Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Thread 2D2)

Howdyphillip

You know what would have been a better title than 'The Force Awakens'?

'Heir to the Empire'

or

'Dark Force Rising'

Heir to the Empire probably would have made more sense, seeing how as I am guessing, Ep VII would go deep in the emperor less empire.

You know what would have been a better title than 'The Force Awakens'?

'Heir to the Empire'

or

'Dark Force Rising'

That would imply they were gonna remake Zahn's trilogy. So the new title, in the sense that it suggests otherwise, is infinitely better.

I think the title of the movie should've had the word 'hope' in it. It tie back to the start of the trilogy that was good, and would fit the general mood of the public.

Something like "The Fall of Hope", only better.

Cautiously optimistic about this movie. It's good that Kasdan wrote a screenplay from a George Lucas story (just like Empire). As long as Kasdan still has his touch, then this should at least be better than the unwritten prequels.

Just like Raiders, too.

/crosses fingers

Please be good. Please be good.

The light claymore makes less sense than existing light sabres.

Its an archaic weapon that is explicitly said to only be effective in the hands of literal space wizards, Scot. I'm not going to tell a literal space wizard that he's using his magic glowy death stick wrong.

(Besides, they should be using them more like sport fencing weapons than slashing ones if they're actually weightless and cut through anything with minimal resistance)

Is it me or the teaser actually comes off as a fanfilm?

What the hell is this? Apparently, youtube is full of terribly made teasers these days (Insurgent, *cough-cough*) but this thing wins the WTF contest by far.

I have no clue what the movie is about, who the movie is about, why I'm supposed to be excited (action? romance? adventure? drama?).

If I were to narrate it...man... like, "Hi! I'm the new star wars movie. See? I have all the star wars stuff. Death Star. R2 & C3PO. Chewbacca. Lightsaber. Spaceship. Tatooin. Jedi. I'm the new Star Wars movie." Made by Disney in the 90s, by the look of it.

Oh I knew it would be horrible, but this teaser pissed me off. Why did I even watch it?

Archived