US Politics: Killin' Ya Hard With Hate

Zorral

On 9/13/2023 at 10:45 AM, Zorral said:

There is no need at all to be competent to be the above, and to break everything beyond repair, while committing endless, indescribable atrocities and cruelties.  They prove it, do it, every day.

Incompetent evil bastards overturn Roe v Wade and are then left poleaxed when they can't get an abortion ban passed in Kansas. Incompetent evil bastards fail at flipping razor thin margins in both houses of congress despite an administration with a mid-40's approval rating and gas north of $3.00/gallon.

Competent evil bastards figure out a way to nuke Tehran and then get their title changed from "Mr. President" to "Dictator for Life".

Still pretty terrible, but not "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" terrible. 

41 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Incompetent evil bastards overturn Roe v Wade and are then left poleaxed when they can't get an abortion ban passed in Kansas. Incompetent evil bastards fail at flipping razor thin margins in both houses of congress despite an administration with a mid-40's approval rating and gas north of $3.00/gallon.

Competent evil bastards figure out a way to nuke Tehran and then get their title changed from "Mr. President" to "Dictator for Life".

Still pretty terrible, but not "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" terrible. 

Women who are get pregnant may not agree with that.  A lot of women who are pregnant should not be, because of serious damage to the fetus, which damages the woman, even kills her.  So they have no choice about living on the planet since they are dead.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Women who are get pregnant may not agree with that.  A lot of women who are pregnant should not be, because of serious damage to the fetus, which damages the woman, even kills her.  So they have no choice about living on the planet since they are dead.

I get it. What they've done to reproductive rights in the US is shocking; and that was long before Dobbs. I still remember a story that was published in Slate years ago about a woman with a late term placental abruption. This was a baby that she intended on taking to term and she had to choose to terminate the pregnancy. She nearly died because there were no doctors on duty who were willing to perform the procedure. Not "able". "Willing". 

I'm not excusing this stuff as being benign or trivial. I'm just saying it could be much, much worse. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Color us not surprised.

Families of Sandy Hook victims have yet to see a dime from Alex Jones
Although documents show that Jones has a net worth of $14m, he's yet to make good on his court-ordered payments

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/14/families-of-sandy-hook-victims-have-yet-to-see-a-dime-from-alex-jones/

So who's the judge who's letting this whole thing slide?  The plaintiffs' lawyers should be all over this.  

7 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Megyn Kelly has become a major grifter to try and get back into the game, is willing to say or do anything.  Sucking up to Trump is just the most extreme manifestation. 

I think she would like to moderate a presidential debate (although highly doubtful she will be invited to do so).  

I just caught the end of the show.  It sounded about like what you'd expect.  :stillsick:  

9 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

He's the founder and CEO of his own company. 

His proposal is not even wholly irrational given who he’s speaking to and trying to accomplish—which is to crush the burgeoning labor movement.

He’s class conscious and he’s he’s using that mode of analysis to promote something pretty heinous.

Ah, I’ve seen similar sentiments expressed by people on the left towards the right. Except for there’s actually more substance for people on the left or at least consider themselves on the left complaint.

Though I’m always a bit wary of such rhetoric—it can and has been a way to try to shut down meaningful discourse and necessary ostracism.

The South Carolina Republican caucus is meeting in the hotel my office abutts.  I just exchanged… loud… words with a SC State legislator with “Molon Labes” and “don’t you miss Trump” stickers all over the back of his SUV as I walked from the garage toward my office.

Complete waste of time.

Damn it I’m still angry.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

Color us unsurprised yet again:

Witness Testimony Casts Doubt on Some Biden Impeachment Allegations
As Republicans announced they were moving forward with an impeachment inquiry, fresh evidence emerged this week casting doubt on some of the key claims.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/15/us/politics/biden-impeachment.html

Yet!  But yet!  The media covers this breathlessly and relentlessly, which having ignored the productive, useful, intelligent actions and events of his administration.

There are some bad, unproductive actions, and bad judgments by his administration such as with Haiti, Cuba, and some other areas -- those, of course, nobody even bothers with.  Certainly not the fascists.

Gods, this is beyond the pale

I mean, okay, sure, they tried to justify an illegitimate takeover of the government using violence, they locked kids in cages, they repeatedly said that the vaccines didn't work which resulted in hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths - but consensual fondling of a boob in public IS JUST TOO MUCH

And at Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice - that cornerstone of American culture, art, and above all respect for each other. BEETLEJUICE! Is there nothing sacred? We know Mr. Juice would never support boob fondling of that nature.

Edited by Kalnak the Magnificent

46 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I mean, okay, sure, they tried to justify an illegitimate takeover of the government using violence, they locked kids in cages, they repeatedly said that the vaccines didn't work which resulted in hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths - but consensual fondling of a boob in public IS JUST TOO MUCH

Seriously, if Chris Hemsworth came into a theater with his shirt off, no one would bat an eye.  Well actually a ton of folks would bat an eye, but not in the same way.  Boebert has so many things to scrutinize, why make one of the few pleasures in life one of them!  For who amongst us has not had a consensual grasp of a (male or female) nipple in a dark theater.  Who shall be the first to cast a stone?

The funny thing is she was also vaping in the theater, her and her husband were being loud and annoying everyone around them and she was filming the show. Then they got thrown out. 

The "do you know who I am?" as she was getting tossed is the cherry on top. 

44 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The funny thing is she was also vaping in the theater, her and her husband were being loud and annoying everyone around them and she was filming the show. Then they got thrown out. 

The "do you know who I am?" as she was getting tossed is the cherry on top. 

That wasn’t Bobo’s husband.  She and her husband are in the process of divorcing.

That said, Kalbear is right.  That this is what pushes things over the top for Bobo is predictably “American”…

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That wasn’t Bobo’s husband.  She and her husband are in the process of divorcing.

That said, Kalbear is right.  That this is what pushes things over the top for Bobo is predictably “American”…

Family values, amirite? 

And no, this won't be the thing that ends her. She was just on the way to making more kids while watching a show about dead people. Freeeeeedumb!!!!!! 

4 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

Gods, this is beyond the pale

I'm just impressed that, along with getting herself ejected from a stage play for behaving like an ass, a sitting member of the house of representatives would be dumb enough to gleefully allow herself to get felt up in public. And she's still married to another guy; nice.