Watch, Watched, Watching: Endgame

Ramsay B.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I dont know if its as good, its been a while simce i watched Planet Earth. But its certainly very passionate from Attenborough and i’m enjoying it a lot

As good,if not better,but that's probably down to techno advances.

Attenborough is always brilliant.He's been the face,voice,heart and soul of natural history since I was in swaddling clothes.

Kudos to Netflix for investing the time and money for this.

38 minutes ago, redriver said:

Kudos to Netflix for investing the time and money for this.

I'm pretty sure this was in a lot of ways an economic decision. Blue Planet etc have been BBC staples for years and have been huge for them, I'm sure Netflix saw that and jumped.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:40 PM, Week said:

Just watched this last night. Felt mixed throughout -- the pacing and story structure was a bit weird (though something that I'll typically roll with). Mostly pretty good performances. My bias is that it was too soft on most of them -- Cheney (the ending didn't stick for me -- I think too many people would agree with his rant), W. (innocent/naive moron), etc. Rummy seemed to be one of the few that was fully and truly portrayed as a power-hungry nihilist.

Yeah this is exactly my take too. I was pretty disappointed overall considering this was the movie I probably wanted to see most from 2018. The acting is great, but everything else is flawed in one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah this is exactly my take too. I was pretty disappointed overall considering this was the movie I probably wanted to see most from 2018. The acting is great, but everything else is flawed in one way or another. 

I did review the film and warn you all.

A lot of people I know are big fans of Line of Duty but I've never seen it. So I've been going back and watching it from the start before I watch the current series, so far I've watched the first 3 series. I was kind of expecting it to be gritty sort of realistic police procedural which it isn't, it's pretty out there, but it's still a lot of fun.

Finished S2 of fleabag, i love love love this show, but the final episode hype was so over the top it ruined it for me.  It wasn't even one of the top 3 epidsodes this season.

Finally moving onto Russian Doll, but if my wife doesn't stop falling asleep half way through each episode so i have to watch it again the next day i'm going to lose my mind.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Finished S2 of fleabag, i love love love this show, but the final episode hype was so over the top it ruined it for me.  It wasn't even one of the top 3 epidsodes this season.

Finally moving onto Russian Doll, but if my wife doesn't stop falling asleep half way through each episode so i have to watch it again the next day i'm going to lose my mind.

Season 2 of fleabag is hands down my favourite show of 2019 so far. Brilliant on every level. Part of me hopes we'll get another season diwn the road but the creator's comments and that very meta ending suggest otherwise. 

Can't wait to see what waller-bridge does next, i expect Hollywood is keen to snap her up after this and killing eve.

Having to continually rewatch russian doll does sound like the concept of the show squared. I'm not surprised your sanity is being challenged.

Watched a pretty good Norwegian crime movie called In Order of Disappearance (Kraftidioten). Basically Stellan Skarsgard gets revenge on a bunch of gangsters that killed his son. Kristofer Hivju and Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (:wub:) from GoT are in it. Apparently it just got a remake with Liam Neeson. 

30 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Watched a pretty good Norwegian crime movie called In Order of Disappearance (Kraftidioten). Basically Stellan Skarsgard gets revenge on a bunch of gangsters that killed his son. Kristofer Hivju and Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (:wub:) from GoT are in it. Apparently it just got a remake with Liam Neeson. 

I wonder if any of the original cast have "fun" anecdotes about trying to kill people from certain ethnic groups? Seems the original film is the better option.

Last night I watched the 6th, final, episode of Traitors.  Reaction was - "What? what was that? what was that about?

Lessee this takes place in a British government agency, but the theme music is USA unfiltered -- banjo, bluegrass, Appalachian folk music sound.  We have debate about abolishing the British Middle Eastern Mandate so Jewish refugees can have a home country.  We have a US black soldier turning commie. We have a very beautiful, very young Brit aristo who wants to be a spy, and is a spy, and kills her US handler.  Then she goes double agent.  We have another commie, inside the agency, who is an older woman, who is spying for the Russians.  In the final episode the young beauty gets beat up by the older woman's Russian handler, but the older woman's father, suffering from WWI PTSD and dementia kills him in a spectacular rescue.  Moreover -- just how many dead bodies got chucked of London Bridge in the space of 6 episodes?

If any of you who also watched this can explain what this was about, what happened, I'd be grateful, because none of it held together for me.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Had the same conversation with a friend last night. He was asking for series recs and said he gets the final say in what that watch as he is the one who stays awake. He ends up watching every episode of everything three times. 

On 4/9/2019 at 4:10 AM, Martini Sigil said:

.... Warrior started on Cinemax this week, which looks fun AF

I was hooked five minutes into the first episode. This show is fun AF. Reminds me a little bit of Banshee, (if it was set in 1878 San Francisco)  but maybe that has a bit to do with Hoon Lee and Jonathan Tropper. I love Andrew Koji's homages to Bruce Lee through his body language and stances. Not an imitation, he does his own thing, but throws out a little Bruce every once and a while.

ETA: The local pub in the series is called The Banshee :) 

Archived