Star Wars: You Must Be Over 18 (Midichlorians) To Enter

DaveSumm

44 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Ray Stevenson was an incredibly good actor.  He had such presence.  I’m sorry he’s passed…

Reveal hidden contents

So… Ashoka’s dead… right?

No

Spoiler

She's in the World between Worlds which was established in the last season of Rebels. I believe it has a connection with the cosmic Force which is why Anakin appeared to her.

2 hours ago, sifth said:

So what's the deal with Marrok?

Hide contents

Was he just a mummy or something? He basically turned to dust, after getting slashed one time. 

Possibly made with Nightsister magic. But a red herring in the end considering all the fan theories.

10 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Ray Stevenson was an incredibly good actor.  He had such presence.  I’m sorry he’s passed…

Just had to quote this. Finished the episode and thought exactly the same thing. Amazing presence, and just the right way of conveying this character who is a fallen Jedi who still believes in some measure of honor and respect, but is willing to do evil things because he believes it'll lead to a better future.

Spoiler

I'm not exactly clear what his idea is -- Thrawn establishes a new Empire where the Jedi Order is restored under Baylan and helps to moderate the worst side of the Empire? Curious.

I'm sure people have remarked on the medieval European/chivalric thing going on with Baylan's and Shin's clothing -- the chevron design on what are basically the gambesons or surcoats that they wear, the armor -- and Marrok, of course, has that whole oversized triple bellows visor helmet thing going on. This episode especially dug deep into Ashoka's Japanese chanbara coding, from her spot-on kendo stances to Japanese taiko drums and shakuhachi pipes appearing as part of her themes in the scoring, as well as the classic samurai-style standoffs of shifting stances and staring across at one another as the tension mounts.

I only just realized this episode that Hera's kid has green hair, so I guess he's actually her biological son by a human? I think they should probably have given him one of those fleshy head-tail things as well, it looks like they basically took the cheapest possible course.

26 minutes ago, Ran said:

Just had to quote this. Finished the episode and thought exactly the same thing. Amazing presence, and just the right way of conveying this character who is a fallen Jedi who still believes in some measure of honor and respect, but is willing to do evil things because he believes it'll lead to a better future.

Hide contents

I'm not exactly clear what his idea is -- Thrawn establishes a new Empire where the Jedi Order is restored under Baylan and helps to moderate the worst side of the Empire? Curious.

I'm sure people have remarked on the medieval European/chivalric thing going on with Baylan's and Shin's clothing -- the chevron design on what are basically the gambesons or surcoats that they wear, the armor -- and Marrok, of course, has that whole oversized triple bellows visor helmet thing going on. This episode especially dug deep into Ashoka's Japanese chanbara coding, from her spot-on kendo stances to Japanese taiko drums and shakuhachi pipes appearing as part of her themes in the scoring, as well as the classic samurai-style standoffs of shifting stances and staring across at one another as the tension mounts.

I only just realized this episode that Hera's kid has green hair, so I guess he's actually her biological son by a human? I think they should probably have given him one of those fleshy head-tail things as well, it looks like they basically took the cheapest possible course.

And Baylan's fighting style was a more medieval knight like, as if he was wielding a big two-handed sword against Ahsoka's katana.

26 minutes ago, Ran said:

Another thing the way Baylan employed his lightsaber seemed very… “Great Sword” like to me.  Short chopping strokes as though it had a lot of mass…

14 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Another thing the way Baylan employed his lightsaber seemed very… “Great Sword” like to me.  Short chopping strokes as though it had a lot of mass…

And Ashoka seemed to respond to that by only using one of her lightsabers so she could use both arms to block his heavy blows.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Well, that's what he looked like at the end of Rebels...and putting head-tails on him wouldn't have cost any extra in animation.  So...<shrug>

57 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Well, that's what he looked like at the end of Rebels...and putting head-tails on him wouldn't have cost any extra in animation.  So...<shrug>

Still lazy as possible. Why would they not have made him more obviously half-alien? Maybe just give his skin a slight greenish tint, at least.

Edited by Ran

It was definitely the best so far. Fight scenes were good and pretty, though not as flashy as prequel stuff. The landscape of Seatos was gorgeous. The pacing was pretty decent. Hera was fine this time, and Sabine did a lot of good with her nonverbal cues - as did Baylan. I loved the callouts to the Maul-Obiwan duel in Rebels with the stance changing and the fight before the fight. And I really liked Baylan convincing Sabine to stand down. 

That said...

Why did Ahsoka go to single blade against Marrok? I vaguely get changing the style against Baylan, but Ahsoka's fighting style has always been around agility and quickness. She didn't go single blade against Maul. It was cool and all, but I feel like Sabine probably should have done that awesome fight against Marrok if that's what they wanted to accomplish. 

The dialog of Ahsoka and in general is still fueled with very Important Sayings in really Slow Ways. I just don't get it. I don't get why it is so very slow and quiet and...dull. 

I also hate the Dathomir witch's overacting bullshit so very much. i also really want a loreful explanation why the emperor's most hated enemies that he tried to exterminate are trying so hard to bring back the empire.

48 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

The dialog of Ahsoka and in general is still fueled with very Important Sayings in really Slow Ways. I just don't get it. I don't get why it is so very slow and quiet and...dull.

I've wondered if it's a sound mixing problem.  The voice track being muted but the music track isn't.

I did cheer to see the Ghost show up, after they teased us with the secondary craft earlier in the season.

4 hours ago, Ran said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jacen's father is Kanan Jarrus, one of the main protagonists of Rebels. A human from Coruscant, he was a padawan at the time of Order 66 but managed to escape death (with the help of the Bad Batch) and went way undercover, re-emerging during the Rebellion to help the crew of the Ghost. He died saving his ship-mates from a massive explosion. He was a reasonably solid character.

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I got the impression at one point he was using Force Strength to really put the hammer blows in, forcing Ahsoka to switch fighting styles to fend him off.

27 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I've wondered if it's a sound mixing problem.  The voice track being muted but the music track isn't.

Yeah, I think that's also a reason why the lightsaber duels feel less impactful; the music is much higher than the special FX, and the result is something that feels watered down.