Baratheon and Stark are families to avoid

Posted (edited)

I made a recent comment on the first chapter of Game Of Thrones when the Starks found the direwolves.  The event is an omen predicting bad things for Westeros when the Starks and the Baratheons join forces.  It leads to suffering, death, and wars for Westeros.  Everytime Ned and Robert get together bad things happen to Westeros.  Starks and Baratheons are just a bad mix.  The phenomenon applies to the other families too.  The Targaryens and Martells should avoid each other.  Just look how Rhaegar and Ellia ended.  

The drowning of Steffon Baratheon just before his boat reached Storm's End is an omen.  The Baratheons were sent to find a woman for Rhaegar.  I do question whether Steffon was loyal to Aerys.  I am suspicious of the Baratheons. Was the ship sunk on purpose to protect King Aerys and his family from the Baratheons?

Edited by Bowen 747

• Bowen 747 changed the title to Baratheon and Stark are families to avoid
7 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

I made a recent comment on the first chapter of Game Of Thrones when the Starks found the direwolves.  The event is an omen predicting bad things for Westeros when the Starks and the Baratheons join forces.  It leads to suffering, death, and wars for Westeros.  Everytime Ned and Robert get together bad things happen to Westeros.  Starks and Baratheons are just a bad mix.  The phenomenon applies to the other families too.  The Targaryens and Martells should avoid each other.  Just look how Rhaegar and Ellia ended.  

The drowning of Steffon Baratheon just before his boat reached Storm's End is an omen.  The Baratheons were sent to find a woman for Rhaegar.  I do question whether Steffon was loyal to Aerys.  I am suspicious of the Baratheons. Was the ship sunk on purpose to protect King Aerys and his family from the Baratheons?

I made a recent comment on the last chapter of Game of Thrones when the Targaryen hatched the dragons. The event is an omen predicting bad things for Westeros when the Targaryens and dragons join forces. It leads to suffering, death and wars for Westeros. Everytime Daenerys and Drogon get together bad things happen to Westeros. Targaryens and dragons are just a bad mix. The phenomenon applies to other families too. The Targaryens should avoid everyone else. Just look at how it all ended.

Drogon eating that child is an omen. Daenerys had let Drogon go hunting. I do question whether Daenerys is of sound mind enough to be given access to bioweapons. I am suspicious of the Targaryens. Was the death of the dragons in the first place on purpose to protect the people of Westeros from the Targaryens?

10 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

I made a recent comment on the first chapter of Game Of Thrones when the Starks found the direwolves.  The event is an omen predicting bad things for Westeros when the Starks and the Baratheons join forces. 

Considering the first chapter shows a stag and a dire wolf killing each other, I think your interpretation of the omen is off. By the end of the first book Robert and Ned are dead. This would mean the omen is when they get together it is dangerous for the Starks and Baratheon's themselves.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, Starks and Baratheons coming together are what's responsible for every and all problems in Westeros.

Remember the days in Westeros before Robert and Eddard were born? Remember those peaceful times? Those peaceful, tranquil, no drama llama days? When the Targaryens ruled peacefully and there were no wars? And then one day Robert and Eddard came together and schemed to overthrow Aerys. Aerys said, "Please, let's all come together and talk this through. There's no need for violence." But Bobby and Eddie began foaming at the mouth, probably because they were within 2 feet of each other, and we all know that the closer they are, the crazier they get. They started hacking at people, Ned went so crazy that he tied his own father above a pyre of wildfire, and tied up Brandon and forced him to watch. Aerys protested, "Please! Stop this madness! Have mercy!" Robert and Eddard fled the scene of the crime and promptly forced Jon Arryn to raise his banners.

Edited by Ser Arthurs Dawn

32 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Aerys was such a nice guy, why would Bobby and Eddie want to go to war with him??

Remember the days in Westeros before Robert and Eddard were born? Remember those peaceful times? Those peaceful, tranquil, no drama llama days? When the Targaryens ruled peacefully and there were no wars? And then one day Robert and Eddard came together and schemed to overthrow Aerys. Aerys said, "Please, let's all come together and talk this through. There's no need for violence." But Bobby and Eddie began foaming at the mouth, probably because they were within 2 feet of each other, and we all know that the closer they are, the crazier they get. They started hacking at people, Ned went so crazy that he tied his own father above a pyre of wildfire, and tied up Brandon and forced him to watch. Aerys protested, "Please! Stop this madness! Have mercy!" Robert and Eddard fled the scene of the crime and promptly forced Jon Arryn to raise his banners.

It wasn't even them. It was Jon Arryn who wanted to go to war with aerys.

What's clear from the books and histories to date is that Westeros should rule itself: the houses that can be trusted with rulership are the ancient families that have been there for time immemorial. The Targaryens, who are really just parvenu nouveau riches from Valyria, were jealous of the impeccable pedigree of the First Men houses in particular, so made a point of destroying them: first the Gardeners and Durrandons; then the Harroways and Strongs; the Toynes and Peakes; via the Lannisters (running-dogs for the Targs), the Reynes; the Darklyns; and it was finally an attempt to do the same to the Starks which triggered the rebellion which brought the Targs down. All of them much older and more prestigious houses than the Targaryens, sacrificed on the altar of Targaryen envy and paranoia.

I will grant the OP however that the Baratheons are somewhat suspicious, but that's because, like the Targaryens, they don't really belong in Westeros. Or at least they half-don't. In fact, the OP has it the wrong way round: the Baratheons need to spend time around the Starks and other ancient Westerosi houses to overcome the villainous Valyrian side of their nature. This duality is why some Baratheons (the Durrandon-type) exemplify Westerosi virtues (Boremund, Lyonel, Renly) while others (the Targaryen-type) are miserable and untrustworthy (Rogar, Orryn, Borys, Borros). Note too how Robert is a great hero, beloved by all, when he's young with Ned, but as he grows older and is separated from Ned, he starts to decay. When Ned returns to Robert's life in AGoT, those around Robert fear he will recover his strength and so murder him. Stannis is also caught between the two sides of his nature. Early on, the Targaryen urge to murder in a treacherous manner, and burn people for no good reason, predominated, but spending time at the Wall with Jon (a Stark) has seen his virtuous Durrandon nature come through a bit more. It remains to be seen whether he can finally overcome his Targaryen nature and become a true First Man.

The carcasses of the direwolf and the stag was a warning to the Starks. It basically says the stag and the wolf kill each other. They also bring disaster to Westeros because of bad decisions and uncontrolled emotions. They are unfit to rule.  Here’s hoping Arya and Gendry are headed towards the precipice. 

It is possible the death of the Baratheons was an assassination. Just what if he found a wife for Rhaegar right before they sailed. Somebody on board stopped it by sinking the boat. I won’t put it past Doran Martell. 

Just now, Moiraine Sedai said:

The carcasses of the direwolf and the stag was a warning to the Starks. It basically says the stag and the wolf kill each other.

• Robert: killed by a boar (his heavily drunken state was orchestrated by Cersei and Lancel)
  • Renly: murdered by Stannis
  • Ned: imprisoned by Cersei, executed by Joffrey
  • Catelyn: murdered by Freys/Lannisters
  • Robb: murdered by Freys/Lannisters

22 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The carcasses of the direwolf and the stag was a warning to the Starks. It basically says the stag and the wolf kill each other. They also bring disaster to Westeros because of bad decisions and uncontrolled emotions. They are unfit to rule.  Here’s hoping Arya and Gendry are headed towards the precipice. 

The burned bones of the child were a warning to Daenerys. It basically says dragons kill and eat children. They also bring disaster to Westeros because of bad decisions and uncontrolled emotions. They are unfit to rule. Here's hoping Daenerys and the overgrown lizards are headed towards the precipice.

On 5/1/2024 at 12:06 AM, Bowen 747 said:

Robert was bad at governance. Robb Stark started a rebellion. Ned was ineffective as the hand. Jon’s treason hurt the Watch. 

On 4/30/2024 at 9:06 PM, Bowen 747 said:

Aerys left behind a large surplus of gold.  Robert and Jon badly managed the realm and left behind a heavy debt.  Baratheon, Stark, and Arryn are bad for Westeros. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:
  • Robert: killed by a boar (his heavily drunken state was orchestrated by Cersei and Lancel)
  • Renly: murdered by Stannis
  • Ned: imprisoned by Cersei, executed by Joffrey
  • Catelyn: murdered by Freys/Lannisters
  • Robb: murdered by Freys/Lannisters

Please stop using facts, they’re the natural enemy of all trolls, lol

We all know that Ned and Robert are the worst humans in the history of the series, lol

Edited by sifth

1 hour ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Robert and Jon badly managed the realm and left behind a heavy debt. 

Sure, just totally ignore Littlefinger's fraud and embezzlement.

Aerys left behind a large surplus of gold.

And a large surplus of bodies, torture devices and wildfire.

Baratheon, Stark, and Arryn are bad for Westeros. 

Targaryens are worse.

Keep hearing robert ned and john didnt rule well which is actualy b.s the more you reflect on it!

Robert didnt like ruling but he left a decent team.in charge of affairs , decades of peace interrupted by one quickly quashed rebellion! If it wasnt for varys and LF fucking around itd be a dynasty that lasted with 3 illegitimate kids being married off

In his stead stannis has purged dragonstone and most of the surrounding islands of filthy targ loyalists to set up a stable 2nd baratheon house on the islands and reestablished a strong royal fleet. 

His brother has kept the normaly troublesome stormlords in check in his stead and even built bridges with the powerful tyrells while stannis marriage to the florents  holds a stick to renlys olive branch

The kingdoms have had decades of peaceful food gathering to try and survive what is set to be one of the the longest winters yet! 

Now he has put the crown in debt but its a debt easily swallowed by his in laws or a reduction in the amount of tourneys and/or tax increases! 

Robert was a bad king.  He plunged the Realm in debt, ignored rampant corruption, favoured the Lannisters, the worst of the major Houses,  failed to give justice for Elia and her children, or for Mycah, and was oblivious to the impending signs of civil war.

The less said about his personal behaviour, the better.

But, that does not make Aerys a good king, a man who was a capricious sadist, who planned to murder thousands of his subjects, people who should be able to count upon him for protection.