US Politics: Sitting in Judgement

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

He owes them surely, not they owe him.

Sorry, it was meant to be 'they OWN him'. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

He's under a microscope now.

Oh no, the person who routinely broke laws because he could and has never shown even a slightest inkling of changing his behavior is now being looked at! Surely this will be the end of Donny Trump. 

He's never paid for a single thing in his life, and I don't see that starting when he has the most political power anyone in the world has. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

He can find the money, but he's going to have some real issues. A lot of his attempts to sell properties will be heavily scrutinized, take a long time and he needs money right now to cover the appeal costs. 

Who cares if they're scrutinized? Trump doesn't. It's just another loan he can default on if he needs to, another sucker to prop him up. I get that y'all want him to suffer and expect that someone who just got charged for $400m in damages is going to suffer but that isn't the case for a variety of reasons - the most notable being his creditors won't let him go down. As the old saying goes if you owe someone $10k its your problem; if you owe someone $10 million it's their problem. Mostly, I think you discount just how many rules the rich have to get out of things like these without suffering particularly much. 

10 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Sorry, it was meant to be 'they OWN him'. 

Oh no, the person who routinely broke laws because he could and has never shown even a slightest inkling of changing his behavior is now being looked at! Surely this will be the end of Donny Trump. 

He's never paid for a single thing in his life, and I don't see that starting when he has the most political power anyone in the world has. 

Who cares if they're scrutinized? Trump doesn't. It's just another loan he can default on if he needs to, another sucker to prop him up. I get that y'all want him to suffer and expect that someone who just got charged for $400m in damages is going to suffer but that isn't the case for a variety of reasons - the most notable being his creditors won't let him go down. As the old saying goes if you owe someone $10k its your problem; if you owe someone $10 million it's their problem. Mostly, I think you discount just how many rules the rich have to get out of things like these without suffering particularly much. 

Right now his properties and company are being controlled by a court appointed auditor so that they cannot do any funny business. He already lost the trial before the fines were levied. His creditors can't prop him up if the court orders the seizures of the assets. I am not sure of the law in the US or New York but he has already been told he cannot avoid the damages he needs to pay in the defamation case by personal bankruptcy. Remember he had trouble raising $500,000 to appeal that ruling. Banks don't like lending money to Trump. With the size of the judgements against him what bank would lend him a penny because there is no foreseeable way he can pay you back, especially since he is now a known fraudster, along with his sons and his company. Then comes in that who really knows how much his properties are mortgaged for, and who hold the mortgages? If I held the mortgage, I would be sweating bullets as I can assume that there is fraud somewhere in that deal. What you thought was a first mortgage may well be a second or third mortgage.

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

Right now his properties and company are being controlled by a court appointed auditor so that they cannot do any funny business. He already lost the trial before the fines were levied. His creditors can't prop him up if the court orders the seizures of the assets. I am not sure of the law in the US or New York but he has already been told he cannot avoid the damages he needs to pay in the defamation case by personal bankruptcy. Remember he had trouble raising $500,000 to appeal that ruling. Banks don't like lending money to Trump. With the size of the judgements against him what bank would lend him a penny because there is no foreseeable way he can pay you back, especially since he is now a known fraudster, along with his sons and his company. Then comes in that who really knows how much his properties are mortgaged for, and who hold the mortgages? If I held the mortgage, I would be sweating bullets as I can assume that there is fraud somewhere in that deal. What you thought was a first mortgage may well be a second or third mortgage.

Plus, the ruling bars him from doing business dealings with any bank registered in the state of NY. Good luck finding a bank in the US that is not registered in NY. Any financial statement for a bank loan with the Trump Org assets as collaterals would need to pass Judge Jones' desk (in her role as Supervisor) and this time she would need to sign off on it, instead of being merely informed. So he'd need to ask either MBS or some Russian Oligarch to bankroll his appeal. Lara bankrupting the RNC before the election and leaving a whole lot of candidates hanging high and dry would not be the worst outcome.

He could theoretically throw the money he is supposed to get from his nonsense antisocial sale or whateffs into the appeals process. But even Trump has to be aware of that being a case of throwing good money after bad, not that that would stop him from doing it.

21 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

You'll let me run the golf course right? Or at least have a free membership? I do have some ancestry after all. 

Not so fast there bud. I've got a documented family tree that goes all the way back to the 15th century, and it's definitely legit because there were way too many cousins marrying each other for it to be fake.

20 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

He can find the money, but he's going to have some real issues. A lot of his attempts to sell properties will be heavily scrutinized, take a long time and he needs money right now to cover the appeal costs. 

If he can convince a Saudi prince to buy one of his inflated valuation properties for the valuation price can he go for a re-trial?

I'm not sure if this is encouraging, depressing, or simply an internet hoax, but the Trump GoFundMe page is up and running...and supposedly has collected $84,000+

Donald Trump GoFundMe Raises $84K of $355 Million Target in 24 Hours (newsweek.com)

And let us not forget the $399 honey gold Trump sneakers that have just been released... (I dunno... are they a fashion fit with MAGA Hats...

Trump hawks $399 branded shoes at ‘Sneaker Con' | AP News

Edited by ThinkerX

22 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

I'm not sure if this is encouraging, depressing, or simply an internet hoax, but the Trump GoFundMe page is up and running...and supposedly has collected $84,000+

Donald Trump GoFundMe Raises $84K of $355 Million Target in 24 Hours (newsweek.com)

And let us not forget the $399 honey gold Trump sneakers that have just been released... (I dunno... are they a fashion fit with MAGA Hats...

At this rate, they'll have the fine covered in *checks* another eleven years.

1 hour ago, ThinkerX said:

Did you see how bad he was booed at the sneaker con?

I can think of no easier way to announce to the World that you are a giant festering Asshole than to actually put a pair of those hideous sneekers on your feet! "AaarfarfarfAaarfAAarrrf look at me im a giant bumbling douche Arf Arf ArrrrF!!"

Those things make a Walrus look stylish.

Eta: Oh and btw, SHAME ON Sneeker Con for giving the criminal a platform!

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

So, if Trump needs money, he should still have a few top-secret files stashed away at MAL and other places.  That should get him some fast cash.

My understanding is he can't accept outside money to cover the costs and he has to put up a lot right away to appeal. That's why asset sales sound like his best bet, but again, he's not going to get the kind of return he would want and reporting is he owes a lot numerous properties. MSNBC has a lot of hosts that cut their teeth in business journalism and they were saying it's not impossible to see him losing Trump Tower in NY. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

You cant be shocked if the bancruptcy king has a high percent of those properties leveraged to the hilt and a fukton of his alleged net worth is actually just his own made up value he"s telling us his brand is worth, what does accounting call it, (goodwill, brand valuation, etc) strip out that reputational stuff that hes actually destroying anyway, I doubt this loser is a Billionaire in actual equity.

Count me as uber skeptical and that hes lied just as well about having the $300 milli in cash on hand. Donald has always wished he was MBS or Putin, his shady idols and guys that actually do have that cash on hand. One wonders whether they are going to bail out there little errand boy Trump?

Edited by DireWolfSpirit