US Elections 2016: Why we can't have nice things

butterbumps!

Doesn't neccesarily have to be another woman. 

2 minutes ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

If you need a ASoIaF analogy for HRC, I still don't think Cersei is the best option. But there's not many ways for women in ASoIaF to gain power, far less so than in our world, and even there Hillary Clinton is a first. Cersei doesn't work because of Cersei's extreme derangement. Dany doesn't work either, as she's the ultimate outsider. If I have to take some powerful ASoIaF woman to describe Hillary, I guess I'd have to go with the Queen of Thorns.

Doesn't neccessarily need to be a women does it.

16 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Gore tried the 'stand next to the opponent and physically loom' tactic against Bush and it looked horrible.  Trump trying against a women in light of his released comments just show that there is no oNE in his campaign that can control him. Someone would have pointed out whathat a bad look it is surely?

I vowed months ago to avoid watching any of the debates. But based on all the footage and photo's in the media post debate, I was thinking pretty much this same thing. That stalkerish, looming over look, has to be the absolute stupidest move the Trump campaign has gave us yet. I'm pretty sure that's the image that will be seered into the memory of millions of women voters, long after the inconsequential babble from last nights town hall has been forgotten. They will remember that unflattering bully image long after the words are forgotten.

Pretty sure Trump has the wife beater vote locked down, they would be great fans of that cringe worthy bully look.

Also happy to see the headlines announcing the Bush family member has been suspended from the "Today Show" ( the one from the released tapes that Donald is calling locker room talk).

Why can't Hillary be Stannis - part of the establishment, rightful heir apparent. Would be a competent leader but the people will never love him/her It even works with Bill as Robert. Don't get hung up on her sex.

9 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Why can't Hillary be Stannis - part of the establishment, rightful heir apparent. Would be a competent leader but the people will never love him/her It even works with Bill as Robert. Don't get hung up on her sex.

So she's going to invade Canada, subdue their attack in the northern border, and then incorporate them as the 51st state.  Sweet!

54 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

We have a winner.  I like this so much.

The next 29 days will be whether enough people will be turned off voting that a motivated Republican base full on Clinton hatred will carry Trump to victory.

The image appears to be in Trump favor and base is very happy. Recent news report show Conway softening Trump's threat to jail Clinton and Pence's saying Radditz mischaracterized him. So Trump stop the bleeding but is it good for the GOP.

If tactics to get this disguisted and will vote then Clinton should have both Houses of Congress.

16 minutes ago, SeanF said:

This is a piece of Trump fan art (sensitive readers may prefer to look away).

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/785471928974835712/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

kickass. milton wrote of this image, actually:

Such applause was heard

As Mammon ended, and his sentence pleased,

Advising peace: for such another field

They dreaded worse than Hell; so much the fear

Of thunder and the sword of Donald

Wrought still within them; and no less desire

To found this nether empire, which might rise,

By policy and long process of time,

In emulation opposite to Heaven.

2 hours ago, butterbumps! said:

I thought Trump pretty clearly lost (more so than Clinton "won"), but I was nervous that people would misinterpret his assaults on reality, the English language, and his threatening posturing as "strong."  So I'm relieved we haven't disgraced ourselves that badly yet.

I've been trying to think through what might have turned that into a real win for her rather than a Trump loss, and I'm honestly kind of at a loss.   Is there really any way to engage someone who is going that far off the rails and that despicably low, and come off looking better for it?   How do you actively win that?

The narrative that is being constructed is that he won (basically he managed to exceed the extremely low expectations).  Honestly, his base loved what happened last night.  I don't think he turned any undecided voters towards himself.  Really at the end of the day this comes down to turnout.

2 hours ago, Guess who's back said:

And Hillary would be queen Cercei? 

She's closer to cat than cersei. Duty drives her a lot. Cersei isn't unfair either.

But yeah, @Gertrude has a good point. Stannis is a great comparison too - quote competent person who is disliked.

19 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

The narrative that is being constructed is that he won (basically he managed to exceed the extremely low expectations).  Honestly, his base loved what happened last night.  I don't think he turned any undecided voters towards himself.  Really at the end of the day this comes down to turnout.

The narrative seems pretty split to me, and if more of the post-debate 'who won?' polls look like CNN's last night, the narrative will fall into Clinton's favor. After all, the first debate's narrative was 'its a tie!' among a lot of pundits until all the polls came in showing a blowout on par with the first debate in 2012.

Just now, Fez said:

The narrative seems pretty split to me, and if more of the post-debate 'who won?' polls look like CNN's last night, the narrative will fall into Clinton's favor. After all, the first debate's narrative was 'its a tie!' among a lot of pundits until all the polls came in showing a blowout on par with the first debate in 2012.

I actually think more important for the polling is what happened post debate.  I'm not sure what the tweeter in chief will do with it.  Taht's really the wildcard.

17 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Well that's the narrative being spun by his base and his grotesquerie, but I thought both viewers and pundits agreed Clinton took it.  I struggle to believe that a reasonable, non Brietbart pundit could determine that Trump won.  Or even that it could be tied.   I mean, he literally threatened to lock up his opponent upon his victory.  I would hope that should be an immediately disqualifying action for a "win."

I agree about turnout, though.  Luckily, since Clinton is running a real campaign, she's been on top of this.   

Archived