time, well, the world would go better. Take care of yourself. And by all prayers on the Lord, stay smart! We shall see it happen. 

Can anyone recommend an all-singing, all-dancing productivity app, windows-based, with cross-platform sync functionality. 

I'm currently muddling by with Outlook and Keep Notes. But with things starting to properly kick-off, I'm getting busier and busier, and I really need some sort of consolidated app so I can keep track of what the hecc I'm supposed to be doing. 

In an ideal world, I'd have an app that can track my project plan, diary, to-do lists, etc. Also, I'd like to be able to quickly schedule meetings, while noting any special preparation required for said meetings.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Spockydog

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Can anyone recommend an all-singing, all-dancing productivity app, windows-based, with cross-platform sync functionality. 

I'm currently muddling by with Outlook and Keep Notes. But with things starting to properly kick-off, I'm getting busier and busier, and I really need some sort of consolidated app so I can keep track of what the hecc I'm supposed to be doing. 

In an ideal world, I'd have an app that can track my project plan, diary, to-do lists, etc. Also, I'd like to be able to quickly schedule meetings, while noting any special preparation required for said meetings.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Maybe open a thread in the topic so more people will see your request?

I've mentioned before that after my dad died I inherited some really nice art including a Picasso, but never bothered to get any of it. Today I finally collected some and to my surprise I also got something done by Salvador Dali. 

Also finally got my dad's gold bracelet. I didn't expect it to fit (he had huge forearms), but it does perfectly. So now I have that and my grandfather's gold medallion necklace. All I need now is to get a gold Rolex and in 30 years I'll look like a proper old Jew, lol. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

37 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Oooh, which pieces did you get?

I need to get more info. My understanding is that the Picasso isn't like a true one that belongs in a museum or would go for a ton at auction. I think it's a recreation he did with another artist because it's signed by someone else too. It's still valuable though and looks dope, but didn't come with any paperwork. I'm keeping it.

The one done by Dali did have all the paperwork and is something I could probably sell for a decent amount, but it's not one of his paintings. It's a sketch that I believe was meant to be a concept for something that he would go on to paint, but it's something I've never heard of or seen. It was purchased in 1970 for what would now be around $1,300 today back then and I'm sure it's gained some value since. I'll get it appraised at some point because there's no doubt he alone did it. 

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I need to get more info. My understanding is that the Picasso isn't like a true one that belongs in a museum or would go for a ton at auction. I think it's a recreation he did with another artist because it's signed by someone else too. It's still valuable though and looks dope, but didn't come with any paperwork. I'm keeping it.

The one done by Dali did have all the paperwork and is something I could probably sell for a decent amount, but it's not one of his paintings. It's a sketch that I believe was meant to be a concept for something that he would go on to paint, but it's something I've never heard of or seen. It was purchased in 1970 for what would now be around $1,300 today back then and I'm sure it's gained some value since. I'll get it appraised at some point because there's no doubt he alone did it. 

Nice. Congrats, man.

I really like Dali. I have an expensive print of The Elephants above my desk. Hope to buy an original one day.

Edited by Spockydog

43 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Nice. Congrats, man.

I really like Dali. I have an expensive print of The Elephants above my desk. Hope to buy an original one day.

Nice. Until then I've got something cheap you might be interested in. A few years back my aunt gave me an awesome gift that is great to bust out when you have a few people over. It's an art puzzle with a bunch of cubes roughly the size of dice. Each side has a piece of six different paintings. This is the one I have, but it looks like there's a few other options:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265248453844

20 minutes ago, Raja said:

People are wild

'One incredibly foolish act... '

My God... I'd be turning myself in to the popo shortly after catching something like that myself. 

Today the University of Nebraska's women's volleyball team set a world record for attendance at a women's athletic event with over 92k spectators showing up. That's awesome!  

Edited by Tywin et al.