The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So how does that work? Do they cook you for 4 or 6 hours? Maybe with a bit of Cajun seasoning? I hear penguin goes great with mashed potatoes and gravy, some bread rolls, fruit and pie. If you're a fancy bird bring over a charcuterie board before they fry you up. 

Louisiana Mud Penguins are only legally allowed to be eaten on very rare occasions.

The next time I’m aware of is the tricentennial.

If I’m still around in 2076 and am baked into a pie, all eaters should be wary of the side effects.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So how does that work? Do they cook you for 4 or 6 hours? Maybe with a bit of Cajun seasoning? I hear penguin goes great with mashed potatoes and gravy, some bread rolls, fruit and pie. If you're a fancy bird bring over a charcuterie board before they fry you up. 

I am shocked, Ty, truly shocked, that you would suggest that anyone eat a protected species. All 18 species of penguins and their eggs are protected by international treaty.

As for eating them, let’s quote Captain Cook on that topic. They taste like “a piece of beef, odiferous cod fish and a canvas-backed duck roasted together in a pot, with blood and cod-liver oil for sauce”.

:stillsick:  :stillsick:  :stillsick:

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I am shocked, Ty, truly shocked, that you would suggest that anyone eat a protected species. All 18 species of penguins and their eggs are protected by international treaty.

Clearly you haven't tried the most protected and dangerous of game. Not that I have either, but still...

As for eating them, let’s quote Captain Cook on that topic. They taste like “a piece of beef, odiferous cod fish and a canvas-backed duck roasted together in a pot, with blood and cod-liver oil for sauce”.

:stillsick:  :stillsick:  :stillsick:

So a turducken without all the work?

I did the IPhone update and now so many things are ugly.

The ugliest thing was figuring out how to stop my devices from connecting with each other. I kept getting a bloody air drop message saying my phone had connected with the old phone I use for Pokémon, but I didn’t know what was going on and it was driving me crazy while I tried to get rid of it.

Btw, the new predictive text is really, really good. And the ability to stop companies from tracking you has apparently been greatly improved.

Spent the last few hours going through some boxes of my dad's old shit I never looked at after he died. It was mostly old family photos, family documents and some weird random things with a few gems, but in all the paperwork I found a letter written to my great-grandfather from the office of President Roosevelt elect thanking him for a gift he gave him. I'm framing that.

Also, my great-grandfather was from Romania. Didn't know that. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

I have a thing with healthy snacks. Not sure if it’s me or the recipe but these things turn out nasty. First the whole wheat scones rounds… tried three different whole wheat scones, thank goodness I only made half batches, absolutely vile all of them. Now Greek yoghurt cocoa banana muffins, like what could go wrong? Well I can’t tell but they taste like unflavored rubber. I’m done, I shopped for mince pie, fruit cake and coconut ball ingredients. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 11/25/2023 at 5:12 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Well, I now have to say that the predictive text on the iPhone is so good it’s a distracting pain in the ass and I may have to turn it off.

It's a mixed bag, for sure.  For me, it's accurate around 30% of the time (latest update.)  

I guess I'm unpredictable!  :pirate:

So much water in space-

"This is not the first time space water has been discovered  
For starters, there is plenty of water in the Milky Way galaxy, but there is a catch. The water of the Milky Way is frozen. Wait, where is this water located? Water is present on exoplanets i.e., planets beyond our solar system. Exoplanets were found in the year 1992. Ever since their discovery, scientists have been keen on finding whether life could sustain on these planets. A recent analysis by NASA's Kepler Space Telescope and ESA's Gaia satellite shows that these exoplanets are 50% water. This observation was made by an astronomer from Harvard University called Li Zeng. He observed that water is the major component of these exoplanets, earning them the name of 'water worlds.' The milky way is filled with water worlds. More than 4000 planets discovered so far in a milky way are water worlds!  "

19 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

Wonder how Spockydog's business is coming along . . .  

In the month or so since I last posted, I have used my patent to leverage some funds, in the form of a lucrative licence agreement with an American company who are probably now relieved to not have to go into direct competition with me.

With that money in my pocket, I've gone back to HGF to get another patent. This time, for the Lazyframe, which was conceived as a means of getting the Lazyscrog out of the grow tent. This thing has now evolved into a modular, scalable, solar-powered, Elevated Growing Platform, with active crop defence measures designed to save your high value crops from floods, pests, and extreme weather, such as hailstorms and shit. Oh yeah, and it's totally mobile, so you can even tow your West Coast weed crop away from oncoming wildfires.  

Interestingly, I have had help, from someone I cannot name, in opening some high level doors. As a direct result, we are in the mix for a bunch of government agency grants, both here in the UK, and overseas. My sponsor reckons we're nailed on for success in at least one of these applications, but it will be a couple of months before we know for sure.

If successful (and we're talking millions of equity-free funding, potentially), I will immediately get premises and hit the Executive Search button to find a COO, CFO, and CTO. And I'm going to need a PA. A competent, stern, Mary Poppins type, who will take no shit from me and will become rich by teaching me how to be a CEO. :lol:

I've already had offers of finance which I am considering. But I'm not happy with what's on the table in terms of equity demands. I think certain people are already trying to exploit me.

In the unlikely event that we don't secure grant funding, I think I'll be more inclined to go down the crowdfunding route. The Lazyscrog alone would absolutely smash it on Kickstarter once people see how goddam freakin' amazing it is at growing weed.  :pimp:

Anyways, right now, tonight, I am working on a presentation for the European Space Agency. Lol.

Edited by Spockydog

So I received a bunch of free tea (Earl Grey).

(elderly) Neighbour rang at my door. Asked me whether I sometimes drink tea in the morning, to which I truthfully replied, I only drink tea, as I dislike coffee.

He then handed me his stash of what used to be his favorite tea, which he can no longer digest. Happens to be Earl Grey.

I am fine with that.

Not as awesome as spocky considering poaching Rees-Twat's nanny (that was very clearly what he said in his previous post), but small stuff as the thread promised.

O noes!  Our idyllic, complete meeting of the minds, household is about to become a divided one.  After all these years Partner is going Apple!  Not just fone, but now his video-music production computer!  We are no longer One!  :D

(Libraries went MS way back in the day because Gates gifted them with his product.)

Edited by Zorral