Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

On 4/23/2024 at 6:22 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

And when Daniel Craig pops up at the end and this was a Knives Out movie all along? What then?!

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Ape King Immortan Joe

Andy Serkis speaks on the legacy of the Ape franchise.

I got lost with these. Where's the timeline now? Caesar is dead? This is years after the last one?

On 4/25/2024 at 5:23 PM, HexMachina said:

I got lost with these. Where's the timeline now? Caesar is dead? This is years after the last one?

A few hundred years apparently. 

I find it amusing Caesar’s stained glass window that he identified with home now seems to be a religious symbol. 

final trailer

Director Wes Ball  won't say the actual time, but it's probably around 300 years later.  He initially turned it down and then thought about it.  He didn't want to make Apes 4, where Caesar's son Cornelius continues on immediately after the last one.  Someone can still do that story, but he wanted to have a new trilogy focusing on the Caesar as a myth and legend, his legacy corrupted, amidst the rise of the first Bronze Age kingdom of Apes.

Edited by SpaceChampion

On 4/18/2024 at 4:04 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

On 4/18/2024 at 4:21 PM, Ran said:

Did not know anything about Transformer One. So basically applying the LEGO Movie formula to Transformers... could work.

The idea is to show life on Cybertron before the war itself has erupted, which is something we havent really seen in Transformers movies or previous animations before. To show the emergence of Orion Pax into Optimus Prime ( he will apparently receive the Matrix during the film) and Megatron as well. Hemsworth seems to be doing an ok job as Prime voice but Cullen will be missed here I think. Looks like they have the Quintessons as the villains, which is very interesting to finally see that, Bay never touched it. And Alpha Trion features too, and actually resembles his G1 character. Lore wise, this looks very promising, my only concern is the quite comedic tone in the trailer. It may not play out like that in a full movie of course.

On 4/23/2024 at 4:19 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Not convinced by J lo in this, at all.....but I do love the mecha design a lot, will be great to finally see a film that features mecha prolifically.