Star Wars - PTTSD

DaveSumm

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'm not a big fan of Filoni's stuff like, but he clearly (1) loves Star Wars and (2) has a great imagination for story ideas. So the success or not of this depends on whether he can think up and commission great ideas but then have the ability to hand over enough creative control to other, potentially better, creators. I think there's a decent chance this works out.

His Clone Wars stuff might be some of the best SW content ever. Some of his recent live action stuff... less so. 

I think you're right. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like this will be the first time in Hollywood history the top billed actor on a live action movie will be mainly a voiceover, assuming Pedro Pascal is not going to be on set all that much.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

What a terrible title: Jon Favreau preparing to direct the theatrical The Mandalorian & Grogu.

I read an article on this and was kind of surprised. I like The Mandalorian as a cheesy western type series but as a movie? I guess if done right it can be good but I know I wasn't sitting at home thinking I needed to see this as a movie.

7 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I read an article on this and was kind of surprised. I like The Mandalorian as a cheesy western type series but as a movie? I guess if done right it can be good but I know I wasn't sitting at home thinking I needed to see this as a movie.

Think The Unforgiven... but in space... with wizards... and little green guys...

20 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'd absolutely watch the shit out of Unforgiven in space, but John Favreau isn't going to make it.

I assume it'll be Zach Snyder's sequel to Rebel Moon >_>

I watched Rebel Moon the other day... I won't say that I regret it, because it gave a friend and me excuses to swap texts back and forth for two days ridiculing it... but man... 

I'll just say that if this is the kind of writing coming from Hollywood, then I think I would welcome an AI script writer.

Honestly, at this point I'm not expecting anything until trailers appear. They've made so many plans over the years. I do trust Ahsoka season 2 is going to be made based on the above news, and looking forward to season 2 of Andor.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

:mellow:

I still haven’t seen the finale from season 1. I guess I can’t watch season 2 then. Oh well.

Season 1 has 86% on the tomatometer. A good portion of those positive reviews are absolute raves. Let that sink in…

-

This is the first time, in my life, there has ever been a SW movie announcement and I literally felt nothing about it. I guess that means I’m out after all. 

And yeah, it is a stupid title. 

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

I nearly spat out my morning coffee when I saw @Ran's comment revealing the title.

They're trying to replicate "Barbenheimer" with a single film.

"MandoGrogu! Are you going to see MandoGrogu? You better believe I'm going to see MandoGrogu! I love them so much!!!"

I'll bet you cash moneys that those conversations have been had.

44 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'll bet you cash moneys that those conversations have been had.

I accept all forms of cash transfers but not Amex. :)