US Politics: Killin' Ya Hard With Hate

Zorral

50 minutes ago, Zorral said:

From the WaPo's latest "Deep Reads":

The article reveals too that this particular fellow was a member of the  3 Percenters, those who insist the War of Independence was a fake because only three percent of the colonists wanted independence Britain's monarchy.  Looks as though falling to one's knees before one's betters was bred in his bones.

I laughed out loud at that. A few weeks ago I decided to look up Charlaine Harris’ Aurora Teagarden series (yes, who knew that the author of the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood books wrote them) and came across a new series that takes place in an alternate universe where the US broke up after the assassination of Franklin Roosevelt and the Depression. It’s like a cross between a western and a fantasy with Russian magicians, the tzar having fled Russia after the revolution and California invites him to take over as ruler. In this world Canada takes over a chunk of the northern states, and the original 13 colonies decide to become part of England again, (partly to avoid takeover by Canada) and call themselves Britannia. All except Georgia, which joins other southern states to become the new country of Dixie.

The heroine is a mercenary gunslinger called Gunnie Rose. She lives in a combination of Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico (“Texoma”). The first book is called An Easy Death, which the mercenaries and their friends say to each other when saying goodbye. The first book was written in 2019 and the fourth just came out. You might like it. 

It's long been normalized. The language used today about trans individuals is nearly identical to what was said about the gay community in the not too distant past and it's made by the same people. They've always hated gay people, it's just easier to go after the trans community publicly, but they never stopped shitting on the LGBT+ community as a whole. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's long been normalized. The language used today about trans individuals is nearly identical to what was said about the gay community in the not too distant past and it's made by the same people. They've always hated gay people, it's just easier to go after the trans community publicly, but they never stopped shitting on the LGBT+ community as a whole. 

No, that's just what the woke mind virus wants you to think. /s

The F word is now the word increasingly recognized as the word that accurately describes what the objectives are.

"Since he first ran for office in 2015, Donald Trump has always used threats of force and intimidation (ad baculum) in his campaign rhetoric. A typical president would use threats of force as a part of international relations, specifically war rhetoric. But Trump uses war rhetoric to run for office, he uses war rhetoric against his own nation. Trump isn't a presidential candidate, he's a fascist. The goal of fascism is to turn politics into warfare, to create the "war of all against all" so that the frightened public will allow the "strong hand" of the fascist to control the government."

Chauncey De Vega is a sharp cookie, who isn't afraid of history.  Another of the sort that are Jamelle Bouie and Jeet Heer.

"Criminal labels and orange jumpsuits": Experts on how Trump weaponizes his own fears
"The ineffectiveness of Trump's bombastic and revengeful rhetoric has been repeatedly demonstrated"

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/11/criminal-labels-and-orange-jumpsuits-experts-on-how-weaponizes-his-own-fears/

Donald Trump is escalating his threats of fascist violence. During a recent interview, Trump told Glenn Beck that he is going to put President Joe Biden and his other "enemies" in prison if he takes back control of the White House. Last Sunday, Trump announced on his Truth Social disinformation platform that he is going to treat Biden and the other Democrats and his "enemies" like they do in a "banana republic." In so-called banana republics, enemies of the regime are put in prison, tortured and murdered.

Trump means what he says.

It is true that Donald Trump is a pathological liar. But he has been remarkably honest and transparent in his desires and plans to become America's first dictator and unleash a reign of revenge and tyranny. The coup attempt on Jan. 6 was just a trial run for a much larger and successful attempt to end multiracial pluralistic democracy here in America.

In an attempt to make sense of what comes next with Trump's escalating threats of fascist violence and bloodshed, the country's ongoing democracy crisis, and why the news media continues to ignore and normalize the clear and present dangers, I recently asked a range of experts for their thoughts and insights.

We should pay very close attention whenever we see these kinds of rhetorical tricks. They are a sign—an advanced warning—that fascism is on the rise. Political candidates who believe in democracy and the rule of law do not use these fascist strategies. ....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer Mercieca, professor of communication at Texas A&M, and author of "Demagogue for President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump."

Since he first ran for office in 2015, Donald Trump has always used threats of force and intimidation (ad baculum) in his campaign rhetoric. A typical president would use threats of force as a part of international relations, specifically war rhetoric. But Trump uses war rhetoric to run for office, he uses war rhetoric against his own nation. Trump isn't a presidential candidate, he's a fascist. The goal of fascism is to turn politics into warfare, to create the "war of all against all" so that the frightened public will allow the "strong hand" of the fascist to control the government.

We got here because fascists are very good at normalizing fascist ways of thinking and acting. They use fear appeals, outrage, us versus them polarization, and accusations of hypocrisy to turn their political opposition into "hate-objects." They then blame the hate objects for everything that's going wrong or ever went wrong or could ever go wrong in the future. That combination of rhetorical strategies is strategically useful for fascists because it activates people's innate fight or flight responses and makes them pay attention to the fascist's rhetoric—it also makes it harder to think critically about the fascist's rhetoric. A fascist like Trump knows how to play the media so that they help him to normalize fascism.

On 9/10/2023 at 10:55 AM, Varysblackfyre321 said:
This also seems a steady creep towards normalization of explicit homophobia again.

That being gay by itself should be looked at as scandalous and worth a reaction of disgust.

Who’s a naughty boy? Who’s a naughty widdle boi? 

You are, Tucker! You are, Timmy! Yes you are. Yes you are! You’re naughty widdle bois yes you are. Oh my goodness. Yes you are.

Rush Limbaugh, with his beautiful, sonorous, tailor-made-for-radio voice, managed to get Hillary Clinton investigated for murder. She’s got more bodies on her than Marlo Stanfield to hear some of these idiots tell it, and that’s all thanks to Rush.

Fast forward 20 years and you have a couple of squeaky voiced nerds accusing Barack Obama of letting some hillbilly grifter suck his dick? After he’s guaranteed to get an aircraft carrier named after him? You’re slipping. You’re slipping fellas. 

I want Obama to come out and say, “The story is totally true; but it wasn’t this guy. It was William F Buckley.” Mic drop. Kick back an watch the fireworks. 

Plus, “cocaine”? Really? After Donald Trump? Trump has done more coke than you weigh, Tim. Guaranteed. I’d bet Tucker has done his share too. 

Could someone release the pee tape already? 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

Watching, finally, the entire footage of what happened at and in the Capitol J6/21

"Given that we've already seen so much footage of the rioters on the outside of the building, I chose to focus on the inside, looking particularly how lawmakers responded to the impending threat."

https://www.businessinsider.com/january-6-security-camera-footage-release-house-republicans-2023-9

.... I began by looking at the pedestrian tunnel that connects the Capitol to Cannon House Office Building — an area that I frequently stake out during session days when I'm hoping to talk to certain House members.

Focusing around the 2 pm hour — when rioters halted Electoral College certification proceedings in the House — I saw a steady stream of activity in the tunnel.

Democratic Rep. Cori Bush and her chief of staff could be seen walking away from the Capitol at 2:07 pm, less than 15 minutes before the House went into recess. Bush later recounted in February 2021 that she "just felt the need" to walk out during the House proceedings, before the chamber was breached. ....

.... On the Senate side, I focused on the security cameras outside the back of the chamber, where senators — and then-Vice President Mike Pence — were led away as the threat from rioters became clearer.

Pence left the chamber down the East back stairway at 2:26 pm, roughly 4 minutes before everybody else was led down the West stairway on the other side.

It was at this moment that the fear of that day came through, even on the silent footage that I was viewing. Officers on the West stairway had set up a barricade using some chairs and benches, and one officer in particular could be seen visibly swaying back and forth, pacing around, as the minutes elapsed.

The Senate is generally known as the more collegial chamber, and it showed.

As senators headed down the stairway in a single-file fashion, they seemed to be leaning on one another, physically, as they made their escape. ....

The insanity that just keeps getting crazier every minute of every day.

‘Insane And Treasonous’: Marjorie Taylor Greene Slammed Over ‘Seceding’ Message
Greene, a close ally of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, wrote the message on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marjorie-taylor-greene-seceding_n_64ffce56e4b0370316456ad7

She later said she called for a national divorce so that Republicans could have “our own safe space,” adding that those newly divorced red states could then forbid Democrats who move there from voting for five years.

You think MTG is crazy?!

I'll show you crazy.

The Foster-Kavanaugh saga detailed in https://www.fbicover-up.com/ is compelling evidence of the complete bi-partisan corruption of the USA.

Two Republican prosecutors, Starr and Kavanaugh, assist the FBI in covering up the murder of the Democrat President's lawyer. The mass media does their best to aid in the coverup.

One Republican President, George W Bush, then elevates Kavanaugh to the Court of Appeals, and then another, Donald J Trump, elevates him to the Supreme Court, with the enthusiastic support of US Senators, mostly Republican, who have been made aware of his past misdeed.

This is definitely not a script that Frank Capra would have filmed, but it is the sickening reality we actually live with.

Don't you ever again say Maggie is crazy.

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You think MTG is crazy?!

I'll show you crazy.

Don't you ever again say Maggie is crazy.

See what I mean? 

Rush Limbaugh was a fucking god compared to these current idiots. Do you think 20 years from now there'll be a website dedicated to Obama's cocaine fuelled gay bender with Larry Sinclair in Gurnee, IL? 

Dinesh DeSouza interviewed this fucking idiot and it barely made a ripple. Their game is weak. 

18 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

these current idiots.

As others have observed:

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) summed up the day: “So let me get this straight: Republicans are threatening to remove their own Speaker, impeach the President, and shut down the government on September 30th—disrupting everyday people’s paychecks and general public operations. For what? I don’t think even they know.”

The center-right think tank American Action Forum’s vice president for economic policy, Gordon Gray, had an answer. Ever since the debt ceiling fight was resolved, he told Joan E. Greve of The Guardian, “there’s a big chunk of House Republicans who just want to break something. That’s just how some of these folks define governing. It’s how their constituents define success.”

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

As others have observed:

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) summed up the day: “So let me get this straight: Republicans are threatening to remove their own Speaker, impeach the President, and shut down the government on September 30th—disrupting everyday people’s paychecks and general public operations. For what? I don’t think even they know.”

The center-right think tank American Action Forum’s vice president for economic policy, Gordon Gray, had an answer. Ever since the debt ceiling fight was resolved, he told Joan E. Greve of The Guardian, “there’s a big chunk of House Republicans who just want to break something. That’s just how some of these folks define governing. It’s how their constituents define success.”

Yup.

What Chomsky summed up years ago as an, "appeal to generalized rage". Also the appeal of "anti-government" propaganda. Also being intellectually bankrupt. 

Agree with them or not, there was a time when these people were actually serious. Some of them were pure fucking evil, but still capable of being sensible.

The current crowd would be biblically terrifying if they were actually competent.