Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

I lurked from way back. I remember first finding out about R+L=J from reading it on Dragonstone when I went googling to find out when ACoK would come out. I actually joined after reading ASoS in July 2000. Never been that active after the first few years though - I did ask for my post count to be carried over from ezboard so it would not be embarrassingly low.

1 hour ago, A wilding said:

I did ask for my post count to be carried over from ezboard so it would not be embarrassingly low.

Ha!  I still remember you from back when there used to be member listings by post count.  I never broke higher than page 6, but you and I were neck and neck on page 8 for several years.  

9 minutes ago, A wilding said:

I remember those post count listing pages! I used to vanity check my position on them occasionally too, but I never made it into the big leagues either. :crying:

I once held a top ten slot in that count listing back in the day...once...whole lotta posts ignored back then...

I'm honestly hazy about when I joined, though I feel like it was around early 2001...but it might have been later, but not later than spring 2002.

19 hours ago, lessthanluke said:

Same. Joined in 2007 at the rip old age of 19 according to my profile but I lurked for quite a while before that. Still class myself as a noob though.

I didn't realize we were the same age!

Well hey, we're definitely not fl00bs, so there's that.

But in my mind, the old ones are those who lived through the Zorse wars (which were only legend when I joined) and even more so those who date back before the ezboard incarnation of this site. 

the appropriate tolkienian concordance when confronted with forum antediluvians is--

"It is old, very old," said the Elf. "So old that almost I feel young again, as I have not felt since I journeyed with you children. It is old and full of memory. I could have been happy here, if I had come in days of peace."

6 hours ago, mormont said:

I think it was maybe 2001 I joined? Can't remember. Quite a while ago.

Still posting a bit...

I distinctly remember you joining, and I’d recently got my Council Member title, so I think it must have been 2002. 

I joined late 2001, I think. Or early 2002. I rarely posted then or now, as you can tell by my count (and I think I had my old count transferred).

I also spent most of my time in (drunk) chat. Os actually took over my board account for a night to create a bunch of silly posts to get my numbers up enough to get a custom title. I miss drunk chat!

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Generally there seems to be a strong inverse correlation between how long people have been here, and how many posts per year they do.  

Some of the Floobs must do nothing but post here.  I'm sure there was someone who did over 10,000 in their first year. 

In my first couple of years I sometimes got to 40 posts in a day just arguing over the minutiae in the four books that were out. I'm glad I got that out of my system before the TV show.

3 hours ago, A wilding said:

I remember those post count listing pages! I used to vanity check my position on them occasionally too, but I never made it into the big leagues either. :crying:

Didn't the post count also have a way of sorting by number of posts made in a day? I have a distinct memory that there was one day early on that I posted 116 times for some reason and that put me at #1 for the day. But maybe that's all a false memory.

Yes, there was definitely a per-day ranking somewhere at some point. And the tragedy of a hot thread getting FGed and then it wouldn't count anymore!

Tyria, drunk chat was so much fun! I used to hang there a lot--of course I was typically sober because I wasn't 21 then! Wow so long ago.

2 hours ago, Starkess said:

I didn't realize we were the same age!

Well hey, we're definitely not fl00bs, so there's that.

Fl00bist! 

Also, I thought Luke was younger, seems like the three of us are within a year of one another.

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Who is the current leader in posts? I know some people burn out quickly but it seems like others just relentlessly bang in a solid number day after day. I would guess ser scot or mormont?

Just perusing the participants of this thread, Ran's at around 36K, Mormont around 40K, Kalbear is at 50K, and Scot is at 55K.

Archived