US politics: Trumpenslammer

IheartIheartTesla

7 hours ago, mcbigski said:

That's exactly why I listen to Hardcore History and have a Hilton Honors card.  And you've unmasked Happy Holidays too as just another Hitlerian plot.  And don't get me started on Eric Lindros or Albert Belle.

I’m curious are you going to attempt to claim that the RICO Act is unconstitutional because “all speech is protected by the First Amendment” even speech planning a criminal enterprise like seeking to suborn and overturn Trump’s loss in the 2020 Presidential election?

The thing y’all are missing is that all of his 60+ election contests were fine…futile but fine.  The plan to object to the certification process in Congress were fine and such objections are called for in Art II and the 12th Amendment.

The problem was creating uncerifited slates of electors and whipping that crowd into a mob over 2 months with lie upon lie.  The loss of the “Independent State Legislature” doctrine removes even the fig leaf of justification.

Trump broke the law encouraged insurrection and should go to prison.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

The real question is if the trial can be done in under a year before Trump officially becomes the Republican nominee (likely to happen much sooner than that) or even before 20 Jan 2025 when he will theoretically take office as president.  Probably not. There's just no way that the appeals will be done by then. 

Any Republican president will pardon Trump.  Which means that the outcome of this trial really depends on the Democrats winning the next GE.  And if you are looking for whom to blame, blame Merrick Garland who did nothing for a year and a half until the Jan 6 committee shamed him.  History will remember him as the one of the worst AGs. 

2 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Any Republican president will pardon Trump.  Which means that the outcome of this trial really depends on the Democrats winning the next GE.  And if you are looking for whom to blame, blame Merrick Garland who did nothing for a year and a half until the Jan 6 committee shamed him.  History will remember him as the one of the worst AGs. 

Idk about that. They'll run on a certain charge being unfair, but if one gets elected it might be in their best interest to let him sit in jail. 

And I agree, Garland will not be remembered well no matter how this plays out. As I've said several times before this was not the time to put a nervous boy scout in charge of possibly the most important criminal prosecution in the modern history of the country. You always needed a knife fighter. Jack Smith is showing why he is the right man for the job.

It is amazing to me that Republicans running for the nomination have all adopted a two part strategy:

1.  Wait for someone else to take down Trump.

2.  Be there to swoop in and win the nomination. 

This is basically the exact same strategy that failed so miserably in 2016, and there's even more reason to assume it won't work now.  Again and again Pence, Scott, and DeSantis go out of their way to avoid criticizing the frontrunner!  Guess what guys?  You aren't going to win the nomination without pissing Trump off.  If you want to win, play to win.  Because right now what you're doing is not just losing, but losing without really trying, and WTF is that. 

I haven't posted one of Trump's fundraising emails in quite a while and thought someone might like to see how he's using the last indictment to raise money:

C,

With Crooked Joe’s corrupt DOJ having unlawfully INDICTED yours truly yet again, reports indicate that I could now face a combined 561 YEARS in prison from the Left’s witch hunts. 

6 LIFETIMES…  

…There’s only ONE MESSAGE someone can send by trying to throw you in jail for 6 lifetimes, and that’s FEAR. 

The fear that if you vote for the ONLY candidate who puts you FIRST, you too could be harassed, indicted, and even ARRESTED by the current Marxist regime in Washington.

Because these endless witch hunts and indictments aren’t really about me, they’re about YOU having a voice in your own country. 

I’m just standing in the Left’s way – and I always will.

Rest assured, C, if there’s ONE thing I’m willing to risk my freedom for, it’s YOUR FREEDOM. 

But while the Democrats continue to send America barreling towards tyranny, I ask that YOU peacefully stand with me during these dark times – as one UNITED Republican Party – and PROVE that we will NEVER SURRENDER the country we hold so dear.

However, if you’re struggling right now due to Crooked Joe’s policies and the sinister Swamp creatures in Washington, please just hit the back button and go about your day. In that case, I don’t want you to even think about donating! 

But if you can contribute even just $1, God knows how much our country needs patriots like YOU at this pivotal moment in history… 

Please make a contribution of any amount – truly, even just $1 – to show that our movement will NEVER SURRENDER our country to the Left’s tyranny even as Crooked Joe and his Deep State thugs try to JAIL me for 561 YEARS.

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It is amazing to me that Republicans running for the nomination have all adopted a two part strategy:

1.  Wait for someone else to take down Trump.

2.  Be there to swoop in and win the nomination. 

This is basically the exact same strategy that failed so miserably in 2016, and there's even more reason to assume it won't work now.  Again and again Pence, Scott, and DeSantis go out of their way to avoid criticizing the frontrunner!  Guess what guys?  You aren't going to win the nomination without pissing Trump off.  If you want to win, play to win.  Because right now what you're doing is not just losing, but losing without really trying, and WTF is that. 

All? What do you want Chris Christie to do or so that would anger Trump more than the things he has said lately? He just said “

The events around the White House from election night forward are a stain on our country’s history & a disgrace to the people who participated,” Christie posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “This disgrace falls the most on Donald Trump. He swore an oath to the Constitution, violated his oath & brought shame to his presidency.”

And Pence just said

“Today’s indictment serves as an important reminder: anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States."

I can understand being angry at these people for not saying these things to the media years ago, but those statements don't seem to be "going out of their way to avoid criticizing" Trump or trying to avoid making him angry. The whole Republican field is not as bad as DeSantis with his rhetoric about "weaponization of the Justice Department."

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Again and again Pence, Scott, and DeSantis go out of their way to avoid criticizing the frontrunner!  Guess what guys?  You aren't going to win the nomination without pissing Trump off.  If you want to win, play to win.  Because right now what you're doing is not just losing, but losing without really trying, and WTF is that. 

Last night on CNN there was a lot about Pence and his apparent contemporaneous note-taking. They were saying the indictment (which I have not read yet) reads in part like a diary. Pence did go to interviews and apparently cooperated. The commentators were all convinced he will be a witness against Trump at his trial.

That will be a new first, a former VP testifying against a former President. It would also explain Pence’s silence. And speaking of silent, it would also explain why Mark Meadows has all but vanished. The commentators pointed out that no one other than Trump was indicted, the former prosecutors on the panel saying Jack Smith is showing the people around Trump that he’s deadly serious and they still have time to flip.

17 minutes ago, Ormond said:

All? What do you want Chris Christie to do or so that would anger Trump more than the things he has said lately? He just said “

Chris Christie is the exception, I should have mentioned him. 

Pence could have actually stood up for himself, the truth and the country, but instead made a vague inoffensive statement that doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Trump.  He is clearly trying to avoid taking shots at Trump for...some reason. 

Only two people in that GOP primary circus are willing to go hard on the anti-Trump lane.

Christie and Hutchinson. I've said it elsewhere, in a just world that mythical majority of anti-Trump Republicans would coalesce behind one of them to send a clear message to those craven lickspittle fence sitters, who would rather attack the DOJ instead of the orange gargoyle.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk about that. They'll run on a certain charge being unfair, but if one gets elected it might be in their best interest to let him sit in jail. 

This is true in the abstract, but any non-Trump nominee is going to under enormous pressure to commit to pardoning Trump during the campaign to unite the non-MAGA wing with the MAGA body of the Republican party.  Dollars to donuts they succumb to try to win 2024. 

Even if they don't, the MAGA congresspeople will condition their co-operation on any nominees/legislative agenda on a pardon for Trump.  

And, controversial opinion, but if Trump actually wins 2024,  Biden will almost certainly pardon him anyway to spare the country a constitutional crisis. 

Pence told the truth, albeit under subpoena, to the DOJ and will be testifying against Trump.  Like, Christie is now speaking out and running in the anti-Trump lane, fine, good for him.  But between the two of them Christie has the words and Pence has the deeds.  Neither is anything other than a profile in cowardice though for enabling Trump between 2015-Dec. 2020.  No heroes to be found here. 

Asa Hutchison is the normie Republican in the race, IMHO.  

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

I haven't posted one of Trump's fundraising emails in quite a while and thought someone might like to see how he's using the last indictment to raise money:

Struggling a bit with those numbers. 561 years is apparently 6 lifetimes?

A quick google gives US life expectancy as 76 years. So six lifetimes should be 456 years. Trump's minion appears to think it is 93 years?

2 minutes ago, A wilding said:

A quick google gives US life expectancy as 76 years. So six lifetimes should be 456 years. Trump's minion appears to think it is 93 years?

minimum +10 for the rich +15 for being evil -8 for all the burgers = 93. 

38 minutes ago, A wilding said:

Trump's father died at age 93, so I guess Trump assumes that is a normal "lifetime". 

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Chris Christie is the exception, I should have mentioned him. 

Pence could have actually stood up for himself, the truth and the country, but instead made a vague inoffensive statement that doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Trump.  He is clearly trying to avoid taking shots at Trump for...some reason. 

I just don't get how Pence's statement would be "inoffensive" to Trump since it starts with "Today's indictment." He is clearly putting it in a context where anyone can plainly tell who he is referring to. If he thinks not having the name "Trump" in that sentence means he is "avoiding taking a shot at Trump", I think he's being silly. 

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I just don't get how Pence's statement would be "inoffensive" to Trump since it starts with "Today's indictment." He is clearly putting it in a context where anyone can plainly tell who he is referring to. If he thinks not having the name "Trump" in that sentence means he is "avoiding taking a shot at Trump", I think he's being silly. 

I don't want to belabor this point, but IMO Pence's statement reads like it is carefully worded to soften any criticism of Trump. 

If he wanted to actually throw down with Trump, he would say the obvious, that I saved American democracy when Trump tried to destroy it, that I am willing to stand up to "the elites" regardless of party, and that is why I should be your choice as president. 

A huge portion of the Republican electorate isn't ready to hear that message, but unless Pence can actually spread that message, his campaign is completely hopeless anyway.  

Someone wrote this somewhere else, but it made so much sense I'm c&peeing it here:

"The real problem is that social media is to society what lead is the humans. Social media is the new lead exposure."

I forget who said a long time ago already, what happened to dumpf, rudy, and a whole buncha others is they got twitter poisoned -- and the whole buncha others includes the muskXYZ.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Someone wrote this somewhere else, but it made so much sense I'm c&peeing it here:

"The real problem is that social media is to society what lead is the humans. Social media is the new lead exposure."

I forget who said a long time ago already, what happened to dumpf, rudy, and a whole buncha others is they got twitter poisoned -- and the whole buncha others includes the muskXYZ.

That's giving Lead, an incredibly useful element to humans so long as you don't ingest it, a bad wrap dontcha think?

1 minute ago, horangi said:

That's giving Lead, an incredibly useful element to humans so long as you don't ingest it, a bad wrap dontcha think?

The Romans have some words. So do parents and their children who ate lead paint, and throughout history who cooked and ate foods from utensils that include lead -- as did many glazes, which now are prohibited for such things meant to be cooked in or eaten from.  Which is why there is a concerted effort, yet again, going on to remove the lead pipes from our city's water system.

And the x marks the twit, faux noose, etc. -- these are all massively ingested every single day all day long by Them.  This includes them mouthing off about the indictment, while loudly proclaiming that they haven't read it.