US Politics: Killin' Ya Hard With Hate

Zorral

Eh, Brand has been running an anti-vaccine grift for a while now and has been getting boosted a bit by intellectual luminaries such as Ben Shapiro lately.

And, as stated, his commentary isn't limited to just UK Politics. He's very definitely a dipshit who's dipshittery is not limited to national borders.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

This is why I may prefer trump over desantis.

Desantis is an ideological faschist. Trump is a fascist by instinct and only when convient. 

Trump's brain is disintegrating and he never shuts his yap so he's capable of saying anything*. Once in a while it'll actually sound pretty good. Monkeys and typewriters and that sort of thing. 

*See his eulogy at Diamond's funeral. Also, why the hell is he droning on about the panama canal lately? 

6 hours ago, Durckad said:

and has been getting boosted a bit by intellectual luminaries such as Ben Shapiro lately.

True. Brand can and does inoculate people particularly new age hippie types, disaffected leftists, and people whose general political center is establishment bad.  People Shapiro or Dennis Prager wouldn’t typically appeal to. 

17 hours ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

He's an actor and a comedian

Eh Anita Bryant was a singer, Steven Crowder technically is a comedian and Ben Shapiro writes racist suspense thrillers. I do think it’s a mistake to see these types as not worth lambasting because they hold positions that aren’t directly tied to political power or office.

17 hours ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

I'm sure all the rest of that is true but do we need to use this thread as a record of every single douchebag in the pop-culture sphere who's had shitty political opinions over the years?

I think I see where you’re coming from. I do grimace when I see online threads where people just just every bad thing x fascist says to show once again they’re fascist.

At a certain point you’re just helping spread the reach of x fascist.

I did however feel that Russel Brand’s appealing to the far-right’s conspiracism in hopes of making this incident a culture war was worth commentary. 

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Trump's brain is disintegrating

Such claims never bore out. Unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

he never shuts his yap so he's capable of saying anything*. Once in a while it'll actually sound pretty good. Monkeys and typewriters and that sort of thing.

True. Though I don’t his wariness here is random as much as being shrewd enough to try and leave the open for “moderates” to feel comfortable voting for him. 

No, I'm sorry. I'm not convinced that a British comedian being accused of offences in Britain by a British newspaper has become a US Politics issue because he comments on US political issues. Keep the Brand stuff out of the thread. 

I just watched the highlights of Boebert’s recent antics. I hadn’t seen it except for the bewb grab. 

If she was sober I’ll eat my hat. 

Again, I have nothing against people getting frisky; I have nothing against “Miller Time”; and I’m sure history is replete with American politicians who got up to some scandalous shit. But goddamn. During Beetlejuice?

8 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I just watched the highlights of Boebert’s recent antics. I hadn’t seen it except for the bewb grab. 

If she was sober I’ll eat my hat. 

Again, I have nothing against people getting frisky; I have nothing against “Miller Time”; and I’m sure history is replete with American politicians who got up to some scandalous shit. But goddamn. During Beetlejuice?

It's a real fucking world we live in when MTG is the "classy" one out of the duo.

But I guess we shouldn't expect any more from someone who once owned a bar named "Shooters" whose food made customers.... um uncontrollably "shoot" from their nethers.

1 hour ago, Durckad said:

It's a real fucking world we live in when MTG is the "classy" one out of the duo.

Eh, maybe you want to read up more about her personal life. Sounds like she cucked her husband and was in multiple long term affairs before they recently got divorced. The men in question don't deny it. It's pretty funny that one said this:

I have no interest in talking about anything to do with that woman. Everything with her comes to no good,' Tway, 42, said 

But I guess we shouldn't expect any more from someone who once owned a bar named "Shooters" whose food made customers.... um uncontrollably "shoot" from their nethers.

Her and her husband actually didn't own the place. They rented the location and others helped put up the money for it. From the reviews it wasn't very good, shockingly. 

These two do perfectly represent the Republican party though. They're dumb, soulless clowns who only care about getting attention and in exchange are willing to sell out everyone around them for it.

US military asks for help to find missing F-35 fighter jet after ‘mishap’ sees pilot eject | US military | The Guardian

Based on the plane’s location and trajectory, the search for the F-35 Lightning II jet was focused on Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion, said Senior Master Sergeant Heather Stanton at Joint Base Charleston. Both lakes are north of North Charleston.

@Ser Scot A Ellison you should be looking for this jet rather than having words with your SC reps.

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, maybe you want to read up more about her personal life. Sounds like she cucked her husband and was in multiple long term affairs before they recently got divorced. The men in question don't deny it. It's pretty funny that one said this:

Oh I am well aware. Like I said, it's a fucking world we live in here.

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Her and her husband actually didn't own the place. They rented the location and others helped put up the money for it. From the reviews it wasn't very good, shockingly. 

These two do perfectly represent the Republican party though. They're dumb, soulless clowns who only care about getting attention and in exchange are willing to sell out everyone around them for it.

How dare you fact-check my joke about a restaurant that causes uncontrollable shitting. Too far, sir, too far.

Fetterman blasts Boebert: ‘If I take up vaping ... they’ll make me a folk hero’
“If I take up vaping and grabbing the hog during a live musical, they’ll make me a folk hero,” Fetterman wrote.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/19/lauren-boebert-fetterman-00116734

Sen. John Fetterman blasted Rep. Lauren Boebert for her behavior that caused her to be booted from a play in her home state of Colorado earlier this month.

“I figure if I take up vaping and grabbing the hog during a live musical, they’ll make me a folk hero,” the Pennsylvania Democrat tweeted Tuesday morning.

23 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Maybe Trump was right after all. 

So, the guy punched out and the thing just kept going?

:lmao:

They found it. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66850422.amp

Interesting:

Earlier on Monday, the US Marine Corps announced a two-day pause in air operations throughout the military branch this week.

A Marine Corps press release on Monday said officials plan to "discuss aviation safety matters and best practices" sometime this week.

It said the missing jet amounted to the third "Class-A mishap" in the past six weeks - a category of incident that causes more than $2.5m in damage. It did not elaborate on previous incidents.

Lauren Boebert's sexy adventure: Blame conservatives' push for "traditional marriage"
Bari Weiss and Nicholas Kristof amplify GOP calls to marry young — that's just what the Colorado congresswoman did

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/19/lauren-boeberts-sexy-adventure-conservatives-push-for-traditional-marriage/

.... The bad faith underpinning this pressure to marry in haste is not hard to see. There's simply no evidence that women are turning up their noses to a series of princes. The problem is the dating market is cluttered with frogs. A recent poll commissioned by Teen Vogue makes it clear why: There just aren't enough eligible men out there. Sixty-four percent of women under 35 label themselves "liberal" or "progressive," while only 39% of men that age do. Strong majorities of women wisely call it a "red flag" if a date is MAGA or listens to Joe Rogan. That shrinks their dating pool considerably, but the alternative is partnering with someone who doesn't have even basic respect for women. That would work out for men, of course, but not for women's safety or happiness. For women, it really is better to be single than with someone who thinks President Pussy Grabber is a great guy.   ....

I just have to share this one with you guys, because I'm truly excited.

Adrian Vermeule is coming back to my university, and I get to invite him in my class! I can teach the students about his ideas beforehand and then he'll have to answer their questions.

This is going to be glorious. Oh, I'll have to be quite careful myself of course, but wouldn't it be a shame if some students were to, of their own initiative of course, start pointing out that his ideas are garbage, uh?

On 9/18/2023 at 7:02 PM, Tywin et al. said:

+ Didn't Bobo's husband expose himself in a Bowling alley a while ago?

So they kinda matched in that respect.