The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

So I have a pair of boots about ten years old from a supposedly solid maker.  Whatever compound they used to attach the sole to the boot failed.

What's the best adherent to reattach the sole?  Want my boots back for our KISS costume at the Halloween party.

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

So I have a pair of boots about ten years old from a supposedly solid maker.  Whatever compound they used to attach the sole to the boot failed.

What's the best adherent to reattach the sole?  Want my boots back for our KISS costume at the Halloween party.

Contact cement. This is what the manufacturer probably used originally. 

1 hour ago, thgrlwthcurushar said:

Does anyone else have times when they think two minutes is the longest time? I was just cooking some tea in the microwave and lost my patience. 

Every Brit on this board who read that just gasped in horror. 

I was once staying in some ridiculously high end US hotel (a long story, it was a business trip, there was a mix up with my hotel booking, nearly everywhere was full and the client company had to find a last minute bed for me). However all was not well at this hotel, the staff were unhappy and working to rule or something. I was having breakfast in a palatial dining room, but my pot of tea did not arrive.

Eventually some sort of head waiter in a resplendent uniform arrived at my table. "I am most terribly sorry about this sir. We are just microwaving it for you now".

Wince.

Reflecting today, again, how much the significantly younger Winston Churchill had in common with Theodore Roosevelt, just starting with both of them being born on third base.

Edited by Zorral

@Deadlines? What Deadlines? Listened to an interview with Ben Mezrich who wrote “Breaking Twitter: Elon Musk and the Most Controversial Corporate Takeover in History. One of the incidents he talked about in the interview is how fElon locked himself up in a room and wouldn’t communicate w/ anyone after that dumb poll where he asked twitter users whereas he should step down as CEO and the majority said “yes”. Employees at Twitter (I think he locked himself in a room at their HQ) were so worried they almost called the police. Because he is that thin-skinned and needy. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Uh, wasn’t that last week?

A few days ago. Sentencing is early next year for some reason. Speculation is that he'll get 25 years. I dunno.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

@Deadlines? What Deadlines? Listened to an interview with Ben Mezrich who wrote “Breaking Twitter: Elon Musk and the Most Controversial Corporate Takeover in History. One of the incidents he talked about in the interview is how fElon locked himself up in a room and wouldn’t communicate w/ anyone after that dumb poll where he asked twitter users whereas he should step down as CEO and the majority said “yes”. Employees at Twitter (I think he locked himself in a room at their HQ) were so worried they almost called the police. Because he is that thin-skinned and needy. :rolleyes:

Do you have a link to the interview? I'd like to hear that.