DUNE (Part 1 Spoilers and News)

Corvinus85

Looks pretty good.  

Though I really can't see Chani sitting open mouthed on a sand dune even if she's looking to smack lips.  Do that in the sietch or whatever it was they called the reservoirs and no issue.

"A narrow way through" reminds me a bit too much of doctor strange in infinity war.  But we re also in the others/white walker Lost territory here.  (Where later takes become popular enough that people might start to think the original is derrivative.)

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What?  The Saudaukar as “Others”?

The fan theory that Neville Longbottom is a backup Kwisatz Haderach held in reserve by the Aes Sedai should Katniss fail to cross the Dothraki Sea and destroy the One Ring in the Fires of Mustafar.

19 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The person saying “This Prophecy is how they enslave us” is really interesting… I don’t recall that from any of the books.

Yeah, the word "prophecy" is used 21 times in the first book, three of which are in the appendix or glossary.  Of the remaining, eight are from Irulan's aphorisms (of whatever you call those chapter headings) and none are someone saying it in that line's context.  The word prophecy is only used four times in Dune Messiah and never with anyone actually saying it as dialogue.  It is used twice in Children of Dune, again, never as dialogue.  Also twice in God Emperor of Dune, once as dialogue.

Looks like it is made up whole cloth.  But I think it's likely a good one.

20 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The person saying “This Prophecy is how they enslave us” is really interesting… I don’t recall that from any of the books.

Pretty sure its a reference by Chani to how the Benne Gesserit planted the seeds for controlling the Fremen via the Lisan al-Gaib prophesy, and the Missionaria Protectiva

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Pretty sure its a reference by Chani to how the Benne Gesserit planted the seeds for controlling the Fremen via the Lisan al-Gaib prophesy, and the Missionaria Protectiva

Probably… but Chani being overtly aware of the Missionaria would be something new