US politics: Trumpenslammer

IheartIheartTesla

There are hundreds of geriatrics ahead of AOC in the party hierarchy.  Shoot, the entire Feinstein mess has to be sorted out, just for starters.  There's Polosi, who is among the very many in the House and Senate who do a lot of financial transactions, also geriatric.  The next generation below that is Schumer's -- and he's part and parcel of the mess the entire Dem party org. is in NY state.

This kind of thinking is unrealistic in the ways that noms -- not only for POTUS and SCOTUS -- operate.  What AOC pulled off was a long shot from the gitgo, and because it was so low on the totem pole nobody in the party even cared or worked hard against her -- and that was true on the thug side.  Her last campaign, however, the thugs spent millions to take her out.  Fortunately she has a serious, personal base, who not only turned out to vote, but turned out to knock on doors and do the street stuff to defeat the thug.  She hasn't got the money or base to do that for a national campaign.  At least not now.  So it's a useless speculation.

Wish DMC was here to lay this all out.  I just happen to know this stuff about AOC because this is my own voting / political bailiwick.

However, the only thing that works is for the DEMS to pull their shyte together, which means going up against the geriatrics, and not just here in this state, but everywhere.  And we see the geriatrics are not in favor of this . . . .

Edited by Zorral

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

AOC is a fucking rockstar.

I'd say she's a salsa star.  Big difference.  Including a salsa star can REALLY dance, as AOC can and does.

Also she's too young for 'rock'.  But in latin family cultures, their musics  all exist generationally together -- so she's also boogaloo, which would be her grandparents' generation.  Plus you know, all that latin rap stuff -- which also keeps rhythm and beat, just as it does down in New Orleans!

Edited by Zorral

17 minutes ago, Zorral said:

There are hundreds of geriatrics ahead of AOC in the party hierarchy.  Shoot, the entire Feinstein mess has to be sorted out, just for starters.  There's Polosi, who is among the very many in the House and Senate who do a lot of financial transactions, also geriatric.  The next generation below that is Schumer's -- and he's part and parcel of the mess the entire Dem party org. is in NY state.

This kind of thinking is unrealistic in the ways that noms -- not only for POTUS and SCOTUS -- operate.  What AOC pulled off was a long shot from the gitgo, and because it was so low on the totem pole nobody in the party even cared or worked hard against her -- and that was true on the thug side.  Her last campaign, however, the thugs spent millions to take her out.  Fortunately she has a serious, personal base, who not only turned out to vote, but turned out to knock on doors and do the street stuff to defeat the thug.  She hasn't got the money or base to do that for a national campaign.  At least not now.  So it's a useless speculation.

Wish DMC was here to lay this all out.  I just happen to know this stuff about AOC because this is my own voting / political bailiwick.

However, the only thing that works is for the DEMS to pull their shyte together, which means going up against the geriatrics, and not just here in this state, but everywhere.  And we see the geriatrics are not in favor of this . . . .

The 2028 campaign season is five years off. Plenty of time for things to change - like large numbers of 'geriatrics' relocating to the cemetery. Plenty of time for her to get endorsements from the likes of Sanders and his ideological kin. Plenty of time to get a grass roots network going in key states. 

To me, the contrast between your post and Spockydog's tells me she could upset expectations enough to give the remaining geriatrics on both sides heart palpitations. She probably won't win, but what interests me is the size of the splash she makes. 

It's silly, particularly since she has issues, and she's so rooted in the community where those issues are crucial.

She can/does do SO MUCH GOOD RIGHT WHERE SHE IS (with some stupid missteps, as nobody's perfect, and everybody has prejudices) -- and, if later, she wants to move up to taking a run for Senator -- messing around with this stuff at this point is a negative for her constituents, who are NYers -- to some point, Eastern Atlantic (PA, for instance, has a very significant latin populations, not only Puerto Ricans), not national.  Nobody in North Dakota will vote for her. Shyte, nobody -- all fascists pretty much by now -- will even vote for their own governor for POTUS nom in a primary.

We need to be realistic.  Moreover, when it comes to certain kinds of politics, latin is not at the level of African American. And she's a girl . . . .

We have to get abortion de-criminalized first, yet again.

15 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I don't think the democratic field is weak.  Whitmer and Warnock in particular seem like very promising candidates. 

Why?  What about them seem promising?  Whitmer was so weak as governor that the FBI had to fake a kidnapping to buffer her up.  And Warnock smashed it Georgia so well that it took two entirely fair elections to get him through.

10 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Say what you will...I think Biden has a pretty decent corp of social media folks working for him, and he's not afraid to lean into the process...

I'm assuming that coffee is at least cheaper than a Hunter painting.

Edited by mcbigski

7 hours ago, mcbigski said:

two entirely fair elections to get him through.

Is it ever possible for republicans to just lose?

Walker literally paid for multiple of his mistresses abortions and was on record for terrorizing his ex-wife and son.

Is it inconceivable that he lost an election?

Besides democrats could elections so easily then literally stop complaining—there’s no point democrats control everything there’s nothing you or any other true can personally do .

Focus on what you can improve in yourself for yourself, instead of howling on the unfairness of a fact of life.

7 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Is it ever possible for republicans to just lose?

Walker literally paid for multiple of his mistresses abortions and was on record for terrorizing his ex-wife and son.

Is it inconceivable that he lost an election?

Particularly in a state like Georgia which Republicans control basically everything.   All the statewide offices and both chambers of the legislature are held by Republicans.  If your conspiracy theory is that Warnock didn't really win, then why were all these powerful people so unable to stop it?

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Particularly in a state like Georgia which Republicans control basically everything.   All the statewide offices and both chambers of the legislature are held by Republicans.  If your conspiracy theory is that Warnock didn't really win, then why were all these powerful people so unable to stop it?

Oh because the Republican ESTABLISHMENT is in on the rigging. Theres a uniparty you see.

The natural logical action once one accepts these premises is to abandon electoralism and the democratic process altogether because everything was already pre-ordained.
But funnily enough they still take the elections of people they like as totally legitimate.

8 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Why?  What about them seem promising?  Whitmer was so weak as governor that the FBI had to fake a kidnapping to buffer her up.  And Warnock smashed it Georgia so well that it took two entirely fair elections to get him through.

:shocked:

Dude… you are so far gone.  I’m sorry to see it.  Is Mike Pence a liar?

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is Mike Pence a liar?

Probably not the most fruitful lines of argument, but it is good to see him show a spine from time to time.

I agree that mcbigski seems to be drinking something that is not coffee. Or if so, brewed by the Mad Hatter.

10 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I think you’re getting to a point where you’ll have to walk some of this back as ‘just joking’. At least I hope for your sake that’s true. Here, let’s talk FBI for a second. Been around about a century. In that time it has targeted countless political organizations with all kinds of campaigns of destruction, discredit, disgrace and assassination. Want to guess what all of those organizations (but one) had in common?

Here, I’ll give you some hints…almost every organized labour movement in the country, anti-war organizations (generally but particularly during Nam), civil rights organizations, anti-animal abuse organizations, ecological protest groups, muslims, homosexuals, anyone who’d read Marx at one point, etc. COINTELPRO, etc.

In fact, as Cunningham writes, not only was the political stance of the FBI’s ventures into the political decade after decade of literally overwhelmingly attacking/infiltrating/discrediting/killing/arresting left wingers, it’s one solitary right wing exception (the KKK) was allocated almost no resources, in part because police and federal officers demonstrate much higher-than-average involvement/membership in it and ones like it. It was so one sided that for over two decades the number one undercover and surveillance assignment for an FBI agent was not organized crime or foreign intel rings or w/e, it was infiltration of anti-war and civil rights groups. This is the ‘anti-conservative’ organization you’re mentioning. And as Cunningham also reports, charges and sentences the FBI pursued and achieved against the KKK, the group actually and overtly devoted to the idea that large segments of the population are sub-human and therefore do not deserve the same rights or treatment under law and should be attacked and terrorized indefinitely )as opposed to wanting to let African Americans vote, or fight for a living wage or w/e) were significantly under charged and under sentenced, the exact opposite of the pattern with the left.

But at least we can say ‘thank god for the KKK’ in that one respect, being the sole right wing group specifically targeted by the FBI in extensive federal investigations. As opposed, to as mentioned, more left wing organizations or affiliations to fit on a page. 

https://www.jstor.org/stable/40267812

Still not convinced that the FBI has a loooooong history of being ‘politically weaponized’, but almost universally against the left? Well, how about the fact that its employees are much, much more likely to be Republicans than Democrats? How does that work? I’m guessing you think that’s just the grunts, the higher-ups are different? Well you’d be right there…they’re even more partisan: of the 9 directors in the FBI’s history, 9 of them have been from one party. Clean sweep. The stuff of conspiracy theories, right? Proof of the weaponization, right? Except all of them have been Republicans. 

And this is the organization Trump and his parrots are with a straight face calling anti-Republican/conservative! It’s beyond comical, it’s basically pure satire but unintentional. Maybe the greatest example ever of  the ‘people accustomed to privilege feel targeted and attacked by any efforts towards egalitarianism’.

Edited by James Arryn

10 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Whitmer was so weak as governor that the FBI had to fake a kidnapping to buffer her up. 

This is very easily disproven by taking a look at her approval ratings before the election (spoiler alert, she did great with independents because of the way she handled the pandemic). Further, since you know so little about Michigan politics, maybe you could look up petitions that were on the ballot at the same time (another spoiler alert, look at what the overturning of Roe v Wade did to abortion laws statewide).

At the very least, use some data to back up your assertions rather than some gut feeling you have. Literally all you have posted is devoid of any such thing underpinning it.

41 minutes ago, Week said:

Cheaper than a $2bn investment from Saudi Arabia. Probably cheaper than the cost for access to stolen classified materials, pardons, and luxury vacations for SC justices.

Don't forget Ivanka getting a bunch of branding trademarks approved in China right after her dad was elected. Totally legit. 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don't forget Ivanka getting a bunch of branding trademarks approved in China right after her dad was elected. Totally legit. 

Yeah, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't think Hunter Biden is shady, but 1) just because the son is a fuckup doesn't mean the father is involved, and 2) as with everything related to the Trumps, it is so many times more severe and more brazen, was directly related to government positions, and directly involved the father.

I don't advocate whataboutism, so let's beef up our anti-corruption laws to make what Hunter did illegal. But having said that, let's make clear that no MAGA-adjacent person has any sort of moral high horse on any issue so long as they rationalize, explain away, and empower the ostentatiously corrupt regime of the malignant narcissist who held the reins of our government before Biden took over.

Edited by Phylum of Alexandria

31 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

At the very least, use some data to back up your assertions rather than some gut feeling you have. Literally all you have posted is devoid of any such thing underpinning it.

Yes, and this is so not on brand 

Trump wants Supreme Court to "intercede" in legal fightsTrump wants Supreme Court to "intercede" in legal fights

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-indictment-election-interference-08-04-23/index.html

A day after being arraigned for the third time, former President Donald Trump complained about the time and cost spent on his many legal battles and called on the Supreme Court to “intercede."

"My political opponent has hit me with a barrage of weak lawsuits, including D.A., A.G., and others, which require massive amounts of my time & money to adjudicate,” Trump complained on Truth Social. “Resources that would have gone into Ads and Rallies, will now have to be spent fighting these Radical Left Thugs in numerous courts throughout the Country. I am leading in all Polls, including against Crooked Joe, but this is not a level playing field. It is Election Interference, & the Supreme Court must intercede.”

31 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I don't advocate whataboutism

You don't even need to! Ha!

The latest hearings on this, as reported this morning, once the Dems were able to get see the thugs' evidence and their witness's testimony, explicitly states that never once did Father Biden and son Hunter do business together of any kind in that Burisima mess.  These are people who heard the sometimes multiple daily fone calls between them because this is when son Beau died and Joe needed to have constant contact with his surviving children.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hunter-biden-business-associate-testifies-no-knowledge-wrongdoing-joe-rcna97953

They just lie and lie and lie, and evidently that's something else our dearly ignorant friend drinks up in massive quantities before posting. :dunno: