Ukraine: Breakthroughs… the vast majority of us hope…

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

Riiiiight

Yeah, nevermind the official report (co-authored by Polish and Russian investigators), because the folks from piss party with the remaining half of the clown twins is promoting some conspiracy theory, they regularly use for political gain.

Wikipedia link. Just scroll down, they have links to the official reports in Polish and English.

Long story short. Unsafe low visibility approach by the pilots caused this crash.

6 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Yeah, nevermind the official report (co-authored by Polish and Russian investigators), because the folks from piss party with the remaining half of the clown twins is promoting some conspiracy theory, they regularly use for political gain.

Wikipedia link. Just scroll down, they have links to the official reports in Polish and English.

Long story short. Unsafe low visibility approach by the pilots caused this crash.

Russian in charge of the Russian investigation? Putin.

Nevermind that the airport was closed due to bad weather.

Believe what you want, I guess. Might as well believe today's aircraft malfunction was totally inevitable, as well. 

43 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

But will all the high-ranking dead bodies (or soon to be dead) be enough to affect the war in the Ukraine? Given that Russia is a mafia state, after all...

The milbloggers and some Telegrammers claiming to be Wagner members are all very pissed off and saying this will spark a massive mutiny and now there is no choice but to end the war and various other statements.

I doubt that will happen, I think Putin and the Shoigu/Gerasimov faction will feel very emboldened at this moment.

Putin was attending a public concert in Kursk when the news broke. He reportedly left by aircraft afterwards.

Wagner members are now calling for the execution of Shoigu and Putin on Telegram. Some Wagner forces have reportedly already left Belarus.

US intelligence sources saying that they believe an S-300 missile was fired in the vicinity of the crash site.

The Ukrainian flag has been raised over a school building in central Robotyne, signalling the recapture of most of the town.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason to believe that anything other than pilot and/or traffic control error (almost certainly caused by Kaczynski being an arrogant, jealous dickhead) caused the Smolensk crash. Claims that it was anything else come pretty much entirely from his brother needing reasons to not believe his brother did it to himself, with a side order of it being useful to him at the time to stoke nationalism. It's a Qanon level delusion- not only was there no motive for the Russians to do it and no benefit to them from it afterwards, but believing it requires believing that the Polish investigators colluded with the Russians to cover it up, despite simultaneously quite clearly fighting between themselves about whose fault it was.  

It just didn't happen. 

There are no viable comparisons between it and today. 

2 hours ago, Relic said:

They should have learned after half the government of Poland went out the same way... 

Perhaps a closer parallel is the double assassination that kicked off Rwanda's genocide:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Juvénal_Habyarimana_and_Cyprien_Ntaryamira

We still don't know for certain who fired that missile -- either Tutsi rebels or Hutu militants who thought the two Hutu presidents were too pacifist. Assuming Putin personally greenlighted this, he's certainly rolled the dice now.

I assume whatever kompromat Prigozhin had which kept him alive until now just got nullified, either by no longer being relevant or by disabling the dead man's switch that would distribute it. 

Still awfully naive for Prig not to have been vigilant for this possibility though.

37 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I assume whatever kompromat Prigozhin had which kept him alive until now just got nullified, either by no longer being relevant or by disabling the dead man's switch that would distribute it. 

Still awfully naive for Prig not to have been vigilant for this possibility though.

It was also stupid for a lot of the leadership to be centered in one confined space.

9 hours ago, Toth said:

I mean... that's the same guy that apparently thought making an armed bum-rush to the capital would lead to the defense minister he has a feud with get replaced... Since it's the only motivation that makes at least a bit of sense for him to just fold and think he could get away with it... Him being absurdly naive/deluded of his own irreplacibility makes as much sense as anything.

The last years of international politics have taught me that we are indeed in the dumbest possible timeline and suspecting rational motivations behind utter stupidity only leads to empty conspiracy theories. Life makes more sense, even if it's baffling, if you assume that stupidity is as good a reason as any for stupid things to happen.

Prigozhin's actions are like something Benioff & Weiss would write.