DC Cinematic Universe: Let the Blames Begin

Super late to the party, but FUCK did I misjudge The Batman. Pattinson? All looks a bit emo doesn’t it? Do we need more confusion to the DC line up? 

Except, he’s the best Batman and this is the best Batman film ever. Quite comfortably for me. The second he walked on and started the monologue, my misgivings just melted away and he became MY Batman. Then Gordon walks him into the crime scene, and I suddenly realised how much I’ve missed him actually there, helping the police, solving crimes. So, so impressed.

I’m wary of trying to turn this into a universe too quickly, but if they can somehow keep the quality and tone over multiple spin-offs and sequels, that’s really exciting. 

On 4/15/2023 at 11:15 PM, Myrddin said:

I love that they're letting a grounded Batman universe continue alongside a separate connected universe Batman. 

Although now that I think about, on top of this, we have the Caped Crusader series that moved from HBO to Amazon. So that’s FIVE upcoming Batmans (Pattinson, Affleck, Keaton, Brave and the Bold, Caped Crusader). Which is … too many Batmans. I also didn’t know Matt Reeves was involved in Caped Crusader which seems odd.

9 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Although now that I think about, on top of this, we have the Caped Crusader series that moved from HBO to Amazon. So that’s FIVE upcoming Batmans (Pattinson, Affleck, Keaton, Brave and the Bold, Caped Crusader). Which is … too many Batmans. I also didn’t know Matt Reeves was involved in Caped Crusader which seems odd.

Aside from future multiverse cross overs, Affleck and Keaton won't be in future movies past Flash (or maybe Aquaman 2?), so it's really just 2 live action Batman's moving forward. There should always be an animated Batman for kids too. Let's not forget the primary audience for superheroes (and merchandising...).

This is actually in the movie.

I'm as concerned as anyone about crass commercialization and product placement in films. Still, there's something I admire about how naked and brazen this is. Plus the Unicorns are kind of awesome. And the sweet little girl befriending the big scary beastie. This pushes several buttons for me, actually. 

Nothing will top "Bud Light" in that transformers film though. <Chef's kiss>  

The ‘best’ has to be Heinekan (?) beer in Skyfall. The director must have been a bit pissed off though; first we see Bond drinking a bottle in bed, but his hand is covering the label, and then we see Tanner randomly drinking a bottle while in MI6!

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

Everyone keeps touting this as being excellent...but I'm not sure I see it. I mean, Flash isn't really the star of his own trailer here...at least, that's the impression I have from it...for reasons, of course...

47 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Everyone keeps touting this as being excellent...but I'm not sure I see it. I mean, Flash isn't really the star of his own trailer here...at least, that's the impression I have from it...for reasons, of course...

Wasn't the star of the first trailer either.  That was decidedly Keaton.

ETA:  Speaking of Keaton... he looks like hes having a blast here.

Edited by Rhom

18 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Trying to understand why people are still expected to pay money to go watch this creep.

Same, Miller was grooming kids less than a year ago and somehow got away with it. A sick freak, if I’ve ever seen one.

Edited by sifth